Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to you and all. I took up the National Scrapbooking Day's challenge at Hero Arts (see here) this weekend.
I took a look at the stash of photos, this is the page I came up with.
happiness is .....
With three stamps (Scallop circles, Musical Walk and Music Background) and Cosmo Cricket Paper and SRM Stickers, this was made in an hour and half...I struggled a bit initially. Scrapbooking still does not come easily to me!
happiness is .....
I hope you are enjoying special time with your family today and every day! My kids did a great deed for me this weekend. It's something that I have been dreading for years-garage sale! Stephanie and David were brave to tackle our basement and their rooms and decided that it's time to say good bye to their belongings that they no longer need/use. It's definitely a bittersweet feeling for all of us.

Here's an amazing fake cover that they made for me a few years ago....it was so special then and it is STILL special to me!
They were so sad to part with their beloved toys, books, bikes, unused presents, but it just came down to the fact that they have outgrown all these things. Sad but true. We did get rid of three bikes and Little Tikes Beauty Salon (sold it for $5--ouch)! At the end of the sale, they were reminded how blessed that they got to have brand new things when they were growing up. Here's the photo of them---both of them crashed after the garage sale! Isn't this hilarious?
David managed to retrieve a few books as they are too precious to part with him!!

Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! I'm counting my blessings....

22 comments:

Nancy said...

Virginia, you did a fabulous job with the sketch! Your photo is really special and you've done an excellent job creating an equally special page for it! I really love how you used the sticker sentiments!
happy mom's day!

donna mikasa said...

You are Wonder Woman, Virginia! Great take on the layout sketch--you can do it all! A very Happy Mother's Day to you! Hugs!!

Dawn said...

LOL - loved the kids on the couch! It really is good to get rid of all that excess stuff... Your LO is wonderful Virginia. I've printed out the sketch and it's sitting on the desk.... hoping to get motivated to make a card.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Such a beautiful post!!!! LOVE the layout, your super cute kids on the couch and the photos of you with them.....

Life is wonderful!!!
Happy Mother's Day!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Happy Mother's Day to the Mother of the Year!!!! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Virginia I looooove your sweet layout, GREAT use of the sketch!! YAY!! And that Time cover is fantastic, LOL!!! What a nice gift to you to do the garage sale, wow. Happy Mother's Day!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a fun page of the kiddos. Love that magazine cover. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Diana said...

Lovely post Virginia!

Eve said...

I didn't know that TIME magazine was "not real" til i read your post! Well done! :-) Luv your scrap page, taking on that sketch challenge. Hope your day will be "pampered" by your children!! :-) Have a great mother's day!:-)

Trinh said...

Happy Mother's day, Virginia! Your LO is so special and your kids are wonderful. Hope your day is as special as you are!

Tiffany said...

Such a great take on the LO sketch! Beautiful photo of the kids! Wishing you a lovely Mom's day, hope you are spoiled in special little ways!

Cathy A said...

Wow Virginia, great scrapbook page and it only took an hour!
Doesn't David and Stephanie look adorable crashed out on the sofa together!
Happy Mothers day to you too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! This LO is super fabulous--love the colors--and the stickers! Plus the ric rak...and the papers! LOE LOVE LOVE!

I loooooove that TIME magazine cover--LOVE that you are the Mother of the Year--I think you should be on the front for Mother, Crafter, and Cook (Baker)!! You are SUPER AMAZING and WORLD Famous!!

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Happy Mother's Day, Virginia! Your layout is fabulous and I love your TIME magazine cover...how did I miss that one? :)
I hope you had a fabulous day with your kids! :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Awesome layout!! Embellished to perfection :) Love the story of your kids, too!

Isha said...

Happy Mothers day to you too Virginia!!Lovely take on the sketch. You are amazing...no wonder your kids could create this Time cover...
Hugs

Cheryl Nelson said...

LOVE the lo and photos!! They ALL just make me smile! Hope your Mother's day was extra fantabulous!!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WOW!!! What a great take on that sketch! Love the papers and stamps you've used for your design - so perfect!

AnitaRex said...

Love your layout Virginia! I like how you used the scallop circles! So great of your kids to be responsible to clean up and get rid of things that they have outgrown! I really should have a garage sale this year also! But I don't know if I am ready to part with baby stuff!

Emily Leiphart said...

Awwww, what a sweet post, Virginia! I love your layout (so many awesome HA elements in there) and that Time magazine cover. LOL Cute photo of David and Stephanie crashing on the couch!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, I love your LO! You did a great job with the sketch! Love the photo of D & S too. Your children are blessed to have such a GREAT Mom!!

Alice Wertz said...

you have such sweet kids and lovely family, V!!! so fun to see the photos and that layout is so cute! a lot of the times it's the sentimental value that we treasure. so totally understand why it was difficult to get rid of some of them. hope you had a fun and sweet Mother's Day! =)