Saturday, June 25, 2011

Attempt at Gallery Idol

Starting June 6, Paper Crafts is holding Open Auditions for Season Five. The theme for the Open Auditions round will be congrats cards. You may upload multiple congrats-themed cards. Since this year is open to International card-makers, I had to give it a try! Whether I make it to top 20 or not, I think it will be fun just to be part of the ride. I made 4 cards of congratulations. Somehow I ended up using Hero Arts Village stamp and International Skyline for this challenge. I guess it's because I like how Paper Craft is thinking globally!! The world needs more card-makers!
Card #1. The village background was stamped with Making Memories acrylic paint. I think this card will be perfect for a new home owner! 
congrats!
Card #2. I embossed the International Skyline with white and then masked  and distressed the background with layers and layers of colors. The "firework" is from this  Small Solid Flower stamp. I only colored the center of the flower to simulate the firework.
{congratulations}
Card #3. After making the 2nd one, I came up with a similar design. I plan give this card to my DD Stephanie's friend Kruti. She is going to Bonn, Germany for her very first job after living all her life in Canada!  Bravo, Kruti!
congratulations to you
Card #4. I stamped A LOT of images from Small Solid Flower . sometimes the space between the images were off, sometimes the colors were not quite right, and then there are some smeared ones! I finally got what I wanted...
congratulations to you
The deadline is July 4th. So are you going to give it a try? You have to be in it to win it. Now... give yourself a go!

Lastly, I want to thank you all for supporting the Stamp Your Hero HeARTS Out challenge. I was wowed by the submissions  and enthusiasm! Please check the top blog post for the winner announcement! Congrats, winners! 

34 comments:

Jessica said...

Good for you Virginia....and GOOD LUCK!!!
:o)
Jessica

Ujjwal said...

These cards are fantastic! Good Luck!

donna mikasa said...

Wonderful, wonderful cards! YOU are my idol! Lots of luck with the competition, although you really don't need it--you rock, Virginia!

Alice Wertz said...

really like the firework in the second card, sooooo very clever and love the beautiful summery colors on the last card. fabulous work as always, Virginia! again, good luck with the contest! hope you have a beautiful weekend! =)

Tejal said...

Wishing you loads and loads of luck..these are beautiful...crossing my fingers for you!!
The easy part of a challenge is for me, making the card..the hardest part is with you..choosing the best out of them...ask me how I know..I am an admin to an Indian forum of crafters and we have challenges...at times I nearly pull my hair out deciding..so yup..you need more luck in choosing the winners! :)

Brenda said...

These are beautiful congrats cards Virginia! Best of luck with this challenge! I totally adore the little house and heart on your first card!

Dawn said...

all of these are wonderful Virginia. Wishing you good luck in your try. I agree with you, even if you don't make the top 20, the ride is fun.

Kary said...

Wow, you've done well with the Congratulations card. They are all so pretty. My fave is the last one because I love the colours and the flowers are so gorgeous. Good luck, Virginia, with the challenge!!

Donna B. said...

These cards are great Virginia!! Good luck!!

Karen B. said...

So happy to see you've entered! These cards are just fabulous and good luck to you!

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous set of cards. Good luck with the auditions, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'l make the top 20.

Marie-Anne

MakingCardsIsFun! said...

I LOVE all the cards! :)

diana said...

Good luck! Love your cards and your enthusiasm. ;-)

Lynn said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Your entries are amazing Virginia. Really hard to pick a favorite out of the four because they are all amazing. That said, I think the third one is my favorite...I love the inking! You are definitely in it to win it!

Cheryl Nelson said...

WOWZERS Virginia! I'm in LOVE with ALL of these!!! Good Luck!!!!

Barb said...

So glad you're giving this a try, V! You have such talent and creativity! Love every one of these cards! Good luck to you, my friend and big hugs! :)

Lindsey said...

These are fantastic cards! The acrylic paint background looks really good. I love the two fireworks/skyline cards. And the colours on your fourth card totally pop! Good luck with your entries!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Oh good luck, I think all your entries are winners!

lisa a.

patscrap91 said...

Good luck Virginia ! Your cards are all fantastic.
My favorite are the 3rd and the 4th.

alexandra s.m. said...

Bonne chance Virginia!!!
Your cards are outstanding and ALWAYS a source of inspiration!

Go Girl! Go!!!

xox

BabyBokChoy said...

Good luck to you, these cards are absolutely stunning!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, Virginia, these are all soooo gorgeous!! I love the colors that you used and the skyline in the first is just wauwie!!! love that one, it's my fave here, with the cute house standing out and the black envelope background, so pretty!!
Hugs, Wendy

Tanya Tahir said...

Virgina, your cards are THE BEST! Good luck!! You have inspired me to maybe (just maybe) give it a go myself. The daunting part for me is that only 20 will make it past first round....that is putting me off a little as I don't think that I would have even a miniscule chance! But hey, like you said, you gotta be in it to win it! ;)

Arlene said...

Love all your Congratulations cards! Each a work of art!

Kathy (krolski) said...

All of these cards are fantastic! I especially love the 2nd and 3rd cards. Good luck Virginia!

Simone said...

These are all fantastic cards Virginia! Love all those bright colours! Good luck! :)

Dotty Jo said...

A gorgeous selection of cards Virginia! Good luck, Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

woow great Photo and great card Virginia....love much the second card..how are u...I am soo busy with my school...see my blog is empty :) miss you Virgina..big hugs...

Elizabeth Allan said...

Go Virginia Go!! Wishing you the best of luck! Your cards are magnificent.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

You've been super busy while I've been on vacation. Love your fab cards. Best of luck to ya. :)

Stephanie said...

All of these cards are gorgeous! I love all of the colors... they are perfect!!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are fabulous, Virginia! My favourite is the top one but you know I love both the Village and the International Skyline. ;) I'm so happy that you decided to enter Gallery Idol 2011!

Eve said...

how luvly!! luv them all!! My fav. IF you ask me... the 2nd one (cuz i luv that stamp too! ;-), no, it's cuz of the background colors), and the last one! Luv the cheerful look on congratulation cards! Good luck! ps. I thought of making a card but as usual, time ran out on me..lol

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH OH OH! You are going to def. going to win! THESE are amazing--LOVE LOVE LOVE each one--so different! I do have to say that the first one is my absolute FAV FAV FAV:) LOVE YOU!