Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scene Card

I love making scene cards...it's like putting the pieces of puzzles together. It has to be somewhat in proportion and look...well, just right. After making this bike card, I want to try a different background. I admit that I don't used this Hero Arts village background stamp enough. I decided to try this out....first I gather my stamps and try out a few things...
 I was going to make a one layer card, but I think it will need some depth to give it more interest. This was the initial plan.
So I re-stamped the background and added the balloon strings....and it did not go as planned.
In fact, I was appalled after stamping those "strings"! So...I re-did everything. This card took much longer than I had thought! At the end....it's all good.
Have a HAPPY Birthday
I think the twines provide an easy solution here. It gives a more realistic feel to the strings, plus, it added more colors and details to the card. I use Tim Holtz Distress Inks for this card. It seems that I reach out for them all the time! They are truly versatile and are like the work horse that you can rely on. I'm also entering this card for the Simon Says Stamp (Happy Birthday) Challenge.
close-up
Thank you for taking the time to comment as always! I know how busy life is.

21 comments:

Dawn said...

what a cute scene Virginia. It was worth the effort. It looks wonderful

Emily Leiphart said...

Virginia, I want to case this card! It's so fabulous. I also have that village stamp because it reminded me of Italy but I haven't used it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a delightful little scene, Virginia! Loved seeing the results of your decision to go with the twine--I love it!!

Kathy said...

Hey hey sista. I love your little scene and it's those clever little scenes that attracted me to your great cards. Miss you
hugs BC, Kathy

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, I love this card! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has to re-do cards sometimes! :) I love the scene and the flowers along the road with the balloons. So adorable!

Anette H said...

YES, this is ALL good!! Love how this came out in the end!!

Kathy Martin said...

How fun this card is! Love the balloon bouquet and the layering of stamps! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I loooooooooove this card--it is super cute! Love your city scene--so so clever! LOVE those balloons on the bike! SO FUN! You rock---sorry you had to do this card several times--makes me feel better! I have that happen TOOOO often:) Beautiful finished project though--LOVE visiting here! SO INSPIRED!

alexandra s.m. said...

Not only is your card absolutely AWESOME but I love seeing your creative process! so interesting and we learn so much from it ;-)

Thank you!!

Tiffany said...

Aww...I'm glad you found success in the end with your card and a very happy ending, indeed, these colors make me very happy!!

joy said...

What a fun card, Virginia! I love the twine, but I especially love that village stamp!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, too.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia - great jog turning a small moment of frustration into a BIG WOW. A wonderful card. I like the balloon strings and the scene is so lovely.

Emily Branch said...

I'm in LOVE with this card!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Jocelyn said...

LOVE, LOVE this card!! The balloons and twine are perfect additions!

Alice Wertz said...

love love the pretty scene you created, Virginia!! amazing stamping and the twines are perfect! fabulous card as always, my friend!! love love this!

Rica said...

It turned out fabulous Virginia, I find the simple cards always take much longer LOL!! The scene you've created is fabulous and the bike and balloons a perfect finish!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Clare said...

This is so fun and fabby! I know what you mean about not using that stamp enough - lol! The twine is the perfect finishing touch for this cheery card! :)

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the "step by step" of how you made it. Hero Arts stamps are so versatile and can be adapted for any kind of card. Love the balloons on the back of the bike, very clever.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

phatelara said...

Hi! I clicked on your blog link from Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog. Love love LOVE your card! The best I've seen tonight! :)

Debbie @ Phatelara

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww love this one. I sooo need that bicycle stamp. :)

Daniela said...

Love this card. Followed a link from Cards blog!