Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Father's Day Card

Today I am sharing Father's Day card with the SRM Stickers! I created this card with a bit of a heavy heart as I had lost my Dad almost a year ago. I can't believe a year has gone by already. I think of my father often and always remember how he made me smile! He shaped me and made who I am today. I'm forever grateful to my Dad.

This card was made for my Father-in-Law who is kind and gentle. I'm very blessed to have him as my FIL. He is still living 6 hours away with my MIL in the big house that my DH grew up in. Over the years we tried to persuade them to move closer to us, but they will not move an inch since they love the way it is. Well, we respect their choice.  Here's the Father's Day card.
I combined two stamps for this card-- A village for the background, one of the tree image from Creative Tree. The wooden button and raffia are the perfect embellishments for this design. I love how they look with the SRM Stickers. You can find this sticker set here. Hope this gets you in the mood to create one. There's still lot of time to make one before Father's Day! 

~IMPORTANT~
You MUST check out the SRM blog and become a follower (if you haven't) on Wednesday.....and all this week!!!  Please go to here 
Reasons:  1. You will be "inspired" (well, my card will be featured on Wednesday)!  2. There is a GREAT giveaway---just say something "incredible" (like, SRM is incredible! or.. ..Virginia is incredible !!)  3. Because you love me :) 

24 comments:

Isha said...

This is a real stunner Virginia. Really like the way you blended the sticker into the card.

Dawn said...

LOVE you Virginia... so became a follower. Your use of SRM Stickers is astonishing. Your card for your FIL is also wonderful.

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

What a fabulous father's day card - love Kraft and LOVE your design for this - that house stamped background is awesome!! Great inspiration - as always!

Deirdre said...

Gorgeous Virginia. Love what you created with SRM.

Karen B. said...

t card Virginia, love the masculine accents.

Barb said...

Your FIL is going to love this card, V! I commented on the SRM websight but am not able to follow. The whole area with the followers is blank on my screen. I will try again later, as it's probably my very old computer! Congrats on being featured! This card is so fun!

Eve said...

Beautiful card for your FIL! I bet he will appreciate it! :-)

Anni said...

Hallo Virginia!
Das ist ja mal wieder eine wunderschöne Karte! Mit WOW-Effekt! Tolles Farbkonzept!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Cheryl Nelson said...

so FABULOUS!

Kathy (krolski) said...

I love the subtle background with the tree and the stickers! Wonderful card! Your FIL will love it!

ivy said...

father's day is hard at our house....hubby's dad passed away when i was pregnant with bryan. DH was very close to his dad.
your FIL will love this classy card! off to check out SRM blog!

Cathy A said...

Great fathers day card, even if you have mixed feelings I am sure your father in law will appreciate it. I really like the paper ribbon effect.

CinnamonSally said...

This is such a great card Virginia, I love your design!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia you do wonderful things with SRM stickers. This card is another example of your creative talent.

Tiffany said...

I love that tree stamp you used and how you paired it with the village image! Such a sweet touch to this card! I know you dad is looking down on you and your family, and always wishing you the best!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a beautiful and sweet Father's Day card. Love the wooden button and raffia. So sweet how your Father touched your life. :)

Patrice said...

So sorry about your dad...the card is lovely!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this V...Perfect FD Card...the colors and elements are just right!!

yyam said...

Love how you've showcased the SRM stickers with the stamping and the sutble tones Virginia! :)

P/s: I feel the same way about my grandpa.

Simone said...

This is such a beautiful card Virginia. So warm and pretty. Your FIL will love this :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY, Virginia--I love the monochromatic color scheme! LOOOOOOOOOOVE the city background--the ribbon treatment--you just are sooooooooooooo amazing! TOO creative!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU:)

Jocelyn said...

Awww, what a sweet card for you FIL! I love how delicate the colors are.

Brenda said...

Beautiful design Virginia! Love how you combined these stamps together!

Alice Wertz said...

love the subtle village on the background. super card, Virginia!