Monday, June 27, 2011

Did you know....

....what my neighborhood is like? Today I'm sharing some photos of my kids in my neighborhood--something mundane and special in its own way. I am so happy and thankful to be living where I am. I have been living in this city called Waterloo in Ontario (Canada) since Dr. John and I got married. This summer we'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary. We have a VERY special trip booked for this milestone. More on the trip in another future feature "Did you know...". 
Here are some photos of the city scene.  ( photos credits: my DD Stephanie).
Swans in the city park... (This was taken a while ago since he was much smaller)
Two weeks I took photos of David and his friend Laura in the nearby duck pond
 Kids playing in the nearby woods 
 Lastly, I have added a minor feature for Monday's "Did you know...". That is:
 I would ask my DH Dr. John a question (it can be anything) and he will answer it in his own unique way 

Virginia: " What is the stupidest,  most useless craft item that you know of ?"
(Note: he actually knows a lot about crafty things--thanks to my addiction ever-expanding collection)
Dr. John: " Those paper punches that punch out squares! Squares and JUST squares. I don't think they come in rectangles, do they? And what if you need rectangles? "

Thankfully I don't own a square punch otherwise he would expect me to measure and cut (LOL)!! Have a great week everyone!

18 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Such a great post! I really enjoyed seeing all the photos of Waterloo! :> And Dr John really made me laugh! HA! I think square punches are so silly it's so easy to cut a square yourself, cutting a circle is not and that makes sense to me!

Dotty Jo said...

Great post Virginia! Jo x

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

(-:

Dawn said...

great post Virginia. Your city looks lovely. wish I could visit.

Rachel W K said...

Hey Virginia, I'm a new follower to your blog but been following around the hero arts flickr group for a while. Your neighborhood looks so cute and I love Dr. John's answer to your question... he does make a very good point!

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lin said...

Thanks for showing us your town, V! Looks like a lovely place to bring up a family! And about those square punches.......ask Dr. John to cut out 12 squares exactly 1 1/4" on a side to fit together to make a little quilt, and let's see how HE does :))))

Jaclyn Miller said...

Ok, I'm so laughing at the ask Dr. John thing. You are hilarious! Good luck on gallery idol this year, it looks like you've got some great entries. :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

What a FAB post! LOVE your lovely pics and lovin' Dr. John's reply! So fun!!!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Virginia,

How I have enjoyed this post of yours!
First, it's great to see your 'hood
2nd, Dr. J's humor is cracking me up!!!
Please make this a regular rendez-vous!!!

Have a great Monday, here it's rainy Monday ;-(

Barb said...

I love when you do these posts, Virginia! Your town looks like it was the perfect place to raise your kids! Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos! :)

BabyBokChoy said...

Dr. J, while it is true that a square is just a special rectangle, you still need to buy rectangle punches and square punches. In fact, we will need countably infinite rectangle punches to punch out all the sizes we need... please invent one for us :) lol

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Love the pictures. I've always wanted to visit Canada. :)

Cathy A said...

Great to see your pictures of your area, it looks so lovely.

You have made me chuckle with Dr John's feature....

Lindsey said...

Great pics of Waterloo! I totally understand Dr. John's thinking, and yet I own two square punches! :P

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, that's hilarious about the square punch. I've always wondered myself but I find the one I have very handy. Plus the corners are every so minisculely rounded and I like that. ;) Great pics of Waterloo! My sister went to U of W but I never went to visit her while she was there.

Isha said...

Love your post Virginia. Hilarious conversation regarding the square punch...lol.

Eve said...

thanks virginia, for sharing the beautiful photos of the town you live, for many years. It looks peaceful & beautiful!

Alice Wertz said...

thanks for taking us on a bit of a tour at your city, V!! truly hope one day i can visit it and you!! =) love reading it and the photos are beautiful. LOL! that would be my DH, too. "it's just a square. why don't you just measure and cut it?" oy.. i am too lazy and that's why i do have square dies.... =)