Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let's Go Traveling!!

Are you ready for a little adventure today? Hop on the plane, train, bus, boat and more plane! Alexia the Cat (beautifully made and given to me by my talented friend Alexandra)  is going to take you to places! As you may know, my 16-year old David just came back from his European trip. The night before his trip, I asked him to bring Alexia along with him. I thought it will be fun to take this little cat for a fun trip. At first, David was reluctant, but in the end, he went along with my idea and he did not disappoint me!! I can't believe how these photos make me feel--so happy that I want to giggle!
First we started with Alexia watching over the luggage handling in Frankfurt! Take it away, Alexia!
Hello! Alexia here...I love Frankfurt Airport. David, being a good boy, bought two German magazines at his Mom's request. I wanted to make sure David's luggage was on the right flight :) 
So happy that David took me to this Italian wooden toy shop. I saw Pinocchio there!
Then we were off to Florence. This structure was pretty impressive, huh?
I tried to "blend in" with the people at the piazza! I was doing what the Romans do--strolling!

Ta-dah! See the Colosseum ? Boy, is it ever BIG!
I was in front of the Roman Forum. Tourists only that day--no public protest or speeches.
Lucky David got to visit Trevi Fountain for the 2nd time (he was there exactly a year ago)! My first! Now....who is CUTER? The sculptures or ME???
David is such a seasoned traveler. He didn't buy many tacky souvenirs, mostly pasta and chocolate--his fave!
We then were off to Pisa. I was trying to "help"..but it is still leaning.

Here's me in NICE, France "chilling"---N-I-C-E!
Love to relax on the beach...it was a bit too cold though. So no celebrity sightings there :(
Here's comes the exciting part. We took the high speed train TGV from Nice to Paris. The 6-hour trip was all in a blur....but I savored every minute of it.
David even videotaped it! He waited a long time..just to get this because the trains are just TOO fast to catch!
video
Ah....finally! PARIS!
After visiting the Arc de Triomphe, Musee du Louvre, Latin Quarter and eating crepes (YUM), it's time to head back to Canada.
Thanks so much for traveling with me! I think Virginia has some more fun projects planned for tomorrow...

30 comments:

TanySol said...

Great story for this challenge!
http://my-365-stories.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-post_01.html

Patricia said...

Super fun post I love it =P

Barb said...

I love this post! What a riot! I don't think I could have convinced either of my boys to do this! I love that David took all those photos with Alexia! Looks like they traveled well together and had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing, V!

Dawn said...

Way too cute Virginia. Had me giggling away here... good on David for getting such cute photos of Alexia's trip away. Such fun!!!

Isha said...

Love this post so much Virginia...you made me smile. Love Alexia and her narration:))

diana said...

Thanks for sharing the travel adventures of Alexia the Cat. And your son did a great job documenting the trip. Where to next for Alexia? ;-)

Lin said...

David did a great job - what a cute idea!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
Thank you Virginia and David!

xox

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for the fun - so cute! When we visited Rome there were lot's of people photographing toy/garden nomes taking in the sites, Jo x

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a fun post!! LOVE Alexia's tour! "purr"fect!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

What a wonderful adventure for Alexia. Thank you for sharing Viginia and to David for taking so many great location photos.

AnitaRex said...

Hello Alexia what a fun trip David gave you! I so love this Virginia! What a great idea! Such great places he visited! I bet he started to enjoy doing this as did his classmates!!!!! When Ariel gets home from school I am going to show this to her!!!!!!!!

Marilyn said...

Loved this fun mini trip with David and Alexia! Always love your posts, Virginia, as they bring a smile, a laugh, and get me started on my day!! :))

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a fabulous idea, Virginia!
HOORAY, David! You took some really incredible photos with sweet Alexia. Thanks so much for sharing a part of your European vacation with us! :)<------(me smiling)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

How FUN is this. Thanks so much for the SMILES today Virginia. Wish I could have joined them on this SUPER DUPER AMAZING vacation. :)

CinnamonSally said...

Such fun Virginia, what a great idea, I love to see all the exciting places that David and Alexia visited.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL!!!! This is one super post, Virginia! I LOVE Alexia. How cute is she!! I was giggling and smiling the whole way through these photos. I especially love the first one of the back of her at the airport. David did a fantastic job! I did this for a friend's son when he sent me a Flat Stanley to visit Montreal with. So cute! :D

Tiffany said...

What fabulous photos and a great time David had, love your storybook, you're such a good story teller V!

Julie Hoffman said...

Love these pictures Virginia! What a fantastic trip for your son!!!

Karen from MI said...

HOW CUTE, Virginia! All I know is, ALEXIA is leading a BETTER LIFE THAN I AM!!! :) You know, Tiffany is right, you're a great story teller and David is a sweetie for bringing Alexia along. Looks like both had a FANTASTIC trip. Sure wish I could have snuck in his suitcase (of course he TOTALLY had everything ORGANIZED, that I would have stuck out like a SORE THUMB!! )!
Love, Karen xo

Simone said...

LOL! This is so fun and way to cute Virginia! Loved all of those photos! Makes me want to book a trip back to Europe! :)

pcm said...

very cute :) your son is adorable!

Virginie said...

hahahaha!! I really love this story!!! Thank you Virginia!!!

xoxoxo

Vera Rhuhay said...

OhMy...I love reading this story too! What a cute and Fun Photos ! Loooove it so much!

Brenda said...

Thank you Virginia! What an awesome post about David's travels with Alexia! He is a real sport!

Kathy said...

wowowowo BC this fantastic narration and photos by sweet david
thanks for sharing and sending me the link
hugs sista

ivy said...

how fun! TFS the pics!

Vicky said...

yeah!!! So happy to see a toy traveler!!!

Alice Wertz said...

love love love this, V!!!! such a cute post, i bet Alexia had a blast!!! =) thanks for making me smile, my friend! =)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOOVE that I'm not the only one who takes fun photos with stuffed animals or fun paper crafted items! LOVE Alexia the Cat!! And what a trip she had! LOVE LOVE LOVE each photo--amazing! It is like we are there with everyone! LOVE this post--SOOOOO much fun:)