Saturday, August 27, 2011

Market Street Stamp

I am so ready to PARTY....joining the Block Party here with me! Thanks to my CAS-ual Friday Team mate Michele (Studio MSG), I found out about this party! Here's what you can win:
  • One randomly selected participant will win an awesome prize package full of yummy stamps & accessories!
  • ONE show stoppin' paper crafter will be asked to join us for a Guest Design spot for the following month! (The winner for August will be the Guest Designer for the month of October!)
I really wound not "mind" winning either one or... just have some fun playing with stamps! I have just one set of Market Street Stamp called Follow Your Heart, which is rather sweet!

I think this set of stamps are perfect for paper-piecing. I found this Cosmo Cricket paper from the Salt Water collection which is lovely for the bird. I also used a slightly varied pattern paper and added some dimensions for the wing.
hello sunshine

After making the first card, I noticed the little birdies in this set are SO cute...I just had to play some more paper-piecing! This paper is from Basic Grey's Out of Print. I pop dotted one of the little birdie just for the extra interest.  The sentiment and zig zag lines are from this  set of SRM Stickers. Isn't it SWEET?
Sweet Friend
If you like the Basic Gray paper, please stop on Monday as I have a series of project (including scrapbook layout) to share with you.Thanks for visiting, sweet friend!

35 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg I adore these so cute!!!!!

Cathy A said...

What adorable birdie cards Virginia, you are so right, they are just perfect for paper piecing.

Annette said...

aww these birdies are just so fun... Great designs Virginia...

Isha said...

Cute, sweet and Adorable Virginia. I love birds too:)

Lin said...

Love your adorable and bright birds, Virginia - keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Barb said...

Virginia, these are both so cute! Love the paper you used on the bird for your first card and what a sweet row of birdies on the second! Good luck in the challenge! Hope you're having a good weekend! Hugs! :)

Eve said...

such cute papers you chose (esp. the 1st one) for the birdies!! :-) Very clean & so cute!! :-)

Alice Wertz said...

love love the design of the first card. the text on the bottom is fab and the second card is too cute. fab cards, my friend! hope you have a beautiful weekend! always looking forward to visiting you! =)

Brenda said...

Super sweet cards Virginia!

Samantha Casey said...

Oh my goodness! I love both of these cards! I really love the bright orange bird, it is perfect! Thanks for participating in the Market Street Block Party!!
-Sam

Angelica said...

Oh Virginia, I do love both of these cards so very much!!! In the first one, I love how you used the Cosmo Cricket paper to paper piece. GORGEOUS. And how you stamped the definition more than once. The second card is also SUPER fun and reminds me of little chicks in a row or birdies on a wire. Beautiful job! Thank you for joining us for the first Market St Blog Party!! :)

Kate said...

Your cards are so Adorable. TFS

Hugs
Kate

Jess said...

Loving the use of patterned paper here! It goes with the stamps perfectly. You rock! Thanks so much for participating in our first block party! :-)

Maureen Morton said...

Love, love these birdies! The colors and design are great.

Kathy (krolski) said...

The birds are so cute! Love both cards!

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are so so awesome!!! tfs!!

DoBea A. said...

These cards are so pretty Virginia!! i love how you used just little bits of the patterned paper!

AnitaRex said...

Such adorable cards Virginia! love them both!!! :>

Brenda Weaver said...

They are both equally adorable!! Love the birds and the colors you chose. Great job and thanks for joining in the block party!

Amy said...

Virginia, AMAZING!!!! I must go check out this stamp set again. I love both cards but that second one....so CAS and I love it to pieces! Thanks for coming to the Market Street Stamps Block Party!

Tiffany said...

Super cute, cute cards, Virginia, they make me so happy! Love that CC papers, too!

Dawn said...

so very very sweet Virginia. Both your bird cards are adorable

Jen W. said...

Love that gorgeous yellow bird with the popped up wing!

Cheryl Nelson said...

These are sooooo DARLING!!!

Michele Gross said...

Oh Virginia I LOVE This!!! Your paper pieced birds are so stinkin cute!! So glad you came to party with us at Market Street Stamps :)

BabyBokChoy said...

You are so inspiring, absolutely beautiful!!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Oh, Virginia, both of these are sooo adorable!! I just love them :)

v said...

Darling card!!!

~Vanessa W

Lindsey said...

These paper-pieced birdies are the best! Love both cards. Perfect how you highlighted the bird's wing on the first one.

lisa arana said...

fun and cute!!! LOVE those birdies.

steph said...

OH Virginia- you never cease to amaze me, girl! LOVE these cards! Perfectly clean and simple with beautiful paper piecing! Love them! Thanks for joining our Block Party!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I LOOOOOOOVE that birdie on the fist card--and your sentiment behind! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And that second card--toooo tweet! LOVE those birdies too:) YOU ROCK! LOVE ya!

Susan said...

Don't forget to let your followers know that there will be a BIG giveaway on your Paper of the Week feature! The Out of Prin Basic Grey collection AND all the new SRM Stickers from CHA Summer.

Lindsay said...

What super fun cards Virginia! So colorful and happy!

Laurie said...

Virginia these are adorable! I love the little popped up wing on the first one! So cute!