Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Did You Know....

......that stamping "boo boos" are a GOOD thing? Today I'm PROUD to show you the mistakes that I made while stamping. Needless to say, we all know that "Rome was not build in one day"! So why should a card!? Often times I let a card "sit" on my desk for a few days and I went back over it several times to see what can be done. Learning from my mistakes,  I then made a new and improved version...thus many of my cards were "born created this way".
Check this....work in progress
The finished result
congratulations to you
Then this was this flower card . It was hard to stamp large flower images and make them look right and perfectly inked.
Love the result! Perseverance is definitely a virtue!
just missing you
Lastly, just when you think it's almost impossible to stamp the image perfectly....(you can click on all the boo boos to see the imperfections)
Then this happened.....
live,love,laugh
So next time you make a boo boo, REJOICE! Something amazing will happen after!!
My  (very belated ) Monday Feature:
A lot of you were asking what's Dr. John thinking that I blog about him so often ?

Dr. John: " I don't really care mind. My job is a serious business. Taking care of patients is stressful and hard work, I think my wife's obsession gives me something to chuckle! Why take stamping so seriously?"
I think that guy has a point ;)
Lastly, for my little gift to you from this post (25th Anniversary ). Out of 62 comments, the winner is # 25 ( I chose the special number without checking the order of the comments).

 Blogger Angi @ CokiePop said...
What a beautiful couple you are. Happy Anniversary. I LOVE that he wanted to Swiss Dots your credit card. :)

August 2, 2011 10:37 AM

Angie, please e-mail me for your postal address, I will send the stamping goodies to you! Congrats! Thank you for the sweetest comments on my anniversary post, it sure was a wonderful feeling to read them after my trip to the Lake Louise. I have some amazing photos to share with you later. See ya!

26 comments:

Lin said...

Great post, my friend! Very thought provoking!

Lynn said...

Your boo-boos are gorgeous Virginia. I love the bright colors on the first one!

Suzanne C said...

Love your boo boos! Great inspiration for all us error prone stampers!!! Dr. John makes me chuckle! Love when he provides quips and you both make a perfect couple!

Jill said...

LOVE this post, Virginia. And of course I LOVE your cards- each and every one radiates charm and personality!!! HUGS, my friend!

diana said...

I enjoy all your posts, but today's has such a positive message for stamping & beyond. Thanks for sharing your positive outlook as well as your creations. I like Dr. John's message, too! ;-)

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love this post! Everything we create can be creative in some way. :)

Barb said...

I love this post, Virginia and love that you share your mistakes and boo boos because it happens to all of us. All three cards are beautiful and Dr. John always makes me giggle! Can't wait to see more photos from your trip! Hugs! :)

Anni said...

I love all your cards and all your boo boos! I don´t even think that they are boo boos!
I forgot to tell you: In Germany we call 25th anniversary of marriage "Silberhochzeit"!
Liebe Grüße, Anika
P.S. Tell Dr. John that I love his comments!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

I love your workj and your blog always inspires me... and makes me laugh! Thanks so much!
Lisa

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What an AWESOME post today Virginia. Love, love, love it. :) Hope you guys had a wonderful anniversary.

And Yaaaay! So happy to be a winner. Can't wait to get the wonderful stamping goodies. Thanks so much. Hugs. :)

CinnamonSally said...

Virginia what a great post, I always have loads of Boo Boos and often give up on an idea. Thank you for showing me to keep trying, all your finished cards are fabulous and well worth the effort!!

Rachel W K said...

The color on the first card are so so gorgeous and eye-catching! I love that you kept at it! I often have issues with my stamps not inking evenly, it drives me crazy... how'd you get the botanical stamp to finally work so well?!?

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Such a fun read and so very true, too :-))

Barb said...

while it's comforting to see that pros make booboos from time to time too, your cards are as perfect as ever! :) i love the final card. fun post too!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia thanks for sharing all your behind-the-scene experiments. I can easily say they always emerge into beautiful cards.

Alice Wertz said...

love love seeing your creative process. only if i am as good at learning from mistakes as you!! =) love love this post and you are a perfect couple!! love reading the little bits of you and your family. it's like i am living just next door. =) looking forward to see in your vacation photos, that would definitely put me in a good mood. =)

Kathy Martin said...

Your stamping is awesome V! :)

Clare said...

These cards are all so lovely, Virginia! I love your 'boo-boo's' and I find that I usually like my little boo-boos. ;)
So, I'm really loving the Dr. John feature, so please, keep it coming! :)
Oh, and hope you feel better soon - just read about your accident! :(

Lindsey said...

Thank you... it's so nice to see that other people don't always get it perfect the first time, either! ;) Of course, your finished cards ARE perfect!

Eve said...

i feel the same way. but to me, it doesn't have to be boo boo but it seems like i can't finish a card in a day. I always let the main image sit for a day or two before being able to FINISH the card...I'm glad you are helping your husband to give him a chuckle in his stressful business :-) Also congrats to Angi!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Boo boos are FUN--only if you can use it later:) LOL! Love all your boo boos! Each one is super --and I LOVE that card that was #1 and will be published! LOOOOOOOVE!

And I love what Dr. John says--he is super funny!

Congrats to Angi!!!

Heather Maria said...

What a great post, Virginia! Love seeing how you turned your boo boos around! Congrats to Angi!

Dawn said...

great post Virginia. It is good to see boo boos being used....I've got a baggie full of them that might make it some day onto a card somewhere!

Laurel said...

This was a wonderful post. I have thrown many a cards away........ This was very eye opening. Love Dr. John's response. HILARIOUS.

Trinh said...

I love how you have made lemonade from lemons, Virginia! Thanks for the reminder to not give up on my boo-boos!

Tiffany said...

Truly beautiful results, Virginia! I should be better at keeping my mistakes, I tend to chuck them in the garbage way too fast. Great inspiration and congrats on your published cards!