Saturday, March 5, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #129

Welcome to Etsy Inspired Challenge! Our Shop is Desired Things which is full of quirky jewellery and abstract art, made using a variety of different techniques. Each piece is unique. From beads, polymer clay, resin, paper, fabric, paints to wire... the list is endless. Winner Prize:  10 Pound Voucher (approx $16 US). Our sponsor: Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps and the Winner prize -  Birthday Josh Rubber Stamp
I was inspired by this intricate and detailed brooch made from paper painted and textured before being embellished with organza and beads.
I took some ideas and made a little square card. I must say that I don't use this Spellbinder enough. So glad that I get it out to play. I stamped this Penny Black flower from this set called Allegro with Tim Holtz distress ink (Broken China) and added a little piece of tulle for the extra touch. The silver strip in the background is Japanese Washi tape. It sure make the entire design  more intricate and refined.
thanks
Please check out my DT fabulous work!!
Kerry,  Libby (guest design)
RubySavannah , Sherry
Virginia (you are here)
Please link your project to Etsy inspired Challenge here.
 Lastly I want to encourage you to check this amazing Penny Black designer Elizabeth Allan's card and video. Elizabeth gives clear instructions and details on all the how-tos. Her style and craftsmanship are simply superb....Please become her follower as you will  be amazed at her BIG HUGE stamping talent!

29 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, Virginia!

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty card Virginia! That color is so bright & happy....love it!!!!

Karen B. said...

This is seriously the prettiest card I've seen in a long while.

Barb said...

This color combination is so pretty, Virginia! I love the shimmery flowers and that beautiful strip of washi tape!

Libby Hickson said...

This is really beautiful Virginia!! And hey, great minds think alike - I was inspired by the same piece! :-)

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Very beautiful! I love how you used that Washi tape. Great take on the inspiration piece.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is STUNNING! I love everything about it! The touch of tulle with the lovely metallic is gorgeous! I love the tape! And I wanna just take one of those flowers off and wear it in my hair! So lovely!

justsomestuffimade said...

Such an elegant card Virginia - I love it ;)
Perfect inspiration! TFS, hugs, Ruth S

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia,
your card is gorgeous--love your design. I agree with you that Elizabeth Allan's work is superb.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous color combo Virginia. Love the sparkle & shine. Stunning creation. :)

Emily Branch said...

GORGEOUS card and pretty colors!!!

de said...

OHWOW, this is SO beautiful Virginia! Funny how you and Libby picked the same piece and both are so different and yet sooo beautiful!

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful card! :)

Joy said...

this is gorgeous!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Love the take on the inspiration!

Kerry said...

I love the aqua and silver together and that distress ink adds a lovely quality to the flowers. I soooo need to get some washi tape...yours is beautiful!

susanne said...

Gorgeous Virginia! So feminine!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so gorgeous!!!!

FibreJunky said...

I LOVE the shape of your card!! That Washi tape is so pretty! I don't think I've seen any like that before! The stuff I have is positively boring next to it!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia this is beautiful! I love the blue! WOW! All the touches of silver, and the washi tape brings it to another level! So sophisticated!

donna mikasa said...

Simply elegant card! Love the shape and the cool blues! The washi tape is pretty awesome stuff!

Kelly Booth said...

Such a pretty card Virginia...Love it!

Ruby said...

Love your card Virginia!!! So pretty and I love how you've repeated the flower on your Nestie, fab job!!! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

Such a gorgeous card, Virginia! You are so creative with the washi tape, so cool! You ROCK, my friend!

alexandra s.m. said...

so delicate and precious!
Bravo Virginia!!

Judy1223 said...

Virginia, I love the unique shape and the lovely shimmer of your card! The blue is gorgeous and the flower so pretty!

Alice Wertz said...

so very elegant, V!!! love the stamped background and how you used the washi tape! fabulous work as always, girl!! love love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love how you used that flower stamp on the card background and as a focal point--YOU ARE SOOOO CREATIVE! LOVE it! I love the colors too--beautiful use of tulle and that tape--OH MY! You are just knocking my socks off today:) LOVE visiting here!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the sparkle to this one!