Friday, August 5, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #14

Welcome to our latest edition of CAS-ual Fridays!
Challenge : Glitzy Glue Dots: Apply glitter to glue dots to create a background, pattern or embellishment on your CAS project. 
Our sponsor
I used the little circle glue dots and made a very simple card. These glue dots are so easy to use with glitter. It sticks to the glitter so well and is really not messy to use at all. 
A closer look of the card with all the glitter
DSC_0008

I found the shape of this set of sentiment from Hero Arts (Type) perfect for matching up  with the Glue Dots. So that's how I came up with this simple design. All the glitter from from Martha Stewart's glitter pack that you can find at Two Peas in a Bucket.
I actually stapled the edges and stamped paper-clip image with the set from Just A Note.

Please link up your project by  Aug. 10, Wednesday, midnight Eastern Time to CAS-ual Fridays . Have fun!

18 comments:

Simone said...

This is soooooo fun Virginia! Love those glittery dots!! Congrats on your CREATE blog feature! :)

Barb said...

You are so clever! Thanks for the fun idea, V! Love it! Hugs! :)

Dawn said...

clever idea Virginia. Never thought of using the glue dots for putting on the glitter.

Lindsay said...

Super cute Virginia! Love the paperclips and the glittery dots!

Anne said...

What a great way to pair up the HA stamps with the glue dots!

alexandra s.m. said...

Brillant Virginia!!

Rachel W K said...

I love your card! I never thought to put glitter on a glue dot before, I'm excited to give it a try :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kathy (krolski) said...

Cute, cute, cute! I hope I get to play again this week. :)

Marlena M. said...

Fun and playful card! ;)

Alice Wertz said...

such a cool idea! i would never thought of just add glitters to the glue dots. such a sweet card, V! love love that background! welcome back and hope you have a beautiful weekend, my friend! =)

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute...I love Glitter!! Hugs to you V....

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!! tfs!!

Laura Davis said...

So cute!
Laura

Lindsey said...

What a fun card, Virginia! I like the way your font echoes the glittery dots. :)

Eve said...

how sweet this card is, and luv this week's challenge at Casual Friday too! Great take on the challenge! :-)

Barb said...

your layout and color scheme are totally fab...love everything about this card :)

Mary Jo said...

Cool modern feel to this card. Good job!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

You are such a clever gal! I have oodles of glitter, but don't use it because of the mess it makes. I will have to try this, for sure! :)