Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stamped Envelopes

The time has come again...traveling, that is. No, it's not me. It's my lucky 16-year old David who is making a10-day trip with his Latin class on March 11 . This year he is flying across the pond to Milan (via Frankfurt), Venice, Florence, Pisa, Monaco and Paris! Who would not like a itinerary like that? Last year I made these envelopes for the Italy-bound group to keep their tickets/receipts. These were the goodies, food,  and scenery posts from his trip to Italy (in case you miss seeing them).

This year, during our trip-planning meeting, I volunteered (what a busy body am I!!)to make them some NEW envelopes. It was easy when you have the "right stuff"...yup, lucky me! And what do you know... Hero Arts happened to have a challenge for Stamped Envelopes ! So how cool is that!?

When I saw the Hero Arts stamp,
I only know that I want it, but I really didn't know how much I will be using it. Since I received it from my last Hero Arts challenge win, I had been playing a lot more with that stamp...at least more than I thought! And that is a GOOD thing! So here's another example! I chose the colors from the 3 country's flag colors:
France 
Italy
and Monaco ( It's hard to see this red and white flag as the bottom part is white!)
 that David will be visiting and came up with the design
#1
As this is an all girl/ladies trip (except my David!!), I used some purple, orange and  pink for the designs. I stamped this Explore and Discover on the back of the envelope. This is going to be a wonderful keepsake for the group.
#3
I also stamped a note card to be tugged inside the envelopes, so the busy traveler can jot down a few things.
just a note

I think David will be in good great company! I mean, 9 lovely ladies accompanying him to Europe? Oh, boy!! I am going to miss him....but hey, it's more ME time for creating and blogging...so it's all good :)

22 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, these are fabulous!

Dawn said...

totally awesome Virginia. what a great mom you are... these are just the best gift you could give the group... and your David is one very lucky young man.

Sanne said...

What a fab idea Virginia - looks soooo cool!

Nat said...

wow sounds like such an awesome trip, love this set you have created. Totally fab design! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Wowzers! These are FANTABULOUS! You are soooo clever!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Fabulous idea Virginia. What a neat way to keep track of those special little mementos.

justsomestuffimade said...

What a wonderful adventure David will have I'm sure! I love your creations to remind the happy travellers of home, whilst they are spreading their wings a little ;)
I've visited many of those cities and they are so wonderful - he will bring back some amazing memories! Hugs, Ruth S

Anette H said...

Lucky David - in every way!!! And you for some extra YOU time, of course!!! This will be a wonderful trip, I have been to Paris, Florence and Pisa myself, and David's really got a lot to look forward to!!! Have a safe journey, David!

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Virginia you are so clever and such a lovely mum making these for David and his friends!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE these! The changing ink colors is soo awesome! I love the modern feel! David is soooooo lucky! Does he need another friend to go with him? I'm available:) Can't wait to see his pics:) LOVE!!!

Carolyn King said...

LOVE these...what a great way to use the stamp and i love the inspiration for the colors!

Emily Leiphart said...

Aren't you the most awesome Mom in the world?! David is lucky to be able to go on such an incredible trip to Europe (so jealous) and I think his female companions are going to love these kits even more! I just love this fabulous idea, Virginia!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love the stamped envelopes; you did an awesome job. Hope that David has a wonderful time in Europe.

Kathy Martin said...

Woweeeeeeeee! These are fantastic V! Swoooooon! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Lucky boy!
I love what you did there Virginia <3

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! HOW SWEET your travel envelopes are! I'm sure they are a welcome "bonus" for the traveling students. I know that if I were on the trip, I'd LOVE having something like this to keep me ORGANIZED!! Could you PLEASE help me with my "house organization".........maybe there would be a "prize" at the end of the day (oooooops, I mean, MONTH)!:) Anyway, hope that you don't miss David TOO much.......you'll just have to immerse yourself in your next greatest love........STAMPING/.COOKING! :) HAVE FUN!
Love, Karen xooxoxo

pcm said...

Wow virginia! What an awesome mom you are!

Kathy (krolski) said...

These are wonderful! You're such a sweet Mom! David is lucky to have you! David, I hope you're reading this. heehee... :)

Alice Wertz said...

love love love the envelope you stamped, V!!!! soooooo beautiful and so thoughtful that you used the colors of the countries that they are going to!! the note inside will come in handy, too. sigh... they are so lucky!! hope David have a safe and super fun trip and YAY! for more craft time for you! =) fabulous work, my friend!

Lin said...

Well done - such alot of work! I agree, LUCKY David! (does he realize it?)

Tiffany said...

Wonderful stationery/envelope set V! David is truly becoming the traveling guru just like you, but in his own rite! You must be so proud of him, and it's great for them to get out and explore the world at this age!

Nicky Hsu said...

Big congrats on the Hero Art's Fab Five. This is such a fun set. Lucky David, I am so envy him.