Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fine Cusine in Lake Louise

One of the biggest treat to visit Lake Louise is to be able to enjoy all the fine dining in the Chateau Lake Louise. I don't think about the price when I indulge (nor does my DH Dr. John). So to savor all those happy moments, I am sharing the memories with you today!
(photo credit: Stephanie and David)
We tried out different restaurant at the Chateau Lake Louise every night and it is, according to Stephanie, ....epic!
"Walliser Stube" - A Swiss-German inspired restaurant. They had lots of fondue! We stuck to the regular entrees and went for chocolate fondue at the end. We could smell the cheese fondue from the nearby tables. The Alpine country is famous for ---Schnitzels!
 Even the bread sticks look and taste amazing!
 I tried Foie gras--it was heavenly! I didn't think about the fat and calories---not one bit!
 Duck Breasts with Sweet Potatoes--YUM!
Beef Tenderloin with Sweetbread (I'm not a fan of it, Dr. John refused to try it),  mixed vegetables ( I LOVE that beet)!
Then it's TEA time! The tea at the Fairview Restaurant (with 4 diamond rating) takes the high tea to a whole different level....
 Look who is salivating.....and drooling...?
 Look at the happy boy!!
 BEST. Scones. Ever. These SOFT scones literally MELT in your mouth! The buttery taste was sublime!!! Honestly they were the best scones that I have ever had!
 These are a few samples of the desserts throughout our dining at the Chateau
Chocolate Fondue!
 Last but not least, this is the most expensive snack we had at the Tea House located up in the mountains near Lake Louise. It is merely just Hot chocolate and Poppy Seed Bread
It cost $8 (US/Can)-- price of comfort and luxury. Hope this post satisfies your eyes and stomach.

27 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing more fun from your trip, Virginia! All I can say is. . . . .YUM! :)

Dawn said...

Wow... this is the first post I read on getting home from work...now I am hungry and want to eat... what amazing food Virginia. Just as well there was lots of walking on the holiday!

donna mikasa said...

Wow, the Lu's really know how to live.....and eat! Such yummy photos, it reminds me of Bon Appetit magazine! Thanks so much for sharing! (Major drooling here....)

Lanecca said...

Lake Louise is magnificent and the Chateau and its food perfection. You've made me realize I don't need to travel abroad when we have so much beauty in our own great country of Canada to see!

joy said...

glad you enjoyed every calorie of those scrumptious looking meals, Virginia! What beautiful photos to have. I think the scones look divine. Thanks for sharing.

Eve said...

yes, it did, indeed, virginia! I bet you felt like you were in heaven! LOL!! Luv everything on the pictures!!! I truely need a REAL vacation!! lol :-)

Annette said...

got to have great food on vacations and it looks like you did... IT all looks so yummy... Thanks for sharing your fun trip..

Lin said...

You are a very adventurous eater, Virginia - there are things there I wouldn't even go near; but Denny loved your pictures (he'd eat it all) My favorite pic is the one with the beautiful scenery in the background!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

YUMMMMMY, Virginia. Everything looked fabulous but the tea and treats looked divine. I also spied one of my favorites-creme brulee! You have definitely made me hungry this morning! LOL!

Cheryl Nelson said...

I'm definitely drooling a little here! Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyy YUM!!!

Maureen Morton said...

Wow - what a culinary delight! I'm afraid that there are some things I just couldn't try, but it all looks lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Clare said...

Yummmmm!!! Virgina, you have me drooling here! I think the things I would go for are the chocolate milk and scones (I'm a big sweet tooth!). And wow! That bread looked so neat!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Wow, this is some post! YUMMY! Love the happy boy photo. hee! My brother makes a great poppyseed cake and my 6 year old niece always calls it "popeye seed" cake....like Popeye the sailor man. Funny girl...
Love your foodie photos!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, I had no idea I'd come here and leave HUNGRY! (You should give some warning...I've now drooled all over my keyboard!) Not a good day to skip lunch...

I love all the photos, some very interesting foods there! I also love the picture of the dessert tray in front of the window...such pretty scenery!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Glad I am viewing this close to dinner!! What a delectable selection of foods.

Alice Wertz said...

totally drooling here!! lucky you!! =) thanks for the beautiful photos (your kids are just amazing at it!) and descriptions. really enjoy visiting you, girl! YUM! =)

Donna Bowman said...

Looks beautiful there. The food looks yummy!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

Jocelyn Olson said...

These pics are awesome, Virginia! I think my favorite one is David in front of the dessert tray. Thanks for indulging us!

Rachel W K said...

oh wow. didn't your stomach burst from all that yummy food!? The plating alone looks to-die-for :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

High tea at a Fairmont hotel is hard to beat, isn't it? :) All your meals look fab -- good for you for indulging!

Simone said...

OMG!!! This all looks to die for Virginia!!! So wish i was there with you! Lol! Looks like you had an amazing time, thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures! :)

Karen from MI said...

Hi Virginia! WOW! You were eating good in the neighborhood, weren't you! I LOVE the chocolate fondue and also the hot chocolate. The food presentation was AMAZING!! Sure looks like a "magical" place to vacation. I'll put it on my "list"! :) Thanks for sharing. Love, Karen xo

Heather Maria said...

Wow what a yummy post, Virginia! The food looks amazing and oh my goodness what wonderful views you had too! Thanks for sharing!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

These food photos are fun, I've been trying my hand at food photography for my work blog (www.outsideinn.com/blog) and some of the shots are better then others... but fun to see other people's (even if they're not yours).

Trinh said...

Mmm, mmm, mmm! The photography is wonderful & all that food is making my tummy rumble.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, you crack me up, Virginia! I love it when you show food on your blog. These photos really are divine!

Susan said...

thank you for sharing part of your life; my niece used to work at L.L.