Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Here!!! CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #1

Are you ready for some seriously fun CAS card-making?!  I'm super excited about this new challenge! There are tons of challenges out there, but CLEAN and SIMPLE? Not so much! I'm thrilled to be the 1st installment of the "Girl Fridays"! So...without further ado, I present to you:
 Isn't this a creative challenge or what? Our sponsor is: Crop Stop. 

 
The winner will get a super swanky badge for their blog and bragging rights for being our first ever challenge winner!

AND there will be an awesome PRIZE from Crop Stop !! Here are a few rules
 
These days we often see text in card designs- text on images, background, embellishments and borders and let's not forget the sentiment! So your card can be anything with letters/text/writing!! The sky is the limit! Here's my take on the challenge.
Love to you
I started with making the prints in assorted colors with Friend Definition and then I punched them out with CB and a Marvey circle punch. Apply the SRM Stickers and voila! Please link up your card (with the theme Text) to CAS-ual Fridays.

For more inspiration and prize/details, please check my uber talented DT's work!
Julie Ranae
Michele Gross
Karen Baker
Julie Day
Laura Davis
Karolyn Loncon
Virginia Lu (me)
Jax Miller
Kryssi Ng
Dana Seymour
Laurie Willison

Submission deadline is Wednesday, 11:59 pm EST to be eligible for 
T.G.I.F. Club and V.I.P Honors.  Please disable the word verification for your blog  so it will be easy for our DT/visitors to comment.
 
 We'd LOVE to see what you come up with and can't wait to stop by your blog/flickr group to check out your creation!  
Now, get ready, get set....STAMP!

36 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

You made it to this day! So happy to have you along on the journey with us and this card is sure to inspire!!

Michele Gross said...

Such a playfully fab card!! Love it :) Really happy to have you with us! hugs!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Way to rock that text, Virginia! Your colors and layout are the perfect combo for this challenge - love it!! So looking forward to working with you on this super fun team, and to getting to know you better!!

Dawn said...

Well done on an amazing text card Virginia... i'm off to visit the rest of the DT team.

Anni said...

I´m very excited about this challenge! Love your card.
Liebe Grüße, Anika

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Stunning card - really love it.

Suzanne C said...

Congrats on your first project or your new DT! Beautiful card!

joy said...

Really love this card, Virginia! I hope to be able to play - will be busy for the next three days, but will try to get my mojo on the first of the week. The DT came up with some amazing cards!

Barb said...

Virginia, I love this delightful card! The playful way you used the text is wonderful! I'm hoping to find some time after Mother's Day to play along. . .love text on cards! Hugs to you! :)

Lindsay said...

So fun Virginia! Love the pops of text and the rick-rack is the perfect touch!

Judy1223 said...

Virginia, congratulations on being part of something cool right from the very beginning. You are a perfect choice! I LOVE your card ... I immediately thought of that Hero Arts friendship definition stamp when I read the challenge, then I saw that you used it in your card. (Great minds think alike, right?!) Anyway, thanks for the great inspiration and all your lovely comments, too!

Cheryl Nelson said...

darling card!

Karen B. said...

Such super sweet colors and elements, like the ric rac! So happy to be on this journey with you Virginia, I think it is going to be so much fun!

Laura Davis said...

This card is so sweet!
I'm Super excited to be working with such talent!!
Hugs
Laura

Kathy (krolski) said...

Awesome card!! Congrats!! Hope I get to play along!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such a fun design! Fab card!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this V....I wanted to play this week but will have to wait a few til we get back....LOVE your card!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable. Love how you used the stickers as text. :)

Arlene said...

Great card - crisp and clean.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your card is super cute, Virginia! I will have to try to come up with something for this one! :)

CinnamonSally said...

Great card Virginia, I am having trouble seeing your other photos just a red cross but I will visit the other blogs.

MarcyK924 said...

Adorable card Virginia!! CAS with a theme - now this is a challenge for me! I'm REALLY challenged! Hope you have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day, honey!! xoxo

AnitaRex said...

Love your card Virginia and what a fabulous challenge!!!

Cathy A said...

Lovely card Virginia, hopped on over to casual Friday's lots of great inspiration.

Jan said...

Fab card xx Jan

Julie Day said...

Love your card Virginia...and I've been looking at it for a while thinking hey, with a color combo change this would make a fab christmas card ;) (might just have to CASE this idea ) Lovin' those text circles :)

Alice Wertz said...

love love your colorful text background. this is so sweet and fun, Virginia!! super card! hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! =)

Sharon D from Canada said...

Cute CAS card, Virginia!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun card!!!!

Brenda said...

This sou ds like a Fu. Challenge! I am so thrilled that you are such a huge part of it! Great card and inspiration!

Jocelyn said...

How exciting! I love how you put sentiments over the text--it looks so cool!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOO fun, Virginia!! HOOOOORAY for being on this team:) Your text is so beautiful in so many colors--and I LOVE that ric rak!! BEAUTIFUL:)

Eve said...

oh how cute! Luv those colors too :-)

I'm Renee said...

This is such an adorable card...
love, love, love!!

Anne said...

Your card caught my eye on the CAS-ual Friday challenge right away! I love your circles, rickrack and text! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I plan to keep playing along with you all:)

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the text circles and the ric rac! Congrats on being on the DT!