Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May Flower Cards

Are you loving Spring like I do? It's finally here! I'm loving the Spring weather with lots of sunshine...and I even ventured out to jog the other day! (Note to myself-must do that more often!!). So ...I'm also more in the mood to make cards with flowers! Here are my latest cards with the two new stamp set that I bought from Scrapfest in April. I'm making the last-minute entries for Hero Arts May challenge ( details here)

 I love the distressed edges (that Vintage Photo distress ink is amazing) against the Aqua Blue. I love to combine embossing and stamping AND SRM Stickers (of course!).
you're special
Here's is the 2nd card. This time I used my good old trusty Marvey Markers for coloring the images. All I used is one image from this set.
 I used the carnation image and turned the images into a little bouquet.
XOXO
Hope you are able to get out there and enjoy the fine May weather. Do come right back here tomorrow for our CAS-ual Fridays #2!  You  don't want to miss that!
Edited note: If you like cards with flowers and learn great stamping techniques, check out this blog from Elizabeth. You'll be inspired.

8 comments:

Kelly Booth said...

Love both cards V....especially the last one!! so pretty and the colors you used are just perfect!

Lin said...

Love them both! Thanks for reminding me to pull out these pretty flower sets and play again.....

Kathy Martin said...

Well...we do have similar post titles today! And beauitufl floral cards to show off! Love all your stamping! :)

Alice Wertz said...

such beautiful stamping! love the colors you used on both! gorgeous cards, Virginia!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love both cards-but that first one! OH OH OH! I love love love the colors and the distressing--and the embossing...LOVE IT ALL:) You my friend are SUPER AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Both of these cards are stunning! I LOVE the way you colour, Virginia. You are very inspiring!!

Lindsay said...

Totally gorgeous cards Virginia! I looove the color combos you chose for both of them!

AnitaRex said...

The blue card is absolutely stunning I love how you used the vintage photo on the blue, and love the bouquet of your second card. Have you changed your layout? Now it just shows one post per page!