Friday, May 27, 2011

CAS-ual-Fridays Challenge #4

YAY! It's Friday! We had 242 entries(!!!) for last week's CAS-ual Fridays Challenge (Bring the Blings) !! UNBELIEVABLE!! We thank you so much for playing and now...let's get our CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #4 started! 
Yup, it's that time of the year!! I had made quite a few grad cards this year! How about you? I hope you get some inks and stamps out and start to play! Our Sponsor is:
I had the pleasure of choosing a set of Market Street stamps. Thank you, Market Street Stamps, for sponsoring! My choice was Follow Your Heart . It's not your typical graduation stamps....BUT that doesn't stop me there. I stamped the big bird over my old dictionary page " graduate " (click for closer image). I used the SRM Stickers for the grad hat and sentiments ("you did it" and "congrats"). And ta-da!! 
congrats!
 As you can see, you don't have to have grad stamp to make grad card...well, some grad symbols from stickers or logos can be incorporated into the grad card. Easy, huh?

Please check my DT's amazing work for more inspiration. Let me tell ya, they ROCK!! Be sure to link up your card to CAS-ual Fridays  by Wednesday June 1, midnight Eastern time.  I can't wait to check out what you create  for this challenge! Enjoy your weekend!

32 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun card, good thing I've got some fun SRM stickers for graduation :)

Julie Ranae said...

You and I chose the same set ; ) Really terrific card!

xiumaiyuki said...

I love, love this sweet and adorable card!!!

Dawn said...

too cute Virginia. Very adorable

Karen B. said...

I didn't even realize at first that your dictionary page referenced graduate-what a clever and cute idea! Love your card.

Jenny said...

This is great, love the newsprint birdie :)
Jenny x

Lin said...

LOOOOOVE this, V! Couldn't be cuter!

Cheryl Nelson said...

DArling! LOVE this!!

Barb said...

Virginia, I swear you get more clever each time you make a card! Love the idea of the dictionary definition of graduate on the bird! Such a cute card! Have a great weekend, my friend! hugs! :)

Laurie said...

Oh my goodness! that little bird is so cute! What a fun card!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww...that sweet birdie made me SMILE. Adorable design. :)

Karen said...

Oh my goodness!!! this card is too cute! I love it!

Elizabeth Allan said...

oooOOO Virginia!!! I LOVE this card. How fun is that cap on the bird!

Darla said...

LOVE how you used a dictionary page with graduate on it!! Very clever and cute card!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is darling, Virginia! I love the text bird with the cap! :)

Laura Davis said...

This is so sweet, I love the newsprint!
Hugs
Laura

sideoats + scribbles said...

Love this Virginia!!! Just adorable!!! :)

justsomestuffimade said...

Love your text idea ;)
So cute for a clever graduating birdie!
Hugs, Ruth S

I'm Renee said...

Love that smart birdie! :)
Awesome, adorable card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this birdie--I saw it over on FB and left a comment there!!!!!!!!!!! CUTE:) Great idea for a grad card:)

Andrea M said...

My goodness!I love this little bird paper pieced with text!!! How academic!!! Great grad card!

Simone said...

Sooo cute! Love that little paper pieced birdy :) Beautiful card as always! Thanks for all your gorgeous inspiration!

Alice Wertz said...

love love your text bird. so cute and perfect for this challenge! love how you have been using this stamp set! fabulous card, Virginia!

Maria said...

What a darling card with the bird and grad hat...too CUTE! Love the added hearts too!

Kendra said...

I LOVE the newsprint bird! Soo cute! Great job!

Marlena M. said...

Adorable card! ;)

Anne said...

Awesome card! I love how sweet it is!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is the tweetest thing ever, Virginia! That texty birdy is a perfect representation of a graduate! Super cute, chica!

Dana said...

Oh I just LOVED this birdie on a branch Virginia! Reminded me of Archimedes from the Sword in the Stone...you now, that wise and silly owl who wears glasses? *chuckle*
Brilliant and awesome!

lynn said...

love your text birdy, virginia:)

lexi said...

such a great idea to use the dictionary page!!

Julie Day said...

This paper pieced birdie is too ca-ute Virginia! Love the design of the this card and his cap is super sweet ;)