Thursday, March 17, 2011

Think Pink!!

I'm in the mood for pink in the last two days...here's one I made for the Get Sketchy #78 challenge. Based on this sketch, I used my one and only Pur Innocence stamp. I adore the sweet image of the little girl.....
I took out the copics and started coloring...the pattern paper is from Cosmo Cricket (see here) and I used SRM Stickers for the sentiment. It just MELT into the pattern paper! Love that! As you know, I love the faux stitching! SEW easy!
DSC_00056332
I also tried to make a card with more than 10 buttons (the idea is from here). It was a lot of fun to make this card. Only one little stamp was used. I applied the SRM Sticker over the stamped heart buttons and did a lot of button-sewing. Voila!
love
edited note: this card was featured in CREATE Blog (10 buttons or more). Hope you day is s sweet as the color pink! I know today is St. Patrick's Day, so hooray for green, too!

20 comments:

Barb said...

Such sweet, pink cards tonight, V! Love your coloring on the little girl and that fab paper! Cute card with the buttons all around the die cut! Fun design!

Arlene said...

So darn cute! I think PINK is the "in" color now... eh:)

alexandra s.m. said...

Love love your cards Virginia!
You rocked both the PINK and the sketch!!
Love your coloring as well ;-)

xox

ivy said...

i'll be seeing your button card on cards blog thursday! you cards always get picked there! i had a hard time parting away with my buttons!

annieambriel said...

Love your cards and style.. so bright and cheerful. THe button card is so sweetly cute :)

Dawn said...

Love your PINK day Virginia. Your button card is lovely.

Sarah said...

Sweet cards, Virginia!

Isha said...

Such a cute Pink day...great idea and lovely cards Virginia.

Carolyn King said...

Adorable PI card! So sweet! Loving the design on the button one too! Great job on both!

joy said...

Just so sweet - love all the pink and that little girl is the cutest! Love the button card, too - a lot of sewing :)

Lin said...

I'm loving your pink phase!!! Both of these cards make me SMILE BIG!! Hugs, Virginia!

Cheryl Nelson said...

These both are just darling!!

Melanie said...

Cute, cute cards, Virginia! Your talent is so inspiring. I love seeing how you interpret sketches and challenges :)

Julie Hoffman said...

These are both adorable Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow, I loved your pink mood cards. Both are fabulous.

Tiffany said...

So sweet! LOVE the bright and fun colors, and those Pure Innocence images make it easy for a cute card, don't they?!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both of these cards are so darn cute! Love your button idea! I wish I had time to play this week, but once again I didn't. Maybe next week! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

That mft gal is out of this world cute, sigh... i gots to get her out and stamp her!! :) thanks for the inspo!

Jess said...

Fab cards! Loving those buttons!

Alice Wertz said...

your first card is so sweet! perfect pp for it and wonderful coloring, my friend!! and love how you sneaked the green in your second card. fabulous design, too! super cards, V!!