Friday, June 24, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #8

Hello Friday! Are you having fun with summer yet? If you feel a little edgy and would like a challenge, this is for YOU! Our Cas-ual Fridays theme is "Getting Edgy"!
So the challenge is to create a fun edge to a panel on your card itself by using border dies/punches or tearing. Is that FUN or what? 
Our sponsor is Market Street Stamps
I used this Follow Your Heart   (sweet set, isn't it?) and came up with using two scalloped circles' edges.  The birdies were embossed in white. Love how bright they look over the pink Cosmo Cricket paper.
my heart goes out to you

I added the raffia at the bottom of the pink card stock, then I applied the fabulous SRM Stickers (my heart goes out to you). The sentiment sticker works even better than stamping here. It secures the raffia and does not get distorted or smeared! LOVE that about these amazing stickers :)

For more inspiration, please visit CAS-ual Fridays. You will NOT be disappointed. Please link up your project here by June 29 Wednesday, midnight Eastern Time. I'd love the see the edgier side of you!!

26 comments:

Angelica Suarez said...

I love how the white birds pop off the pink cardstock, Virginia! The raffia addition with stickers is so smart, I was wondering if you had stamped that just completely perfectly until I scrolled down and read some more. ;) You girls did fantastic with our stamps this week, thank you for the wonderful inspiration! - Angelica

Dawn said...

super cute Virginia. Great inspiration

Lynn said...

Oh...I haven't used raffia in ages...what a great idea!

Karen B. said...

I'm with Lynn, I think I might have to pull out some raffia now! Love how those birdies pop off the pink page!

Barb said...

LOVE the sentiment sticker on the raffia, Virginia! Such a sweet card! Hoping to play along again this time! Hugs! :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

This could not be cuter!! LOVE it in EVERY way!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute! I like the sentiment with the hearts at the bottom.

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card! The birds are super cute.

Marie-Anne

BabyBokChoy said...

Such a sweet card, love your half scallops!!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!! tfs!!

justsomestuffimade said...

Those sweet birdies are perfect, and I love how you perched them on a raffia border!
Rx

Chris Millar said...

Hi V! What a simply gorgeous card you've done! Love the bright pink! Thanks for dropping by my blog too!

Donna B. said...

Love the white birds on the bright pink!! Very cute card!!!

Lindsey said...

It's hard to believe that the sentiment is a sticker! Wow. Lovely card!

Karen from MI said...

ADORABLE CARD, Virginia! Love your choice of such a VIBRANT PINK!!! This card really makes a BOLD STATEMENT! :) Love, Karen xox

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love the border framing the birds. lovely card, V!

Brenda said...

Very sweet image Virginia! Love the idea of the rafia!

Kary said...

Such a sweet card!! Love the sticker holding the raffia together. Cool idea!

I'm Renee said...

Super cute card...
love it!
And that raffia and stickers...
adorably genius!!

Marlena M. said...

Sweet card and images! ;)

Laura Davis said...

Super cute Virginia!
Hugs
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Great take on the challenge, Virginia! Love the sweet colors and those adorable images!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOWZA....so super adorable and sweet. This one made me smile. :)

turquesadot said...

Hi Virginia, I just became a follower to your blog...loved playing along on CFC #8, it was my second one and I am truly having fun with the challenges and getting to see all of your inspirations...Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving your sweet and encouraging comments. Loved the raffia idea! Have a great week, Evy

Becky said...

I love the scalloped circles! So pretty!

Julie Day said...

Awww this is so cute! Love those stamped birdies, great card :)