Monday, May 2, 2011

Embellish a Stamped Image

I have been using the Hero Arts Sew Artsy set, but I have never used the sewing machine image. When I saw the challenge One Stamp Three Ways at Two Peas in a Bucket, I took this chance to make three cards from the same image. I did a similar challenge (see here), the difference with this one is to embellish the image. So here is card "You're Sew Nice". I used Cosmo Cricket paper and paper-pieced the image and added some hand-stitching. The sentiment is stamped and the XO is from SRM Stickers . I also added some stitching and pearls over the XO. 
Edited note: this card was featured in CREATE blog (see hand-stitching)
Sew what's new

 
 My 2nd card is also from the same series of paper. I embossed the image over the patterned frame and added some finishing touches with the ric rac and gems.
you did it
The third card is more of monochromatic theme. I embossed the Sewing Machine image in orange and used the white strings to embellish the image. The background is from the Sew Arts' ziz zag line form the set. I love creating my own background.
you're the best
Hope you like seeing one stamp, thee ways with different take of embellishments on the stamped/embossed image. VERY fun! Hope you try it some time with a stamp that you don't normally play with. You'll be surprised what you can make! This is what's coming up this Friday!
Are you ready?

21 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

They're all great, not sure which one I like best.

smdluxe said...

I LOOOVEEE these cards! The different embellishments on each card takes the cake.

Dawn said...

How clever Virginia. You have really out done yourself here. All the cards are wonderful.

Simone said...

These are so fun! Love what you did with the thread on each of these! They are all so wonderful!

Arlene said...

Love how you used this one stamp. Terrific!!!!!!!!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, yes, this looks like fun! Love it that you have three totally different cards here, with the same stamp! Love them!
Hugs, Wendy

Anni said...

Hi Virginia!
All three cards are just stunning! All the details are so gorgeous! I have to try the One Stamp Three ways challenge, too!
Am besten gefällt mir die dritte Karte, vielleicht wegen der Farbkombination?
Liebe Grüße, Anni

justsomestuffimade said...

Great cards - I love that stamp set too, but I never even thought of adding a thread accent to the spool on the sewing machine! Definietly one of those 'why didn't I think of that?' moments - it's just perfect!!
TFS, hugs, Ruth S

alexandra s.m. said...

Your talents are so flexible and unique!
I love these three takes Virginia, totally inspiring!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

"sew" FAB! LOVE each and every one!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Totally creative Virginia.

Cathy A said...

Three fabulous designs Virginia, the third is my favourite if that is allowed!

Kathy (krolski) said...

All 3 cards are fab! I love the pp on the first card. Very creative ideas!

Dotty Jo said...

These are just great hun!!!! Jo x

Anette H said...

wow, they are all FAB, Virginia!! I just can't decide wich one I like the best!

Judy1223 said...

So now I get to admire you THREE TIMES OVER! I mean, really, not one but THREE awesome cards using the same stamp? Totally in awe...love them all!

susanne said...

Wow Virginia, these cards are terrific! Beautiful disigns!!

Lindsay said...

These are fabulous Virginia! I love that last one for sure!

Alice Wertz said...

these are sooooooo cute, V!! love love all the details with the stamping, stitching and strings. so fun and clever! fabulous work!

Jocelyn said...

These cards are SEW fun! The floss on the spool in the first card is SEW adorable!! And I SEW love the monochromatic look in the third card (especially that it's orange--SEW awesome!).

Tiffany said...

OK!! Now these are all too cute! Love the way you've used the sewing machine in variations!