Saturday, June 18, 2011

Etsy Inspired Challenge #141

Hello! Welcome to Etsy Inspired Challenge!  It is sad that this shall be the LAST Etsy Inspired Challenge. As it was getting tough to get sponsors and shops week after week, Ashely and De decided to end the challenge. They both have been awesome in running this challenge blog. I wish you both and all DT the best and I'm sure I will "see you around" in blog land. I'd like to thank Ashley and De for such an amazing opportunity to be part of this team.

So here goes the last Etsy Inspired challenge!
Our Shop is Homes and Weddings.  
The Winner Prize is Copper Business Card Holder 
Sponsor: Winner prize - "Mystery Grab Bag from our past Sponsors"
Here is the item from Homes and Weddings that inspired me.
I was inspired by the die cut and wire and I turn that into Father's Day card. My DH Dr. John loves music, reading, biking and traveling, so I that's how I came up with the ideas of the background.The sentiment are all from SRM Stickers . All stamps are from Hero Arts.
You're the BEST
Please check out the Etsy Inspired DT's work for more inspiration.
( June guest design) Alex
Virginia (you are here)
Please link your project to Etsy inspired Challenge here. There's still chance to enter Stamp Your Hero HeART Out Challenge (see details under the blog banners). I hope you get inspired and perhaps win yourself some NEW Hero Arts Stamps. Good luck! 

15 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh yes, perfect father's day card, love the frame and the sticker has a frame too, beautiful work!

Jackie said...

What a great card Virginia! Love the colors you used...very nice work Hun!

It's been great working with you & I hope to continue to see you in blog land!
Hugs & Love Forever My Friend,
Jackie

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a FAB card!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! What a DARLING card! You certainly covered all of Dr. John's interests! Great manly tones, too. I am SO SAD that the Etsy inspired challenges are coming to an end!! :( Do you know that is what got me HOOKED on ETSY!? Well it is!!! I LOVE all that they have on that site and I've added some of the items to our newly renovated home........I'll miss the challenges and the spotlight of the shops, too. You've done a FABULOUS job in designing for them, Virginia. Love, Karen xo

Kerry said...

GREAT masculine/Father's day card! I love your stamped background! It's been fun getting to know you through the EIC team! Your posts and comments always make me smile! Best wishes to you!

Lynn said...

Oh Virginia...I am loving that background. I always hesitate to layer my stamps but seeing this card truly inspires me! Gorgeous!

Donna B. said...

Very nice Father's Day Card Virginia! Love the masculine colors and your choice of stamps. The yellow frame really pops.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a fun card Virginia. Love the stickers. :) I'm so glad that I got to work with you at EIC. You are a great bloggy friend and I soooo enjoy your card designs. I'm a BIG FAN of your work. Hugs my friend. :)

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- your card is fantastic! I have really enjoyed your projects and working with you on the EIC team. Thank you for all the inspiration!

justsomestuffimade said...

Such a fun card - I love the collage effect of all the stamps you used!
Are the stitching corners accents also done with a stamp? It looks so great!
Rx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOO Fun! I love your take on this--love the stitching and the paper clip! LOVE those stickers too! You always inspire me--you always knock my socks off! LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting here!

I've enjoyed getting to know you through the EIC--I will be stopping back and regularly:) LOVE YOU!

Eve said...

I've just read the sad news at etsy inspired challenge... Luv your card though!:-) every details :-)

Alice Wertz said...

love the layered stamping on the background. wonderful Dad's Day card!

Emily Branch said...

This card is sooooooo fresh, graphic and SUPER DUPER fun!! I love the yellow contrasted with the stamped background! You have such GREAT style!

It has been such a joy and pleasure designing with you!! I have loved meeting you, and watching you grow as a designer and see your lovely creations every week--such a treat visiting your blog!!! Keep up the fabulous creative endeavors!

Ruby said...

I just LOVE your style Virginia, you are a great inspiration, it's fun popping by, as Emily said it's a treat to see what you've created. I will miss you on EIC, but I also know I will continue to see you in blogland!! Keep up the fab work! Take care x