Thursday, June 23, 2011

SRM Sticker Tutorial

Hello! I hope you are having a great day so far! I'm excited to share a tutorial that I did as the DT assignment for the SRM Stickers blog. If you follow my creations and blog long enough, you know I have "a thing for coffee sleeves". I LOVE using coffee sleeves in my projects. So I came up with this simple yet so do-able idea! That is....
Diecut + Coffee Sleeves = Personalized Chipboard
 1. gather the supplies and chose the diecut  shape that you want to use
2. Run the Cuttlebug/Big Shot like you normally die cut the pieces (bottom-A plate, middle-C plate, diecut piece facing up , coffee sleeves, B plate on top).
 3. After cutting them out, you can stamp or paint them. Here I painted the "chipboard" with Rangers Acrylic Paint Dabbers (Sunshine Yellow, Red Pepper,Sunset Orange) , let dry.
4.  You can add more colors and textures by stamping over the chipboard
 5. You can choose any size or shape to customize them for your card/page. The best thing is that SRM Stickers work so beautifully with them.
The results
#53002 (We've got you Stickers)
Close-up
 #53002 We've Got you Stickers
#51013 Congratulations
I hope this simple idea get your creative juices flowing. You can always customize a chipboard for your own project. Now would you like a cup of coffee with cream and the coffee sleeves?
Please leave me a comment at SRM Blog (just so that the SRM people know that I am doing a great job). I  would really really appreciate them!

27 comments:

ivy said...

great use of coffee cup sleeves! will have to try! i have a ton stashed away!

Dawn said...

way to go Virginia. Great tutorial. Love what you created with your recycling...

donna mikasa said...

You never cease to amaze me with your creativity, Mrs. Starbucks! I love the texture on the shapes, too. Great, great cards!

Lynn said...

What a great idea...and it is really hard to choose a favorite out of all these cards, but I think the first one...love the frame and butterfly.

Brenda said...

Beautiful work and recycling Virginia! I especially love the design of the first card!

Marie-Anne said...

What a great idea. I love your cards.

Marie-Anne

Barb said...

I love coming here everyday! You are just a joy! These cards are all wonderful! My fave has to be the one with the flower you created. . .so fun! Sending hugs to you, my friend!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Don't you love recycling? We crafters are heros at saving bits and pieces from going to landfills. ;)

Love ALL your CAS creations but especially the butterfly one. Thanks for being so inspiring, Virginia!

Maureen Morton said...

These are so bright and fun - and wonderful texture! I, too, use coffee sleeves, even for mini-books. They pop out of my studio drawers! Fun.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Wowzers! Such a cool technique! TFS the tutorial! Gorgeous work as always Virginia!

Isha said...

Great tutorial Virginia. Love your creative thinking. Lovely card...I am loving those snail body flowers:))

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia what lovely cards today! My favorite is the top one hands down! Love that butterfly and the frame that you made!!! :>

Cathy A said...

Great recycling Virginia

Karen B. said...

I think that top card is my most favorite card you have EVER done! I love it! I love the colors, the design, the style, everything! And the other cards are fantastic too, what a great tutorial!

Donna B. said...

Nice tutorial. Love your chipboard stickers. Looks like another crafty item I'm going to have to get and make my own stickers!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Love, love, love the recycling of your coffee cozy! Wonderful cards! :)

Lindsey said...

Love these die-cuts and your cards! I knew some people saved their coffee sleeves for crafting, but didn't really get it till now. These are super!

alexandra s.m. said...

very very clever and beautiful cards Virginia!!
I'm off to SRM's then ;-)

Vicky said...

Great idea!!! and the cards are beautiful! thanks for the inspiration V. Off to SRM to leave you some love :)

BabyBokChoy said...

TERRIFIC idea :) love love love your examples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Lovely tutorial Virginia. It is so much fun to see how your creative mind works!

MarcyK924 said...

Thanks for a wonderful tutorial Virginia! I love that BRAVO card - SO cute!! And I'm pretty sure SRM KNOWS you're doing a FAB job!! xoxo

Eve said...

Luv those coffee sleeves too. And luv your colors of yellow & orange! Those SRM stickers look so perfect on those nestie tag you created! :-) ps. I just baked Blueberry Banana bread! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous idea, Virginia!! LOVE it! super cards made using the homemade chipboards, too! wonderful work as always!!

Trinh said...

Great tutorial, Virginia! I love your smile card, especially the twine butterfly trail. Thanks for inspiring me!

jintyoo7 said...

Wonderful idea, Virginia - thank you for sharing :o)

Emily Leiphart said...

Wow, you amaze me, Virginia! I LOVE these!!!