Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ribbon Carousel Challenge # 11

"Mommy, I'm bored !!"
  I heard that a lot in the summer time when my kids were little. Nowadays they both can drive and have a little job to keep them busy. Stephanie works as research assistant and David works at the Science camp as a junior leader. The only person that is bored..? ME! I so needed that "fix", you know. I want something to challenge my creativity. Then I found out my sweet blog friend Savannah is joining the Ribbon Carousel Challenge DT, I immediately found my calling.  Check this inspiration photo! 
Isn't it delicious? I got going right away.
 I started with the DIY embellishments. Thanks to the inspiration Gallery Idol #3-Debbie Carriere , I made my first sets of rosettes with ric rac ribbons (brilliant idea, huh?). Debbie's blog has the detailed instructions and provided a link to tutorial for the ric rac flowers. I did used the smallest flower stamp (from Real Flower) for the base of the rosettes. All you need is some strong adhesive like Glossy Accent, and you are on your way to DIY embellishments.
Thank You
The delicate borders and sentiment are NEW SRM Stickers (new release at CHA)! 
  How gorgeous is that! I was particularly excited to use that delicate border at the top since it's perfect for the design. The floral pattern and pink paper are the new Basic Grey (Out of Print). LOVE them!
I don't normally make classy and elegant style, so this one is definitely something different from my usual ones. I kind of like it! 
Lastly I'm sharing the S'mores  that David made. Perfect summer snacks!

Boring no more. 

32 comments:

Dawn said...

a fantastic card Virginia. Your flowers are lovely. I looked at the pic before reading the blog and thought "that looks like ricrack" well done.

Barb said...

Ooo, David's S'mores look delicious! Love your elegant card, Virginia! Your ric rac flowers are so beautiful!

Debbie Carriere said...

Virginia, you are the sweetest gal ever!!! Love your ric rac rosettes!! Your card is fantastic - way to be inspired!! Thanks so much for the shout out and the sweet comment on my blog :) Those s'mores - yummy!

AnitaRex said...

Oh i so see your card in the inspiration! What a fabulous take Virginia! Lovely ric rac flowers! :>

sheila said...

Great take on the inspiration photo Virginia! And those ric rac flowers are really cool..want to try that myself! Yum....s'mores...'nuff said!

donna mikasa said...

What a beautiful card from the inspirational photo! Your ricrac flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for the tutorial link. And those S'mores--YUM!!!

Simone said...

Such a beautiful card Virginia! Love those ric rac flowers! Ooh yum! Those s'mores look delish!

Isha said...

Superb card Virginia. Love those ric rac flowers. You Rocked the not your style card too

Lindsay said...

So lovely Virginia! I adore it!

BabyBokChoy said...

Beautiful card, the colors are amazing!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

What a scrumptious post! Both the card and the smores!

Jill said...

Love your card! The little rose embellishments look perfect with your design! Those smores look so delicious, too!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such a classy card, Virginia! Love your ric rac flowers! David's s'mores look delicious! yum!

MarcyK924 said...

Virginia - this card is SO elegant! And your flowers came out just perfect. I had seen Debbie's card and flower tutorial. LOVE it! Oh, I can see David got the baking gene from Mom!!

Rachel W K said...

gorgeous card!!! You have so much talent and your projects always inspire me! And those smores are inspiring me to grab a piece of chocolate from the freezer.... :)

-rwk
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Traveling Mama said...

What a pretty card and those s'mores look delicious!

Dana said...

Your ric rac rosettes are so, so pretty. What a perfect accent on this card.

Karen B. said...

Wow, this is different for you but so lovely!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! I love how the sentiment tucks into the design panel. And those new stickers look awesome!

Donna Bowman said...

Very pretty card Virginia! Love those roses!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a clever little design with the sentiment in that your punched panel! LOVE LOVE LOVE--so clever! I also LOOOOOVE those ric rak flowers--gorgeous! And I am super excited that you decided to play along with us! So thankful for my friends:) YOU ROCK!

Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the RCC!!! (That's the first time I've said that! ACK! LOVE LOVE LOVE!).

And those smores--mmmmm! I can taste/smell them from here!

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun card, Virginia! And who wouldn't love those sweet roses. Makes me wish that I could sew. You are so amazing - thanks for sharing.

Jocelyn said...

The ric-a-rac roses are fabulous! They look hard to make but I love them!! The BG patterned paper is so elegant with the other elements.

I wish I had a smore right now. :)

Laurel said...

Gorgeous Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

You bored? I don't believe it for one minute!!
Love love your card!

Hugs from Kansas ~

Diana said...

Perfect little pocket, Virginia!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful Virginia. Glad you posted the picture of your card first and saved David's treat for dessert!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super beautiful. Love your rosettes. Mmmmm yummy smores. :)

FLEUR de Lo said...

Your ricrac flowers are fantastic! Sounds like a simple way to get a classy result.

Alice Wertz said...

wonderful take on the inspiration photo and those ric rac flowers are so cute! lovely card, Virginia! and mmmm...... the S'mores look soooooo yummy! you always leave me drooling after reading your posts.... =)

Corinna said...

I love your flowers and am proud to tell you that you've been named a Top Spool for challenge number 11 at the Ribbon Carousel Challenge! Be sure to stop by the blog to pick up your badge!

Scrapcollectr said...

Wandering through blogland, I landed here and have to tell you this card is gorgeous! And love the ric rac idea, thanks!
*smile*