Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Stamp It Challenge

I'm a stamper at heart. So when I saw this challenge at Moxie Fab World , I knew I had to try! There's nothing more satisfying than getting the rubber all inked up and you see an instant result! This is my 2nd entry.
                     The challenge is to create a card in which stamping is the predominant element. Sounds like fun, huh? Here's my take on stamping. When I stared to make this card, I had no clear vision of where all the stamping will go...., I just went with the flow and before you know it, it's done!
Heartfelt Thanks
I also cut out the white embossed leaves and paired it with the sentiment ( from SRM Stickers). I added a large brown button and pearls for extra embellishments. This was meant to cover up a mistake since the white embossed leaves were not fully embossed and were spotty. That button and pearls seem to fit perfectly here! Love the happy accident!
My heartfelt thanks to you for visiting me here and give me such wonderful feedback!

29 comments:

Arlene said...

Love it when you can pull a card out of an accident - love your colors... just gorgeous - lovely!

Dawn said...

Wow Virginia. What beautiful colourings and a superb design

AnitaRex said...

I love how you covered up your "mistake"!!! Sucha pretty card! I like the mix of stamping and embossing!

Romaine said...

Very lovely!

donna mikasa said...

Love the dimension on your card and the happy accident resulted in a gorgeous solution! (Did you see Jennifer McGuire use a white pigment pen to fix her white embossing? Thought of you....)

Christine said...

Fantastic colours!
I love the atmosphere!

Lynn said...

Love the layering of all your stamps Virginia! Gorgeous...and love happy accidents!

Jeanette Marchand said...

Great card, Virginia!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Virginia! Love those bold colors and I couldn't agree more about stamping! Instant gratification!! heehee!

joy said...

So pretty, Virginia!

BabyBokChoy said...

You stamp like no one's business! What a phenomenally beautiful card!!! wow!

Lin said...

Wonderful summery colors, V! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Wowzers!! Sooooo STUNNING!!

Dana said...

*thud* no words needed Virginia...

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this V.......So Pretty!!!

Kryssi said...

Wow you are doing some amazing things with those relax inks! ;)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful Virginia, love it.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GORGEOUS! I love that you can stamp like this--I am a stamper....but not like you! I add it here or there...I think I need to take some lessons from you:) BEAUTIFULLY done!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous colors and card Virginia! Love the added button and pearls. Beautiful!

Donna B. said...

Love your background and all your embossing. Beautiful card!!!

Alice Wertz said...

very beautiful colors and stamping, V!!! love love the extra cut out leaves, so very delicate and elegant. gorgeous card, girl! LOVE!

Trinh said...

Gorgeous stamping, Virginia! Love how you layered the leaves and that happy accident is the perfect touch!

Simone said...

This is stunning Virginia! Love the beautiful rich colours on this! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so gorgeous, Virginia! You know your colours AND your stamps!!

Tiffany said...

Oh, WOW! Virginia, really gorgeous and luscious colors, I think the 'stamping' part fits you well!

Nona said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Virginia! Love the color scheme, the layering, and just the overall design. I must case it sometime :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Love those happy accidents - they turn out to be the best embellishments!

Lindsey said...

So pretty, Virginia. I love that background. And of course that button/pearl belongs there! ;)

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks again for linking up to the Stamp It! Cards Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)