Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cards with Paper Weaving

I was prompted by the CREATE Blog challenge (see here ) to create a card with paper weaving. I must admit that I have never done paper-weaving before, and now I'm all the more eager to try! Before I did all that, I searched Pinterest to get inspired!! Have you tried that? You will be glad when you do!
Here's my first card. I used the scraps from Martha Stewart's paper pad. On top of the paper pad, there are little strips where you tear off the page. These are perfect to use since the paper strips are uniform in size. I also utilize the CB embossing folder and incorporate it into the design. The folder has an owl, but here I cover the owl with the paper-weaved squares. Stamped the little flowers, apply SRM Sticker "you're the BEST" --voila!
you're the BEST!
For the 2nd card, I have this paper punch and I used the two identical pieces and created this funky pattern. I decided to add the bike image.
Way to Go!
 My third card is an American quilt inspired card, so I used the image from this Speckled Ornaments .
faith hope love
Lastly I'm sharing a card that I made for Simply Scrapping Crafts  for guest design  assignment. The theme is to create card without any sentiment
you are my type of friend
I used the heart image and let it do the "talking"...I hope you have enjoyed looking at these cards. Please check out the Stamp Your HeARTS Out Challenge ( see here) . All you need to do is make a card and share how you were inspired. Then you have a chance to be one of the 3 lucky winners for the Hero Arts stamp giveaway. Be sure to enter before June 25!! Lastly here's my congrats  card for Gallery Idol 2011 if interested. I am trying it out just for the fun of it.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

21 comments:

Alice Wertz said...

wow! you are an inspiration, girl! love love your paper weaving projects. so very beautiful and fun! good luck with the Gallery Idol entry, too! =)

AnitaRex said...

Hi Virginia love all your cards today! Paper weaving is an interesting challenge and boy did you ever conquer it! Good for you trying gallery idol too may as well right?

Barb said...

I love your ideas! They're always so fun! It's really cool how different each card looks with the paper weaving and I love your card for SSC! Sending hugs! :)

Simone said...

Virginia these are all gorgeous! You have some awesome talent! Love all of your ideas :)

Dawn said...

What great cards Virginia. I really liked the one you did for my challenge over at SSC. I might have to give the paper weaving a go.

Karen B. said...

Absolutely fabulous array of cards! I love them all, especially the last.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Wowzers Virginia!!! These are ALL so FAB!!! LOVE coming here and being inspired!

Lin said...

LOVE all the paper-weaving cards you made for us today, V! You were inspired!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE the paper weaving V...Your cards are all so inspiring!! Good luck with GI....Big Hugs!

BabyBokChoy said...

I am loving the fact that your blog's commenting is now a pop out, which means I can actually comment ON time when I see it at work too!!!!

Love your paper weaving, very creative ideas you have there!

Eve said...

Great cards, and matching with paper weaving! You've been busy, Virginia! :-)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia you just ooze with talent. Can't pick a favorite when they are all spectacular!

Marie-Anne said...

What a gorgeous set of card.

Marie-Anne

Kathy (krolski) said...

Your paper weaving is GREAT! Congrats on being featured on the CREATE blog again. You're a star! :) Love your "no message" card too. The hearts are so adorable!

Isha said...

All your cards are so creative and lovely Virginia. Love the paper weaving and the Typewriter card. Thanks for your sweet comments too:)) You ROCK!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are really fabulous! Love your paper weaving and choice of colors!

Donna B. said...

Super cute cards!! I especially love the originality of the bicycle one - awesome!!

Kary said...

How sweet!! Love the paper weaving cards! The bicycle card is fun ;)

Chris and Paige Evans said...

LOVE your woven cards Virgina! You did a great job with your first time weaving!

Tiffany said...

I'm not a huge paper weaver, but, boy, have these cards inspired me, Virginia! Love all the work that went into this!

Arlene said...

You did such a fantastic job weaving and integrating those pieces into wonderful cards!!!!!!!!!!!