Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hiking at Lake Louise

Today starts my series of photos from my trip to Lake Louise (Alberta, Canada). This segment is all about hiking near Lake Louise.First day after we arrived,  we walked around the side of the lake which took about one and half hour to complete the walk. It was so pleasant and scenic! The mountain air was so fresh and crisp.
After a day, we got comfortable with the surroundings, the kids and I took a hike up to Mirror Lake. Thus, we started out first hike up to the mountain....Boy, was it ever thrilling and fun! I did have to cope with the pain with my back injury from my fall in the hotel room though.
After a steep climb for 45 minutes without break, I finally see why the views on top are worth it! 
 There I was,--huffing and puffing and I managed to smile. I find that hiking was not super strenuous, the back pain was worse! I was so glad that I made it to the top. The hike was about 7 K altogether. 
 Here we reached the first stop-Mirror Lake. Later Dr. John joined the second climb, he said that it's more like a "pond"!! Nevertheless, it was so clear and so peaceful.

 The background behind me and Dr. John is a little mountain called "The Bee Hive". Does look like one?
 Just when you think the sights can not get any more majestic, this is further to the top.



 When we almost reach Lake Agnes, we came across with the horses. With a fee, they can carry you to the destination. We managed to climb our way up without the horses!
 Here's David with his big grin. The views from Lake Agnes are spectacular!
 We made a stop at the Tea House near Lake Agnes! The necessities for the Tea House were supplied by the horses and the yearly haul from the helicopter. After seeing the mountains and lakes, are you ready for my next segment about flowers? All photos were taken by Dr. John, Stephanie and David. For the three camera's we used, I have about 1500 photos to choose from!
 I couldn't help feeling a little more humbled when I saw the magnificent mountains. I also think more about "perspectives", especially when you look at the last photo that Stephanie took of the tea house. It has background, interest, focus, foreground, layers and textures---it makes me want to be a better stamper (LOL)! I know, old habit dies hard...I love my addiction too much!

25 comments:

Heather Maria said...

Oh wow wonderful photos, Virginia! Lake Louise looks spectacular! I'd love to go hiking there some day. Can't wait to see your next post!

joy said...

Beautiful photos, Virginia! Love the shots of Mirror Lake and the mountain tops. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn said...

Virginia, your pictures are absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing them!

Cathy Fong said...

Wonderful views and photos! i hope i can visit those place oneday :)

diana said...

Wonderful photos! I can't believe it's been more than 20 years since I visited Lake Louise ... and Banff & Jasper. Thanks for reminding me to revisit these places at 'home'. Canada is such a great country! ;-)

Barb said...

Amazing photos, Virginia and "majestic" is the perfect word for this beautiful place! So glad you're sharing the pics from your trip! I'm very excited to see your floral ones! Hugs! :)

Lin said...

Such a beautiful place! I've heard (and seen pictures) of Lake Louise all my life, and I'm pleased to say that I saw all of this for real a few years ago. Can't wait to go back, now that I've seen your beautiful pictures! I can't believe you did all that walking with a bad back! You are a trooper, my friend!

Christina said...

These photos are amazing! I had to share them with my hubby and ask him how soon we can go see it for ourselves!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

GORGEOUS photos! Sounds like a wonderful trip (minus the fall and hurt back). Thank you so much for sharing these with us! :)

Rachel W K said...

I have never seen water that blue in my life. Seeing all your vacation photos really makes me want to visit! Letting you know that I'll be sending this post to my husband for a really big hint on our next vaycay :) Thank you!


-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Cheryl Nelson said...

WOW!! Sooooo GORGEOUS! TFS these AMAZING photos!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous pics!!! Hope you had tons of fun!!!

Marilyn said...

Wonderful , beautiful, photo's, Virginia! I especially loved the one of you and Dr. John (a few days back in your blog) standing in the flower garden with the lake and the mountains in the background! I loved the one of that cute chipmunk too! Hee Hee What can I say...I love animals!
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!
Hugs, Marilyn

lynzw21 said...

Wow, I cannot get over the blue of that water- it's breathtaking!! Lake Louise has been added to mine and Hubby's bucket list now thanks to your gorgeous photos :)

Leni said...

Super beautiful photo's.

Isha said...

Superb photos Virginia. The first thought was to make a calender with each of them. Love the perspective. These would really make lovely paintings...Hmmm!!!need to think of starting one:)
TFS

Trinh said...

Gorgeous photos of stunning scenery, Virginia! I would love to see this area in person one day. Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I want to go even more after seeing your pictures.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos, Virginia!

alexandra s.m. said...

These are absolutely A*MA*ZING!!!
Thank you Virginia!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY! I am in AWE!! LOVE these photos--it's like I was there with you!!! Actually, the next time you go on a trip--TELL ME! I wanna go with you:) <3

Alice Wertz said...

what amazing scenery and photos. really enjoyed reading and seeing all the photos. hope your back is feeling better!

Dawn said...

what a great place and some totally amazing stunning pictures

Eve said...

thanks for sharing these GORGEOUS, BREATHTAKING photos!! I haven't been in this kind of NATURE for a very long time... it's refreshing, esp. if you are in it!! with Fresh & crispy air, i bet!! You are funny, Virginea that makes you wanna become a BETTER STAMPER!! LOL!, yes, you are addicted! LOL!! ;-)

Chris Millar said...

Hi Virginia! Just catching up on your holiday snaps! Wow! It certainly is amazing! So many of your photos look like postcards! What fabulous scenery, breath taking sights each way you look! Hope you had the time of your life! Love all your latest cards also! Chris xo