Thursday, April 21, 2011

Crepe Paper Bouquet Inspiration

I find this photo so inspiring, I couldn't help making a card! 
 This was featured as Tuesday Trigger (source from Martha Stewart)  at the Moxie Fab World. I just love the warm glow and colors!
I Love You, Mom!
I used this set of stamp Real Flowers to recreate the bouquet. From the large and small flowers from this set, I add the layers of stamping, colors and dimensions. My latest Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tattered Rose) came in handy. I paired it up with Fire Brick, Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw,Worn Lip Stick, Antique Linen and Victorian Velvet. The only ink that is not distress ink was the leaves. It's Color Box Chalk Ink.
#1
I let the card sit on my desk over a short period of time and each time I went back to it, I added more and more layers and flowers. The sentiment is from SRM Quick Cards-Mother.
#1 (2)
My original plan was just to make one large flower, but the idea of having smaller flowers around the big flower is just too pretty to pass up! Hope you like it, too! 

On the side note here....I was in the midst of battling a bad computer virus in the last few days. It all started with an innocent request for a permission to install Adobe Flash Player. At the time I was busy blogging and e-mailing, so I clicked YES (a very BAD idea indeed). All the documents, files and photos are "gone" (!!!). The virus took over totally and I was bombarded with the numerous threats of having to buy this software that is supposed to solve the problems. That is all part of the scare tactics, according to my computer guy who is GREAT and HELPFUL! With his help, I'm somewhat back in action again....It was VERY stressful. Do you have a love/hate relationship with the technology? I'm sure you can relate to that to some degree!  So beware of the viruses!! And lastly....my afternoon job at hubby's office is coming to an end today! (YES, Virginia!) His nurse is back after the twins maternity leave (it's been one LONG year for me). I look forward to more time stamping and blogging (if that's possible-heehee)!! 
Wish you all a HAPPY EASTER!!

29 comments:

susanne said...

Beautiful Spring card Virginia, perfect for Mother's Day!!

Lindsay said...

This is so lovely Virginia! Love all the stamped flowers in those perfect pastel colors! So so sorry to hear about your computer and I am glad it is back up and running for you!

Marie-Anne said...

I love these flowers!

Happy Easter,

Marie-Anne

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I just love how you turn a photo concept into a card creation. This is gorgeous. Glad to hear your computer is free of that nasty virus.

justsomestuffimade said...

So adorable! I love all the floral layering, and soft Distress colours ;)
TFS, hugs, Ruth S

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how the sticker works with this card :)

Isha said...

simply stunning card Virginia.I missed some of your posts cos I was on holidays....so will chk them tonite...always love your inspiring creations.

Brenda said...

This is the loveliest card I have seen today! Such beautiful colours! Love the layers! So glad you are going to have more time to craft!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Soooo perfect for Mother's Day. Love the soft colors and gorgeous flowers. :)

Maureen Morton said...

So sorry you had a techo-battle; I recently did, too. Bummer! But this card is lovely! I hope I have time to participate because the trigger is so lovely - as is this fantastic card full of flowers.

AnitaRex said...

Whooooo hoooo to no more working! Who hooo!!!! She is back! :> Love your card today! Such a great take off the photo! When I saw the photo I thought of one of Ariel's Easter dresses as it's those colors and it's flowers! (She has 4 Easter dresses....) Your card is perfect for a mom, the sticker is such a great sentiment! So sorry to hear about your computer problems and this after paypal, right? I hate it when that stuff happens!!!

Trinh said...

Oh this is so soft & lovely, a perfect take on the Trigger! I hope all your computer problems are fixed soon. And yay to no more work!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So lovely!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is GORGEOUS, Virginia! Love it! :)

Karen B. said...

This is a true beauty!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love all the flower layers! Beautiful card Virginia! I hope your virus troubles are over. That's never a fun thing to go through! Congrats on having more crafting time! YAY!
Happy Easter!!

Jessica said...

Love all the stamped flowers!! Very pretty :)

Tiffany said...

Super sweet and delicious colors on this card, very pretty! Love that bouquet photo!!

pcm said...

beautiful card!

BabyBokChoy said...

That is a gorgeous bouquet you created!! I love that card, so subtle and so elegant!

Eve said...

what a beautiful take on that inspirational photo! wow, you'll find more time to stamp??!! i'd been wondering how you found time for making so many cards. lol.. yes, computer is one of the technology which made our life so easy but once virus attacks... i don't like the CELLPHONE...only good thing about it is for REAL emergency use, but other than that, it's getting too much. We would've being able to have more PEACEFUL & QUIET life if there was no cellphone... lol

Alice Wertz said...

love love the beautiful soft colors. so pretty and fresh. gorgeous card, Virginia!! YUM! =) gaaahhh... so sorry to hear about the virus, it's really frustrating when it happens... but so happy to hear that you are done with the clinic work!! more beautiful cards from you!! =) Happy Easter to you, too!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card and sorry about your yucky computer virus....bummer!!

Sandy Ang said...

You card is such a great take on the inspiration photo. Congrats on the CAS DT

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely card, Virginia! The colors are great--I love your take on the challenge!!

Tami said...

LOVE that layered flower!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Maureen Morton said...

Virginia, you are such a constant source of sweet inspiration1 This is just lovely!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This is such a beautiful card! I LOOOOOOOOVE the colors--those flowers are gorgeous! GREAT mother's day card!!