Friday, May 13, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #2

Due to Blogger problems, this post and CAS-ual Fridays post for the challenge #2 have been delayed. Please check the latest posts for updates. Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Friday! First I want to thank you for the wonderful support to the CAS-ual Fridays that I'm proud to be part of. The overwhelming response and comments for our first challenge really make our DT so happy. Here is our CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #2 !


Our sponsor is 
   You must check out the awesome prize for this challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.
So how fun are buttons and twines? They are the MUST-haves for card-makers these days. I kept my design super simple and used the Danami buttons in my card. I made a Scallop Square card and embossed  with one of the stamps called Earth Flowers from Hero Arts. The sentiment is from the SRM Stickers. Add the Twinery and buttons. Done!
YOU'RE THE BEST!
Please check out our uber talented DT as I know you will be inspired.
You have until 11:59 pm EST on Wednesday 
to link your project to  CAS-ual Fridays
Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Happy creating!

28 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your card is wonderfully adorned with buttons and twine. Very special.

Vicky said...

Lovely shaped cardstock and the twine is a great touch!Have I told you blue is my favorite? No wonder I love this card!

Jan said...

This is delightful xx Jan

Kathy Martin said...

This card is so cool! Love the use of bakers twine!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GET OUT! I love how you used that twine for those flowers and the button centers are perfect! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) you are so amazing--you are FABULOUS:) LOVE YOU!!!

Barb said...

Love the shape, the colors and your fabulous flowers, V! Fun challenge!

Dana said...

Virginia this was by far my favorite card this week. You are just so creative and clever.

Alice Wertz said...

love what you did with the baker's twine. lovely card, V!! hope you have a fabulous weekend, my friend! =)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super creative Virginia. Love the button flowers. I must find some time to play along this time around. :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Virginia, your card makes me smile! The coral embossing on aqua is gorgeous! I love the addition of buttons, twine rays and grass.

Michele Gross said...

I love the way your wavy twine border mimics the scallop edges :) Fun and clever card!!

Dawn said...

very cleverly done Virginia. Just lovely

Anette said...

So cute, Virginia!! I'd love to play this challenge, all I have to do is to find the time... Will try hard, though! Happy weekend!

Marie-Anne said...

What a great card.

Marie-Anne

Karen B. said...

So pretty and it makes me just happy!

Carol said...

Great card, i love the flowers !

Carol

alexandra s.m. said...

This is wonderful Virginia!

Laurie said...

I love those flowers and that wavy twine is so fun! I love the shape of your card too!!

AnitaRex said...

I really like how you did the twine on the bottom! :> Such a fun card!

Jenny said...

A fab card, just love how you've used the buttons and twine :)
Jenny x

Laura Davis said...

This is a darling card Virgina!!
Hugs
Laura

Lea L. said...

This is such a fun card! I love the fun color combo, and the embossed dandelions are great!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Another fabulous design by you, Virginia - how do you do it, time after time?! Those embossed dandelions are so fun and whimsical, and the addition of the buttons and twine are too perfect for words.

Simone said...

Aww this is so cute! Such a fun card and I love how those two colours go together! :)

Judy1223 said...

Eeek! This is SO cute!!!

Lisa V. said...

I love your creative use of floss. The wave of green and red as well as the flower petals. How clever.

Anne said...

LOVE the wavy twine and the spiky twine flower:)

Julie Day said...

Love this card Virgina! Such a great color combo and I love what you did with the twine. Congrats on your pink card featured over at the CARDS blog, too cute ;)