Monday, May 9, 2011

One Layer Wednesday #52

Sharing a card that I made for OLW 52 Round and Round Challenge. I must confess that I do not use this Hero Arts Circular Designs enough. Like most avid stampers, we simply have too many images to choose from and that the stamps are not reaching their full potential (OK...do I sound like a parent complaining  about a lazy kid not applying the skills at school? LOL) . Do you feel that way? Yet, we have this "need" to get the newly released stamps. I'm glad that this challenge makes me to look at this set with brand new eyes. I realize that I should use my old stash more often! Well, this thought will last till I see some new stamps....not sure how long that will be.


  Like Susan ( Simplicity), I am all for  white space, clear message, clean edges, pretty colors, not an embellishment or layer in sight. So I hope this card makes the grade. The sentiment is from SRM Stickers Faith.
faith
Sometimes I wonder what my life's journey is about ( Yes, I'm aging and have just become more reflective).  I would get anxious about some seemingly trivial decisions and I also find it very hard to face life's disappointment and setbacks. Like all parents, I worry about my children's future, from dinner to where their future plan is heading....things that are simply not under my/our control. I need to remind myself to have FAITH in Him. Hope you have faith in whatever you do and trust that God has a plan for all of us-whether big or small. Thanks so much for dropping by!

14 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful word. Love the circle design. :)

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is perfect . . . design and spacing so light. Love it.

Elizabeth Allan said...

I too like my white space Virginia. I think your faith is in just the right spot!!!

Jenny said...

Great example of a Clean and Simple design, perfect :)
Jenny x

alexandra s.m. said...

WOW! Simply perfect Virginia!
I should revisit these "old" stamps!!

Jill said...

So lovely! Great card, my friend!

Simone said...

This is so beautiful Virginia! I always love your CAS cards! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is the perfect design, Virginia! I love the colours and of course you make me want to get that set, too!

Brenda said...

I love how you used this older set Virginia! I also went through a phase about a month or so ago and revived this set and had such fun with it! Yes, as when "matures", (fancy word for ageing as Fancy Nancy would say), we start to ponder as to whether we have done the best that we could have done, for ourselves, our loved ones and the world in general - that pondering alone is a good sign!

Dawn said...

Fantastic card Virginia. Such a great CAS card.

Kathy (krolski) said...

I know what you mean. I have older stamps that I have to remind myself to use or they just sit there.
Great ending to your post, Virginia. You are so right! Gotta have faith!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I looooove this OLC!! I cannot do it--but you inspire me to try!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

As for older stamps I forget about....I think I have at least three brown paper bags full of stamps that I don't use! LOL! Maybe one day I will use them:)

Julie Day said...

I love this CAS card Virginia and that sentiment says it all :)

Debstamps said...

White space and Faith...feeling Buddhist right now! Love this card Virginia! Now I'm off to "Just Start" my own blog finally!!! Thanks for all your inspiration!