Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Layer Wednesday # 45

I was very interested to try my hands/stamps out with the One Layer Wednesday Challenge called What The Hex (what a catchy name, eh?). You must check out Jennifer Style's beautiful samples (see here) and see what this is all about. The Hex Sign can be easily found in the buildings, folk art, quilts and signs in Lancaster, Penn. I had been to the Lancaster county, PA. twice  and I love the quaint shops along the little country roads. I am living close to the Mennonite county called St. Jacob and have seen numerous Mennonite who are much like the Amish in Lancaster, PA. Here are two quilt photos I took from the gift shops in St. Jacob.
Here's my attempt to come up with a Hex design.
OLW #45
and of course, I wish I could tell you that I stamped this card with ONE take. But no...here's my trials and errors. It's the process that I love (note to myself). I used Hero Arts Speckled Ornaments and  SRM Stickers Thinking of You
Oh.... the things we do for card-making, huh?
Added note: 3pm Sunday~ My son David just landed in Toronto airport from Paris! I'm so thankful that he has arrived safely! Praise the Lord!

13 comments:

Barb said...

Virginia, I just love that you jump right in and try everything! Also love that you showed us your "trials and errors!" Your card turned out beautifully! Such a fun design! :)

Dawn said...

Love seeing the process and then the amazing result Virginia. Lovely card. Really beautiful.

Lin said...

Virginia, this is really lovely - what a wonderful take on the challenge. I LOVE that your design has hearts!! Well done, little sis!

Jennifer said...

This is so pretty! Great colours and I love the addition of a sentiment!

Fab job on the challenge and thanks for playing along with OLW45!

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh that's a lovely technique of stamping u did here, very nice!

alexandra s.m. said...

Love that card and I was popping over just to see if David had landed safely!! I'm so happy for you Guys to be together again ;-)

Isha said...

Love your card and the making of....TFS Virginia.

Kathy said...

I love how you created this design sista. You always have such unique ways to create. Hugs, kathy

Debgem said...

This is a lovely hex sign - and it's great to see your work in progress too - mine went in the bin!!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! fabulous stamping, V!! LOVE the hex you created by combining these stamps. so pretty! and i LOVE that you shared your process, that's the most fun and precious part! =) fab work, girl! so glad to hear that David arrived safely. hooray!!

Jenny said...

Great card, I love the colours too X

Susan said...

Virginia...I love that you've shown us all your trial pieces! Don't you love the creative process!! The final card turned out great!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE that you had some trial pieces--I don't have time for that--but this shows just how amazing you are! The finished card is FAB! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE:)