Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Help Japan--with a RED project!

I was prompted by CREATE Blog Challenge to make a card with grids. I have never made one before and I was so intrigued. I even thought about the design/sketch while working at the doctor's office (shh...just don't tell the boss!). This first card is pretty flat and is postal-friendly. The only pop-ups are the Sakura flowers from my paper punch. I can't help making another Japan-inspired card. We just made a donation to the Canadian Red Cross. Have you done that? It's definitely something to consider...
Here's a GREAT cause in this blog called Use It Tuesday (rerquirement is to use RED in your project).I found out through my lovely blog friend Eve. They are going to make a donation to the Red Cross based on the number of participants of the challenge! If they get 1-25 players, they will donate $50; 26-50 players we will donate $75 and so on up to $400! Please help spread the word and hope you can join this great cause. Here's my part for this challenge: Edited note: this card was featured in CREATE blog.
XO XO
My 2nd card design came from the sketch I did at the office. I thought of tic tac toe game that my son David loves to play (he always win though). The images are colored with copics.  Both cards' sentiment are from SRM Stickers.
hi
 Hope this makes you smile! Please stop by tomorrow for a super EXCITING blog hop that I will be part of! Hop to Lily Pad Cards if you haven't !

16 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia! Such cute grid cards! No surprise that you found yourself thinking while working! :> Your bunny one is tooo cute! Enjoyed chatting with you today! Sorry I couldn't chat more it's always so nice to talk to you! :>

Barb said...

These are both so fun, Virginia! I love your takes on a grid design! The first one with all the lovely flowers is so pretty and the tic tac toe one is just adorable! Fabulous idea!

Petra Tillmann said...

Beautiful Spring Cards, Virginia!

The Mama Monkey said...

I love that you **create** at work! We won't tell anyone, don't worry!! Your design is so clever! I love all the X's and O's together in the squares!

We are so happy you played along with us this week at Use It Tuesday! Thank you for making our donation that much better!

Marie-Anne said...

Your cards are cute!

Marie-Anne

joy said...

Love your grid cards, Virginia! There's that cute bunny again!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great cards Virginia! Super cute bunny card, love it! Thanks for the info too.

Cheryl Nelson said...

love, love, LOVE them both!!

walchowDesign said...

Very creative card with the tic tac toe game! Will check out the website on Use it Tuesday!

Tiffany said...

For a wonderful cause, these are really pretty grid cards! You rock, Virginia!

Eve said...

You are awesome, Virginia! Thank you for making another card for Japan. I luv the SOFT tone of card, the cherry blossoms & the colors bring...luv the grid card! And thank you for spreading the word on the challenge! Luv the 2nd card for Very cheerful & happy look! And, very "springy"! :-) Cute, cute!! :-)

BabyBokChoy said...

For such a great cause and such wonderful cards!

Karen Snider said...

Hi Virginia, I work for the Canadian Red Cross. Thank you so much for your support to help aid efforts in Japan.
Please do stay connected with us:
Twitter: @redcrosscanada
Facebook: canadianredcross
Blog: http://redcrosstalks.wordpress.com
Thanks again,
Karen

Emily Leiphart said...

These are fantastic, Virginia! The first one is really lovely and heartfelt while the second one is whimsical and fun. Both made me smile!

Alice Wertz said...

mmmmm..... LOVE your grid cards, V!!!! the first one is very pretty and that tic tac toe one is toooooooo cute!! fabulous idea and so delightful. love love them both!! see ya tomorrow!! =)

Brenda said...

I love the tenderness of the first and the fun of the second card Virginia! Gorgeous!