Sunday, May 22, 2011

Color Inspiration Challenge

5351606930 5094bf8c76 m Color Inspiration Challenge #5 Begins Today!
I'm LOVING the Papercraft Color Inspiration Challenge. I mean....look at the COLORS! Delicious! 
This color combo can be found on p. 16 of Color Inspiration of Card Makers. The Bazzill equivalents are Beetle Black, Lily White, Pink Fairy and Tangelo Blast:
{make a wish}
I combined my 3 favorite stamps for this card-- Silhouette Burst, Sillhouette Spray and an old favorite Dandeloin. I did a few trials and errors as to how exactly I want to stamp these images in the these bright pink and orange combo. First I used Color Box chalk ink for the colors. To my surprise, it was NOT bright enough. Then I tried the Distress Inks (Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade), it was alright...but not as bright and cheery as I would have liked. Finally I brushed the images with the good old stand-by Marvey Markers and yup, I like it! If you look closely on the tallest Silhouette Burst, I had fainted 2nd image with the first impression. It is very cool, huh? I applied the white SRM Sticker over the black strip and they work like magic!
make a wish (2)
Are you having a color overdose? Lastly I am sharing a picture of what I received from Two Peas in a Bucket with one stamp--embellish three ways win.
I don't have any Maya Road stamps and they look pretty cool! Can't wait to play with them.

I just hosted a grad party for my daughter Stephanie last night. We had 12 colleges kids for dinner and three stayed overnight. The house was full of yummy food and laughter! Time sure flies! It was in her second year of university that I picked up stamping again, and now look at where we are at! I cherish all the moments and I am feeling very blessed!

22 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Congrats on the win and can't wait to see what you do with these fabulous new stamps! Your card is bursting in gorgeous colors!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Gorgeous, Virginia! Love the orange and pink.

Tiffany said...

Such vibrant colors, very pretty!

Eve said...

how VIVID and pretty this card is! congrats on winning on those yummy stamps! :-)

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia love your card! Love how you used those colors with your favorite stamps! :> And look at your win from Two Peas, such great stuff! :> Wow time does fly! Must be so exciting that your daughter has graduated! Are her new plans to find a job near home? :>

Nancy said...

Love that card, Virginia! You used those wonderful colors to make an absolute stunner. Thanks for sharing your haul of new goodies, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
Kudos to you on surviving Stephanie's grad party, I'm sure everyone had a wonderful time!
have a great week!

Simone said...

Virginia this is such a gorgeous card! Love those colours together! Thanks for sharing your goodies and congrats on your PC pick-up!!! :)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! Congrats on your winning........what a BIG assortment of goodies...so happy for you. Now, LOVE your card/colors......so FUN and SUMMERY! You are inspiring me to break out my supplies and create, again. Congrats to Stephanie, too. Glad that you survived the BIG BASH! Sounds like it was a good time.
Love, Karen xo

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER beautiful--what a great use of these colors! LOVE that ric rak!! And your goodies look like fun--I need to go shopping:)

Barb said...

I adore what you did with these bright colors, Virginia! They look amazing with the black and white! Sounds like you enjoyed all the kids being there last night! Time really does go by so fast. . .Congrats again to Stephanie and hugs to you! :)

Anni said...

What a great card!
Toll, was du asu den Farben gemacht hast, sehr kreativ!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Dawn said...

beautiful colours Virginia. And glad the graduation dinner when well.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Wow! Love the bright and bold colors Virginia and those buttons!!

Cathy A said...

Glad your grad party went well, what lovely new goodies to play with, you will need a bigger room soon to keep it all in!
Love the warm richness of the colours of the flowers on your card, just perfect.

Kryssi said...

What a fun color combo! Pink + orange = divine!

Diana said...

WOW, what a cheerful card Virginia. Love your creations!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love the pink and orange! Pretty card! Congrats to Stephanie!

Lynn said...

this card is gorgeous! I love your blog header!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love your stunning card, Virginia!! Now I'm thinking, why didn't I play in that colour challenge?! Oh, and I see a BIKE in those stamps you won. ;)

Cindy C. said...

Congrats on your win Virginia!

Lindsay said...

LOVE what you did with the colors! Those flowers are so pretty!

Alice Wertz said...

this is sooooooo pretty, V!! love how you used those colors! and congrats on your win over at 2Ps!! can't wait to see what you make with the goodies!