Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Layer Wednesday # 59

Here's the One Layer Wednesday's photo inspiration from Pinterest . For details, please see Simplicity- I love that inspiring blog of Susan's. She is witty and is full of creative ideas!
So here's my yellow flower card. Don't ask me what the green dots are...they are just random stamping from one of the stamps. All stamps are from Hero Arts.
thanks so much
And  then..there is this ladybug card. I was prompted by the CREATE Blog challenge to make an animal-shaped card. Guess where my inspiration came from?
 The SRM Stickers (see We've Got You Stickers-Hello)!!
 Notice the lady bug? I copied the shape and used my oval shape Spellbinders. I was so happy to have that little "discovery" :)

Here is the CREATE Blog feature
There is no stamping required. I think this is a fun project for the kids to make. It requires two biggest oval for the card base( I traced the rims of the large oval and hand cut them), one smaller red oval from the diecut with embossed background for textures.  The "head"  is from one of the oval that was trimmed 1/4 off. The kids can punch out the black circles and cut out the legs....All you need to do is help pre-cut all the ovals and let the kids assemble!

SMILE
SMILE!

22 comments:

MakingCardsIsFun! said...

Lovely card! I love the Flower Stamps you used! (I LOVE Flower stamps) ,and the LadyBug is just too cute! :)

sheila said...

I love your yellow flowers....wonderful card! and what a great little discovery with the ladybug sticker and punch/those are the type of discoveries that makes us smile right?

Kathy (krolski) said...

Pretty card! Love the Ladybug too. Congrats on being featured on the CREATE blog again!!

simplycaffeinated said...

Beautiful cards! I absolutely LOVE your yellow flower card!

Jessica said...

How pretty! Love all your cards!

BabyBokChoy said...

These are fantastic Virginia!! Hey, sorry about the duplicate comments earlier, blogger freaked out on me at work!!!!

Janelle said...

Cute cards. Love all those yellow flowers. And the ladybug is great, too!

diana said...

Great cards! Thanks for shaing. ;-)

Lin said...

I AM smiling! What wonderful positive cards! LOVE that first one the best, though - so sunny!!

Lynn said...

I love your card...the bright yellow flowers are wonderful. And the ladybug card is so cute!

Lindsey said...

I'm a big fan of Susan and her blog, too -- you have interpreted the inspiration photo beautifully! The ladybug is just way too cute. :)

Arlene said...

Just TOO DARN CUTE!

alexandra s.m. said...

so so FUN!
TFS~

Nancy said...

oh wow, the ladybug card is cute, but I LOVE the yellow flower card! I just love how you framed your beautiful stamping, gorgeous card!

turquesadot said...

Virginia I love both cards and by the way those green dots ad such a punch of color. Perfect combo...Super cute ladybug.

Jenny said...

Wow what a beautiful card, love the masked border to give a crisp edge to the stamping.
Jenny x

Dawn said...

gorgeous cards Virginia. Your cute lady bug card is great.

Isha said...

Hmmm!!! You ROCKED the inspirational photo. Love the card. I am going to CASE your Ladybird with your permission as my daughter wants to make it seeing your post...lol.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your yellow flowers were just the burst of sunshine I needed today!

justsomestuffimade said...

Both great cards - the yellow flowers are so elegant ;)
Thanks for the inspiration, Rx

dahlhousedesigns said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the yellow and the pop of green!

lisa a.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful one layered card. so fresh and soothing and that ladybug card is too cute! and love love how you created it. so very clever of you, V!! fab projects as always!