Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More Tissue Paper!

After my last post about tissue paper (see Kate's Wedding Dress), here's another take on tissue paper for the Moxie Fab World's Tissue Paper Magic Challenge.
SMILE
I stamped Real Flowers several times over tissue paper. These tissue paper have some shiny dots on them ( thanks, Alexandra, for this tissue paper! ). It's really is a simple card. The only tedious part is cutting out the flowers from tissue paper. I added a few drops of Glossy Accent for the red flower center. The stem and grass part were cut from the bright green tissue paper that I have on hand.


close up
 The sentiments are  from SRM Sticker We've Got You Sticker-Hello. I used Japanese Washi tape for the bottom part of the card and then applied "hello sunshine" sticker over it. It was FUN to make this card!

And lastly, here's the NEW CAS-ual Fridays that is coming on your way! I so love the theme....and the prize....sounds tempting, huh?
Can't wait!

23 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow... I'm a bit intimidated by tissue paper, but you make it look easy.

Emily Leiphart said...

Your tissue paper flowers are gorgeous, Virginia! I LOVE the bright colours you used. This card makes me so happy!

Jenny said...

so pretty V! love it!! :) :) :) :) gorgeous colors!

Barb said...

I know I'll be lifting this idea, Virginia! Love the results of the flowers stamped on the tissue paper! Pretty card!

Dawn said...

very pretty Virginia. I had a similar idea so will see how it pans out. I love how you made these flowers.

Lindsay said...

This is sooo fun Virginia! Love those flowers, so bright and cheery!

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

Cheryl Nelson said...

so FAB!

Lin said...

Great take on the challenge, Virginia, and I can't wait until Friday!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your tissue paper elements are beautiful. Very nice "fussy" cutting!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wow...this is so crafty clever Virginia. It turned out beautifully. :)

susanne said...

These tissue paper flowers are so pretty Virginia! I love the two tone colours!

Dana said...

So clever Virginia! I like the grassy bottom too and the sentiment in the dirt!

Cathy A said...

Lovely tissue paper project Virginia

Karen B. said...

This is an utterly awesome and fun card Virginia! Love the layering in all elements. I just returned from vacation and don't have time to comment on all your fabulous cards below (sorry!) but wow to those as well!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous tissue flowers Virginia, simply gorgeous!!

Alice Wertz said...

love your layered tissue flowers! also love the fluffiness the tissue paper gives. lovely card, Virginia!

Kryssi said...

how pretty and fabulous is this!

BabyBokChoy said...

What an ingenious card, brilliantly executed!! Awesome!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Excellent my Friend :-)

Tiffany said...

This is so fun and colorful, Virginia!! Makes me want to pick some pretty flowers and put them in a vase!

Jocelyn said...

Gasp! Gorgeous card--so bright and detailed and interesting! I love the textures and the colors. That washi tape is pretty fab--great idea!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks again for linking up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)