Friday, July 29, 2011

Botanical Flowers--Again!

Are you tired of my botanical flowers? I promise... this is my last entry for the Fanatical About the Botanical Challenge at Moxie Fab World. I had the feeling that I will become a fanatic if I keep this up... (LOL)!  To add the extra fun and challenge, my daughter Stephanie suggested me to make a card based on the inspiration from this "Bon Appetit" cover. What a TASK! She thought the color combo are so cool, refreshing....and delicious!! I think she is right!
With the colors, I came up with this....
Many Thanks
Stamps: Hero Arts (Earth Flowers)
Supplies: May Arts ribbon, TH Distress Inks (Weathered Wood, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed), SRM Stickers, Fiskar punch, Glossy Accent

  I wish I could re-take the photo of the card (the frame should be brown, but it's a tad too dark!!) ...but I need to pack and ...so much to do before the trip. Now go get yourself a piece of Lemon Meringue and Blackberry Pie!  

PS: for all the details about CAS-ual Fridays' challenge, please scroll down to the previous post . Sorry ...that post has no card for you to see. The Lawn Fawn stamps did not arrive in time for me :( 

26 comments:

Brenda said...

Your daughter was right, those colors are just too beautiful to pass up! It's such a beautiful card Virginia! Go and enjoy your holiday!

Lindsay said...

What a super fun card Virginia! I love how you used all of the colors from the book!

BabyBokChoy said...

Only you can translate a cover of food into a bouquet of gorgeous flowers, absolutely fantastic!

Heather Maria said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia! Love your design and layering of images! Great colours too - what a fun source of inspiration!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card Miss Virginia!! Hope all is well...

alexandra s.m. said...

and another beauty!
I'm always fascinated to see what prompts your creativity!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Pure GORGEOUSNESS!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a yummy inspiration photo. Your card is gorgeous. Love those butterflies. :)

Judy1223 said...

Hi, Virginia! Great take on the inspiiring magazine cover! I think all of your botanical cards hav been beautiful...good luck!

Thanks also for the heads up that I was blog spotted at Moxie Fab World today...what an honor! Thanks for letting me know!

Annette said...

love your card...

Rachel W K said...

definitely one of my favorite color combos! Looks amazing... good luck!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

AnitaRex said...

Could this be any prettier? I love the yellow ribbon at the bottom! That pie looks delish! Yummy! So loved chatting with you today! Really made my day!

Elizabeth Allan said...

You captured the colors perfectly Virginia. Have a wonderful trip!

Cathy A said...

Beautiful, there is nothing like a challenge to get the creative juices flowing. I have to say that dessert on the cover looks positively yummy.

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card, I wish I could just watch you and your daughter in action.

Eve said...

Beautiful card & YUMMY inspirational picture!! You also made me crave for that pie! I just had a lemon meringe pie a week ago! lol! yes, Virginia, you need to pack! LOL! ;-) That's my most UNfav. thing to do; Packing! Luv vacationing, but not packing! LOL! Have a wonderful vacation, and maybe, you can share the Beautiful pictures you'll take at that gorgeous lake, on your blog ! Looking forward to it! :-)

Kathy Martin said...

Ah...so beautiful V! :)

Alice Wertz said...

absolutely gorgeous, V!! love love the background and stamping. such a beautiful card! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, love your pretty summery card--love where your inspiration came from. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful vacation. Take care.

Lindsey said...

Feel free to continue to wow us with your Botanical Flowers, Virginia! Beautiful, again.

Dawn said...

just gorgeous Virginia. Such a pretty card. Enjoy the trip.

Ma ménopause said...

génial!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card! Love your inspiration too!

Jocelyn Olson said...

So beautiful...I'm not sure which of your botanical cards is my fave since they are all so fabulous! Have a wonderful vacation.

Simone said...

Such a gorgeous card and that cake looks sooo yummy! What a great inspiration piece!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks yet again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)