Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scrap RDV Guest Design (Part 2)

It gives me great pleasure to share some more guest design work with you today. My sweet friend Alexandra  had graciously asked me to make a card or two based on this sketch provided by Liana!
Isn't it FUN? I was so inspired that I went to create right away. And immediately I knew that I wanted to scrap, too! Since the theme is "So British" based on my prompt for Scrap Rendez-Vous. I made a page of my trip to London last year. This is the first time that I made a page just about ME and it's also the first time I made a page based on sketch!
Seize The Day
The banner idea came from my previous Lace Banner Card. I'm glad the design came so easily! I pop-dotted the lace banners and then added ribbons and gems. The photo of me was taken in May 2010 in
front of the Buckingham Palace
close-up
I didn't see the Queen, but just by being there, I felt that I had lived a full life and was so happy that I could finally visit the famous Palace. Thus the title "Seize the Day" and I used the sentiment "Remember to....live in moment !" Next are the two cards I made based on the sketch. I could have made an England-inspired card, but our minds and concerns these days are mostly centered on the terrible calamities of Japan. I can't help but make a card as my tribute to Japan.
caring thoughts
Japan is a country that my father deeply admired. My father was a Taiwanese and was educated under the government of Japan for 20 some years. Taiwan was once occupied and ruled by Japan for 50 years and the ruling ended in 1945 after Japanese surrender in World War II. I grew up with my father's admiration for Japanese culture and language. Growing up in Taiwan, I have many fond memories of Japan from my childhood, thanks to my father's influence.
wishing you well
My thoughts and prayers are with the people in Japan.
Lastly I want to thank Alexandra for giving me this opportunity to stretch my creativity and encourages me in such an amazingly positive way. Thanks so much for stopping by!

19 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! What a fantastic post, Virginia! First of all, I ADORE your layout! What a neat take on the sketch! Wonderful photo of you and I love the journaling definition of "life!" Both of your cards are also fabulous! Love the gem flowers on the first and the pretty colors and stamping on the second! You inspire me, my friend!

diana said...

Thanks for sharing these two lovely cards made in tribute to the people of Japan. And thanks for your positive and inspiring blog posts - your enjoyment of your craft and of life really comes through! ;-)

Dawn said...

Wonderful Virginia. Your LO is awesome and how lovely your cards are in tribute to the devastation in Japan. Your lacy banner is so original. LOVE IT.

patscrap91 said...

Virginia, your cards made in tribute to the japanese are beautiful.Your layout is wonderful. Love the banner.

Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow..wonderful post today, Virginia! I love your Gorgeous LO! you're so creative , love your lace banner!
and your card are so beautiful too!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your layout and cards are wonderful; love the cards and layout. You did a excellant job and you are an inspiration. Hugs to you.

Lin said...

Youw WERE inspired with this sketch! Beautiful work, Virginia!

Brenda said...

Beautiful layout and such stunning cards for this heart breaking situation!

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm so grateful you accepted my invitation at the last minute!
Your creations are stunning and so inspiring!
You have that "extra je-ne sais-quoi" that makes everything you create extra-special!

THANK YOU <3

Cheryl Nelson said...

WOW!! All of these are so amazing!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful creations. I really love that layout. The colors really stand out. :)

Tiffany said...

Amazing projects and just LOVE your layout V! A great tribute to your traveling memories indeed!

Karen from MI said...

GREAT layout, Virginia! So nice to see that you did such an AMAZING page featuring, YOU! I LOVE IT!! I really like your cards, too. You look so cute in that photo, Virginia! :) Love, Karen xo

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Virginia, your layout looks digital! (that is a compliment :0) It's really neat. ANd I love your two cards for Japan. THey are truly beautiful. My heart goes out to the people there. Take care, Virginia.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I hope you continue making stunning layouts along with your gorgeous cards. Love them all.

Simone said...

Oh Virginia these are all so beautiful! I love that LO - such a great way to remember your trip, its so gorgeous! Your two cards are so pretty to. My heart also goes out to the people of Japan. xox

Eve said...

Luv the page of your trip! London is the one of 2 places I actually planned to go but haven't yet, cuz of the emergency... :-( Luv that sketch your friend made too :-) yes, I luv both of your cards!! First one, cuz of RED/WHITE & Cherry blossoms, and the 2nd one, the soft colors with LANTERNS!! Those remind me of Japan very much :-)

Alice Wertz said...

your lace banner is fabulous and love that you cut up the photos, too. fabulous layout! and your cards are gorgeous and they are such wonderful tribute to the beautiful country. i love them all! amazing work, my friend!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! I LOVE your LO--what a great take on that sketch! What a fabulous trip to remember--beautifully done! And your cards--wow! You keep amazing me! I LOOOOOOOOVE that last one--the soft colors--the white space--the sweet ribbon and bows! LOVE!! You rock, Virginia:)