Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tubes, Tubes and More Tubes!

FEAST your eyes  on the SRM tubes today!
 I am super excited to share the latest BIG project that I did with the SRM tubes. These are the party favors that I made for my daughter Stephanie's college graduation party. Stephanie has just received Bachelor of Science (see here). 
party favors
Since the party favors are for her young adult friends from college and high school, the tubes will have to be somewhat fun AND sophisticated. This graduation party took place at my house on May 21, 2011.
Contents: Jelly Beans 
I used Hero Arts stamp (Scallop Circle )for the large pink flowers and die cut a few circles with punches.  Then I punched small circles through paper and strung them through the tubes and then assembled them layer by layer.
Contents: sugar-coated peanuts 
This set is very straightforward. I punched out Kraft wrapping paper and wrapped the paper over the tubes tops. The flower paper circles are Cosmo cricket. Assemble--voila!
Contents: Chocolate-coated Peanuts
For this set, I die cut the black scallop squares and then scored the lines diagonally across and created the crease. I am pretty happy with the silver ribbon and gold tags since they look perfect for a graduation party!! Needless to say, the food was also very important; here are some snap shots of the table.
Mushroom Turnovers--mm mm good
The party was a success and needless to say, the party favors were a huge hit! I had them all displayed as the center piece for the table. They were very eye-catching! ! The chocolate-coated peanuts (the grad tubes) were the most popular ones. I love them all and I must admit that I had quite a few of the goodies while making the tubes! Please visit SRM blog  and if you can, please leave me some love there!

32 comments:

ivy said...

WOW! congrats to your daughter first of all! and what great favors for the guests! all the food is making me hungry!

Dawn said...

Stunning favours Virginia...what a great idea. And what a feast. Stephanie would have been was pleased. A big congrats to her on her degree.

Kary said...

Hi Virginia, Congrats to your daughter on her graduation! These party favours are awesome! Love how you decorated them and I'm sure all the guests can't resist the goodies in the tubes. ;)

patscrap91 said...

Hi Virginia, Congrats for your daughter.
These tubes are awesome !

Brenda said...

Congrats to your daughter Virginia! Wow, a lot of work went into all that preparation! But it all looks beautiful!

Isha said...

Congrats Virginia and Dr. John on your daughters success.Yumm party favours. Wish I was living next door to you:)

justsomestuffimade said...

Wow love those favours! Big congrats to Stephanie - sounds like the party went with a swing ;)
Rx

Cathy Fong said...

wow wow wow!!!! amazing creation!! love this virginia.so yum!! congrats!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

EEEEK....love love love all of these Virginia. Makes me want to join in on the fun party. :)

Berenice R. said...

Hi Virginia, Congrats to your daughter.
Awesome favors!

Barb said...

Virginia, these are sooo adorable! You've really outdone yourself this time! I'll bet Stephanie and her friends just loved them! Such a creative and fun project! Your table looked so yummy too!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WOW!!! is all I can say! So impressed by everything!!!

AnitaRex said...

WOW Virginia! WOW! Love these! What a HUGE labor of love! They look so professional! They are absolutely perfect for your daughter's grad! What a great job you did!!!! :> And the food table looks sooo good too!

Kryssi said...

What a fab idea, V! I've always wondered what to fill them with besides the oh so predictable m&ms. Love your idea and everything looks great!

Maureen Morton said...

What a lucky girl to have such a creative and loving Mom! Such a party I have never seen! Know you are very proud, and you should be!

Tiffany said...

Very fun layering on all the embellies on the top of each tube, Virginia! You make the perfect hostess for any type of celebration!!! WOW! Scrumptious food display!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Now I am starving! haha! YUM! These are ALL just the CUTEST EVER! Such FAB work!!!

Anni said...

Those tubes are so cute! And all the food - yummy!
Vielen Dank für deinen lieben Kommentar auf Jills Blog! Das hat mich sehr gefreut!
Liebe rüße, Anni

Kathy (krolski) said...

These look great!! I bet all the party peeps loved them! :) And your food....wow, what a feast!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

VIRGINIA---this is soooooooooo amazing! What a great favor for your daughter's party--wish I was there! WOW! That food looks YUMMY!

ps....I JUST saw that you called--I'm sorry! I must have been sleeping or not feeling good and had the phone on silent. I will listen to the voice mail and contact you asap:) <3

Dana said...

Many congrats to your daughter! She is lucky to have such a talented mother to inspire her. I NEED one of those mushroom turnovers now...NEED.

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh yeah, these tubes look so unbelievably awesome!!!!!!!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

You are SO amazing, Virginia! You need to submit another version of these to PC's current call! Oh, and the food? Yum!!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! love how you dressed up those tubs, V!! those lucky them! those tubs look like perfect for any party favor. thanks for the inspiration. so glad to hear that the party was a success. well, of course! with all the food and the favors! =) thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Everything looks wonderful! Would you be willing to share your recipe for the mushroom turnovers? http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com/

alexandra s.m. said...

I'm just speechless this is so incredibly professional, creative and BEAUTIFUL! WAOUH Virginia!!!

Simone said...

OH WOW!!! These are all so amazing! My jaw dropped when i saw these! Sooo awesome!

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! Now THAT'S A PARTY!! :) Your presentation was BEAUTIFUL and your favors, ADORABLE!! No wonder it was a HIT!! So nice of you to share Stephanie's big day with us. I feel as if I was right there with all of you, celebrating. Can't wait to see what you do for David!!! :) :) Love, Karen xo

Rina Damay said...

Virginia, Your project Looks Fantastic!! Food looks delicious. and great pict too.

Hugs
Rina Damay

Trinh said...

You have outdone yourself, Virginia! Those favors look awesome & the food so delish. Congrats to your DD!

Ribbon Girls said...

Wow! Your party favors turned out great! Looks like you had an amazing party. Congrats to your daughter!

charli said...

so cute and what a lovely spread you put out!!