Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Design for Scrap Rendez-Vous

It's such an honor for me to be asked by my dear super talented friend  Alexandra (Art Scrap and More) to guest design for Scrap Rendez-Vous . This blog was created by 3 friends ( Alexandra, Virginie and Pascal) from 3 different countries who meet once a month around a common theme and share their love for scrapbooking... and now card-making! I am thrilled to be asked and had to say yes right away! You can see my bio and intro here.

As the guest designer for the month of March, I get to choose a theme! Here's the source of my inspiration. I have been VERY intrigued by Queen Elizabeth's attire from her visit to Canada last year! Her gorgeous and one-of-a-kind hats really make all heads turn! I mean, who wouldn't? She is the QUEEN!
 Here are my inspiration:
Based on the hat, I made this! It required NO stamping, hard to believe, huh?! Some scoring, dry embossed flower with a bit of glitter, pearls, ribbons and the SRM Sticker! Voila!
hugs
My second inspiration ....ain't she sweet?
I can't do justice to that beautiful flower, so I used the textured look and color combo for this design. The tree image was simply swiped with the Tim Holtz distress ink Peel Paint and then stamped onto the white card stock. I chose the Faith sentiment for this design as it projects a solemn feel to it.
faith
My third inspiration.... Notice that the Queen wore the Canadian Flag colors (red and white) and the maple leaf pin? Ooh-la-la!
I came up with something more eye-catching and striking! Happy Spring
 Please drop by at Scrap RDV and join the challenge.  If you'd like to participate, please email Alexanrda your take on the Queen's Hats ( ref. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ) you have until March 30Th! It'll be good to stretch your creativity and have some fun! The March theme is..." So British"! Brilliant, isn't it?
Edited note: Here's a video of Queen of Hats for your viewing pleasure.

28 comments:

Virginie said...

Thank you Virginia!!! I LOVE your cards!!! It's a pleasure to have you as our Guest Star!!!!

xoxox

Simone said...

WOW! Absolutely LOVE all of these gorgeous cards! They each interpret the inspiration perfectly! You never cease to amaze me sweet Virginia! :)

Dawn said...

totally awesome Virginia. I am so impressed. You managed to make 3 fabulous cards, My favourite is the last one... love the red and white.

joy said...

WOW! The black and white one is gorgeous, Virginia. The green is very classy and the red and white flower (lovin' that flower)card is striking. Great cards!

Lin said...

WOW! This is a great idea for inspiration, my friend! Love each of them!

Nat said...

wonderful inspiration! the Queens hats are so unique & beautiful and so are these cards you have created too!

Barb said...

Congrats on the guest spot, Virginia! What a fun theme! These cards are so clever! You have such a special way of interpreting any photo that inspires you, and creating something beautiful from it! I'm always amazed by you!

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations on the guest spot, Virginia! All three of your cards are gorgeous. I love the way you used the bold colours and wonderful stickers!

alexandra s.m. said...

You're BRILLANT my Friend! Your creations speak for themselves!
You're just rocking that design spot...
It's an honor and a blessing to have you <3

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I loved how you shared your inspirational pictures and how they influenced your card designs. All are very lovely. Congratulations on your guest designing invitation.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your cards are excellent! Love the green card and love the theme! Congrats my friend!

Brenda said...

Congratulations Virginia! Awesome! Love your cards inspired by those gorgeous hats!

Cheryl Nelson said...

WOW!! You are so talented! What amazing cards! LOVE the inspiration you drew from those hats!
Perfection!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, love these Virginia! Love your inspiration and I love eachof these cards - so fun!!!
(Jenifer Ann)

BUSIR said...

I watched the video "Queen of Hats"i love hats .It's nice to know you better i've seen your comments on my daughter's blog Alexandra.Great inspiration these hats;Y.S

Marilyn said...

Your cards are right on! Love the beautiful hats Queen Elizabeth wears.
Hugs, Marilyn

Vicky said...

Virginia this post really ROCKS! Amazing creativity and great source of inspiration! How do you come up with all these ideas? I don't know with which I am amazed more... the hats or your cards? Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Deirdre said...

Virginia, they are amazing... FAB

DebStampsLife said...

Great ideas one and all Virginia! What a fun inspiration!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

I adore all of your hat inspired cards. Fun, fun, fun! :)

Sharon D from Canada said...

BIG congrats on your guest design spot, Virginia! I love your pretty and very creative cards! And so fun to see your inspiration photos!

Ayana Posadas said...

WOW! I am totally loving how you shared your inspiration. You are truly so talents. I LOVE these cards and the photos.

Sue McRae said...

Wow, your cards are fabulous! I love how you were inspired by the Queens love of hats and love of vivid colours!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! WOW! What a TERRIFIC BLOG post that you've shared!! LOVE the Queen's photos and her "head attire"...........she's simply, "SMASHING"!!
Now, your cards are AMAZING, too! The Queen really DID inspire you! I couldn't choose a favorite, but the card with the red flower is definitely a SHOW STOPPER!!! :) Keep the inspiration FLOWING!!!!!!!! I WANT TO STAMP!!! Love, Karen xoxoxoxo

susanne said...

Wonderful cards Virginia! I love where you got your inspiration!!

Tiffany said...

Totally gorgeous! Love how bold and fresh these designs are!

Alice Wertz said...

elegant elegant elegant! love the subtle embossing and scoring you did on the first and the second cards, V! and by swiping the ink pad on the stamp, it gives such wonderful texture to the tree image! really LOVE that. and need i say more about the third card? it's sooooooo very elegant. love the pop of red on the flower, but the overall design is just stunning! amazing work, girl! LOVE LOVE them all!

kerenbaker said...

These are right royally fantastic! Love the hat inspiration- she is so elegant . Your cards are all gorgeous- my fave is the first- im a bit scared of that colour - but you've rocked it x