Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beautiful Borders

I always love the border punches. Can you name one that you love most....just one!? Well, you can't , right? They are the unsung hero in many projects and cards! No wonder I find myself mesmerized by the ever growing punch selection at Michael's and scrapbook stores.

The challenge at Moxie Fab World's Beautiful Borders got me all excited (OK, it doesn't take much...). So I took a serious look at my punches and came up with this design. This border punch was a generous gift from my dear sista Kathy R. She is one amazing (and shall I say, colorful) card-maker. Check her blog out  if you haven't!

First I punched the two pattern paper from the Bazzill's Grandma's Feather Bed collection. Then I popped up the top of the "curtains" for extra dimensions. Then I found the sentiment from SRM Stickers....it's simply PERFECT for this design!
It's your day to shine

I kind of like to keep this design simple as the colors and patterns really speak for themselves! I hope you are enjoying the summer!

26 comments:

alexandra s.m. said...

Hello Virginia!
I have missed so many beautiful cards!
Love what you've done here, the juxtaposition of borders is perfect with that chandelier!!

TFS~

{ kelly jo } said...

wow- this is a beauty!

Rachel said...

Ooo, I never thought to use a border punch as a main part of the card! I usually use it after most of the card is done already, and I need to add an extra little something. Love the inspiration, thanks!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

Absolutely fabulous! LOVE your design and the colors are wonderful together!

sheila said...

Wow Virginia! This card turned out fun and oh, soooo cool! I love the border punch curtains and they look creat with the chandeler.

Isha said...

This is such a lovely card Virginia. Love this border punch too. Is it fiskars??

Dawn said...

Fantastic card Virginia. Love the way your curtains seem to bunch ... what a very clever idea.

paperella said...

Gosh!!! This almost made my jaw drop, Virginia, it's gorgeous!!
xoxo

joy said...

You are so clever, Virginia! I love the way you used the border here! Thanks for sharing.

Lindsay said...

Such a bright and fun card Virginia! Love it!

BabyBokChoy said...

Total elegance, great card Virginia!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Beautiful indeed!! This is GORGEOUS!

Lin said...

Absolutely perfect for this challenge, Virginia - good luck!

My Little Corner said...

I love your creation, Virginia .. as always :)
Hugs,
Yulis

Lindsey said...

Oh, this is one fabulous card! I love the curtains and the bling. I find there's so many punches to look at now, I get overwhelmed and end up not buying any because I can't decide! :P

~jan said...

So fabulous!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love your card--beautiful.

Chunyuan said...

It is fabulous card. Love the color combo and the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Trinh said...

That sentiment is perfect for your card, Virginia! Love your pretty curtains; creative design, as always!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE this! The color combo is perfect and I love that chandelier!! AMAZING:)

Eve said...

beautiful color combos!! luv the borders too! Perfect sentiment! :-)

Simone said...

This is so stunning! Love the colours and those borders are such a beautiful touch! Gorgeous card V!

ivy said...

ahhhh, so chic & classy!!

Jenny said...

Stunning Card Virginia:)
Jenny x

Alice Wertz said...

love the design and the colors you used for this card, Virginia! so beautiful!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Beautiful Borders challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)