Monday, April 25, 2011

TWO Lily Pad Cards Challenge

I know I should be out going for a run, getting my garden ready for planting, doing Spring clean-ups....BUT here I am , making more cards! I love how the challenges make me think about the designs! To me, it's simply the BEST part of creating. I made two cards for the Lily Pad Card Challenge. There are so many to choose from, I highly suggest you to check the blog out if you haven't.

First off, it was a book-cover inspired card Cover Lover-Auntie Mame. How smart is that idea?
I took the postal envelop color strip as the inspiration. I chose International Skyline and Travel Journal sets for my design. The theme of the cover has to with traveling the world and exploring...so I went from there.
 Enjoy The Journey
The special features of this card is the book-shaped sentiment which was from Starbucks coffee sleeves. It worked really well with the Cuttlebug!
Enjoy The Journey
The 2nd card I made was from the sketch created by Lucy.
 

I made a simple card with the sketch. As I stare at my new Penny Black Party Time set, I noticed the balloons and how fun to pierce them with a needle (eeek) !! Edited note: please check out Elizabeth's coloring tutorial and become her follower. She is amazing!
Happy Birthday
I colored the images with copics and used Twinery for the strings. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers.
Edited note: This hedge card was featured as the Fabulous 4 (see here
  It really is a simple design and I hope this card makes you smile :)

27 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Such clever, creative cards, Virginia! I love the book shape (Starbucks, again!) on the first card and the color inspiration and the second card--so sweet! Great take on the sketch, too!

Arlene said...

Creative - and simple YAY.

Anni said...

I love both cards! I think it´s a good thing to spend the free time crafting! Genieße die Zeit!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

justsomestuffimade said...

Super cute cards! The book idea for your first is perfect, and your hedgie colouring is adorable too ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Joy said...

Your first card Virginia captures Auntie Mame perfectly, love it! the Second card is such a cutie and captures the sketch beautiful..LOVE!!

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely cards. The second one is my favorite on, it's so cute.

Marie-Anne

Eve said...

Great take on Challenges,both cards! wow! Luv that starbucks sleeves! :-)

Anette H said...

Love both of these, Virginia! I am a big lover of balloons, and you've done a fab coloring job on the Penny Black image! The needle is the perfect touch (eeeek)!!!!

Patricia said...

Great cards I love all of them but the last one is my favorite is super cute =P

Sarah said...

Wonderful cards, Virginia!

Karen B. said...

Love the pops of color on the first and the sweetness of the second.

Jeanette Marchand said...

Great cards, Virginia. I love the second one! The image is so adorable and you coloured it wonderfully.

Vicky said...

Creative as always you made two great cards!!! Love them both! Thanks for joining the fun at LPC

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such FAB cards!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a great inspiration for a card. Love these. :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Both cards are great Virginia! The 2nd card is just adorable! Great take on the sketch!

Nancy said...

Virginia you always amaze and inspire me! Your Cover-Lover card has so much charm and the special details that are your signature. Love it! And that sweet Penny Black image on the sketch challenge card has the perfect home on your delightful design! Now go for a run and get your gardening done, you've totally rocked these challenges!
blessings~

Kelly Booth said...

Love both of these Virginia....so perfectly done and I just adore PB hedgies....so Cute!!

dustypenny (Joy) said...

Great cards, Virginia!

Full week of giveaways on my blog: dustypenny.com.

Julie Hoffman said...

I LOVE both of these but the adorable hedgehog with the bright balloons is my favorite! Super cute!

Julie Day said...

Wonderful cards Virginia. I like the second one where it looks like the little hedgehog is worried about where that pin might end up lol :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Fantastic cards, Virginia! I especially love the PB card. So cute & sweet!

Tiffany said...

Love the red and blue on your first one and the fun, citrus-y colors on your 2nd card really brings in the warmth of Spring. Such a happy card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OK--I have to say that I cannot come to your blog without gasping and drooling and losing my socks! I LOOOOOOOOOVE these cards! LOVE them! I love the beautiful second card--love that coloring and the great embellies! And that first card--SOOOOO clever! I love your style! beautifully done:) I love love love visiting here!

Suzanne C said...

Both of these are wonderful! Love the adorable hedgie taking a ride. The way you picked up the colors in the cover and design is beautiful in your first card.

BabyBokChoy said...

Seriously how adorable is that little hedgehog? I love both cards but I will eat that thing up, however prickly he might be, lol.

Alice Wertz said...

really love how you draw the inspiration for the first card and the book style sentiment is fabulous. beautiful card. and i am in love with your PB card. so darn cute!!! such fun use of the twines, too! amazing work, Virginia!! congrats on making the Fabulous 4!!!