Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"SWEET"

Lately I took advantage of the deals at our local photography store. You order one set (regardless of numbers) and you get the second set FREE! So my son David went through the latest photos and chose the ones that we like to have double prints. Whether to send them out to friends or relatives or just for my scrap-booking purpose, it is PERFECT! 
So here is one of the prints we ordered. I decided to make a layout with it. Since I still have lots to learn about scrapbooking, so bear with me!! 
I made a layout for Hero Arts challenge. It's for/about kids. First I embossed the ice cream image ( from Life of the Party Birthday) in bright orange and mint green. Then I distressed them with TH inks (Sugar Spun, Worn lipstick, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo). The sentiment is from SRM Sticker. Pattern paper is from Cosmo Cricket
I am counting down the days to my daughter's safe return from China (due to be home on early Friday). Stephanie wrote me a couple of quick e-mails and told us how she was doing. Apparently she was having lots of fun, but she also came down with a cold. I think she is now ready to come home! I can't wait to hear her travel stories and see her amazing photos!

Hope you have a blessed day!

23 comments:

Isha said...

This is such a lovely page to look at...cant believe you are still learning. That photo looks so precious with the cute smiles and you have decorated it beautifully Virginia. Wish to see and meet you some day:)

Dawn said...

Great LO Virginia. Such a cool picture of the kids.

Lynn said...

Your layout is fabulous! I love how you made the flowers with the patterned paper...perfect!

Lindsay said...

What a fun LO Virginia! LOVE the pp's you chose!

BabyBokChoy said...

What an adorable layout :)

Annette said...

your page is amazing...Cute Mickey Mouse ice creams... I pray your daughter safe return from China..

Cheryl Nelson said...

Sweet indeed! LOVE this so much!! How exciting that your daughter will be home soon!

Barb said...

So glad Stephanie will soon be home! I love this adorable layout, V!

Maureen Morton said...

What a sweet family memory! Can't believe you are still learning, you look like a master! Love this layout design, especially how you have used the white space.

Kryssi said...

How nice to see a LO from you!! So sweet indeed!

Tiffany said...

Ah!! Absolutely darling layout, just LOVE this Summer filled theme, love the way you made the icecream cones look so good!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your layouts are so artistically designed with gorgeous elements that showcase your photos!

Donna Bowman said...

Great layout!! Love the circle flowers and those ice cream cones are just the cutest!! I need to pull them out and use them more.

Eve said...

It seems now you are doing more scrapbooking! :-) Not only I luv your kid's picture, I LUUUV the way you colored those ice cream cones!! They look So Yummy, and it matches the photo! "Sweet", it is! :-) luv those stripes all over, too!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Wow, the colors just pop and I loved the shaded ice cream cones. Awesome.

donna mikasa said...

What a fun layout, Virginia! I love the happy photo and those ice cream cones are too cute! Hope Stephanie has a safe trip home!

Lindsey said...

I don't know what you're talking about, Virginia, your layout looks terrific!

Simone said...

Aww this is such a fun layout Virginia! I love that photo - so happy! The icecreams look so yummy too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a fun LO--great papers and love your stamping!!!!! I bet you miss your daughter--praying for a safe return!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love your fun layout Virginia. The little ice cream cones are soooo cute. :)

Trinh said...

What a sweet LO, Virginia! I love that happy little ice cream cones and the flowers you created.

Alice Wertz said...

so cute! love the photos and what you did with the ice cream images. super layout, Virginia!

Heather Innusa said...

WOW! This is a wonderful LO!! I'm just in blog heaven here Virginia!