Thursday, August 25, 2011

Desk Top Calendar

 Hello, dear friends! I am very excited to share a big project that I did with the summer CHA released mini calendar stickers from SRM. Here are the stickers ($3 for one sheet) that I used for this project. 
 
When I saw the mini calendar stickers, I love the idea of making it into a desk top calendar. Remember years ago (if you don't remember this, then you are YOUNG), when Brook Shields did the commercial for Calvin Klein Jeans?  She said ": You know what comes in between me and Calvin Klein Jeans? Nothing!"  It was controversial at the time...well, time has changed!! Today I'd say the same thing (with a twist):" Nothing can come between my stamps and SRM Stickers". With that, I present you my mini calendar.  
2012
The penguin images are from Penny Black stamps . The rest of the images are from Hero Arts and of course, SRM Stickers.
Month of Jan.: Robins’ Kingdom (Penny Black )
Month of Feb: Valentine (Hero Arts)
Jan/Feb 2012
You can click on the image and have a better view over my Flickr photo stream.
Month of March : Row of Houses, Life of a Birthday Party (Hero Arts)
Month of April: Happy Animal Days (Hero Arts)March/April 2012
Month of May: Cruising with Life (Lawn Fawn stamps)
Month of June: Be Happy (Hero Arts), Basic Grey paper
May/June 2012
Month of July: Life of a birthday Party ( Hero Arts)
Month of August: Joy Ride (Hero Arts)
July/Aug 2012
Month of September : Just a Note (Hero Arts), Basic Grey Paper
Month of October:: Leaf prints (Hero Arts)
Sept/Oct 2012
Month of November: Silhouette Grass (Hero Arts)
Month of December: (Basic Grey paper, SRM Stickers)
Nov/Dec 2012
I hope you enjoy this post and get inspired to create your very own desk top calendar. Handmade things can give you that warm and fuzzy feeling, right? Thank you in advance if you are leaving me a comment at SRM Blog. Much appreciated! 

Hint: if you really like anything that sticks, you may also want to check out the CAS-ual Fridays tomorrow!!

43 comments:

Barb said...

wow! i love the overlays for each month...ingenious! i'm going to have to case this and make gifts for the ladies i work with. sweet idea. thanks for sharing!

Liz Weber said...

Wowzers Virginia the calendar stickers look amazing all dressed up with the stamps and I definitely MUST get those stickers and make a desk top calendar. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

joy said...

What a clever way to use these stickers. I like the stamps you picked to use for each month. Very cool!

Dawn said...

what a lovely project Virginia. I made a desk calendar several years ago but not nearly as nice as this. I might have to get these stickers!

Lynn said...

Absolutely fabulous project! Love the themes for each month!

margaretart said...

Virginia, what an awesome project!
Totally charming, and a wonderful showcase for those stickers!Your work is so inspiring!

Lindsay said...

This is such a lovely project Virginia! Every page is so well done and the colors are fantastic! Great work!

Lin said...

Virginia, this is SO special! Love how charming each little page is! Beautifully done, my friend!

Linda said...

oh my goodness that is SO cute!! I can't wait to CASE this and make my own version *(but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be as amazing as this one!)

thanks for sharing your inspiration Virginia!amazing as always!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is absolutely fantastic, your style is just so beautiful, classic and elegant!! love this one!

Maureen Morton said...

What a work of love, Virginia! Each little page is a gift in itself - can't stop looking at this. If this was on my desk, I'd never get any work done. You are such an inspiration!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this is an awesome project Virginia! I love the way each month is so different, but the stickers bring unity to the whole project. Your projects are always such an inspiration!

Annette said...

Virginia this calendar is just so creative. I love it..love the design..love the colors.. thanks for sharing..

Isha said...

Wow!!!you Rocked this calender with your creativity Virginia. Love love it!!

Barb said...

Every single month is just delightful, V! This calendar is truly a work of art! LOVE IT!!!

Corinna said...

LOVIN' this calendar!! I was just thinking that I need to order my stuff for calendar making for next year! :D And yes, yes we were in the same "Club".....hee hee hee!

Clare said...

Whoa! What a fabulous project, Virginia! You've really inspired me to give it a try!
I think March is my favorite month here - love those banners and bright colors!

Nancy De Mond said...

Hi V !! Yes, Virginia I do still follow your work. This is I think one of your best, so much thought, time and effort went into every part of it. What a wonderful idea for you to share. You have done well V love, Nan

Liliana W said...

Beautiful, Virginia. I love the way you stamped every month:)

Pia said...

Brilliant, Virginia! LOVE ALL of them!! What a fun way to display the different stamps each month! Very inspiring!

donna mikasa said...

FAB-U-LOUS!! You are such a creative genius! These would make such awesome gifts! Love, love, love!!!

Vicky said...

Oh what a great idea!!!! Each and every month on that calendar is gorgeous!!!! TFS!

Lindsey said...

This is one sweet project, Virginia! And you are SO ahead of the game for next year, too. :P

Latrice said...

This is sooo great! What a fun calendar. Each month is better than Thr last and youvreally put details on each one. Fabulous job.

Karen B. said...

I adore this idea. What a perfect christmas gift!

Rachel W K said...

i love the march and april pages! I made my own little calendar last year, I'm debating whether I should do it again or not... hmmm...

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

cheiron said...

I love this calendar. Love the different schemes for each month..they are all fabulous!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This turned out so FABULOUS! LOVE it!

Trinh said...

What a fantastic project, Virginia! Love the different images used for each month. Would make a wonderful gift!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!

Susan said...

What a work of art. Love the shout out on Hero Arts Twitter! :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Fabulous project my Friend ;-)

jintyoo7 said...

Virginia, how beautiful is this??? Absolutely wonderful.
Thank you for the inspiration - I can see me trying my hand at this :o)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

You rocked this calendar. It's beautiful. :)

kath said...

stunning and very useful project virginia...love it...hugs kath xxx

Elizabeth Allan said...

A magnificent work of art Virginia. This will definitely give daily inspiration the whole year through!

Eve said...

ok, virginia, i want YOUR Calendar!! lol!! yes, this is stunning!! Luv all the colors you used, each month! Luv the SRM's stickers for the calendar.:-)

Kathy Martin said...

How cool those monthly stickers are and your calendar! Love it my dear! :)

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia love this!!!! Such a fantastic job you did on each and every single page! Will you be keeping it for yourself?

walchowDesign said...

Fabulous project, Virginia! Love to see all the different designs every month!

Alice Wertz said...

wow! absolutely fabulous project, Virginia! love love all the stamping details. this would make an awesome holiday gift! thanks for the inspiration, girl!

Brenda said...

Ooh! I really like this idea of calendar stickers! I hope that make it every year! Lovely project Virginia!

Tiffany said...

I saw this over on Flickr and thought, wow!! A little 'mini album' calendar, very cool! And I can tell you put a lot of love into this with each page so wonderfully decorated! Love the cover page!