Sunday, August 28, 2011

you're the BEST

you're the BEST by Virginia L.
This card was made for the Her Arts Scramble Challenge #23. My oldest HA stamp is this Shadow Stamp (circa 1998) that I bought in Hobby Lobby in Michigan. It was also my first time setting foot in Hobby Lobby. I remember my kids laughed at the store name at the time! My latest stamps are the Real Flower and Silhouette Burst. (I need some new stamps badly--LOL)! And yes, the Shadow Stamp sure changed my (stamping) life...I remember at the time, I was SO happy that I finally own ONE Hero Arts stamp!  I think I "danced" in the aisle at Hobby Lobby and I must have felt that I was in heaven (my first time in Hobby Lobby and getting a first HA stamp)! 
When I made this card, I had this sketch in mind. So I will enter it for the sketch challenge at Moxie Fab World (see Horizontal Sketch Challenge )
The embossing of the white flower was a bit messy...but I'll take the "special dusty effect" instead! The sentiment is from SRM Stickers. I even managed to hand stitch my button all under an hour! I must say that these challenges make me a meaner and leaner card-making machine!

I will be b-a-c-k tomorrow!

24 comments:

Annette said...

very pretty... I really like that brown stamped flower.. I am not sure what you call them.. but it sure is pretty.. Great card..love your color choices..

Christine said...

Oh Virginia, this is very beautiful and really soft!
Great card!

Lindsey said...

Shh, that's not "dusty", that's purposely "distressed"! Such a pretty card in these mostly earth tones.

Isha said...

Love your take on the sketch Virginia. Yup...the dusky flower looks gorgeous.

Jocelyn Olson said...

I'm with Lindsey, it's not messy embossing, it's artistic! Love your take on the sketch. I would laugh that you have HA stamps from 1998, but I think my first HA stamps are from around that time, too. ;) It still looks so current!

Lin said...

I recognized this sketch immediately, my friend, and I think we have a winner here! I ADORE this card!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

- and You are just the best! Beautiful take on that sketch! LOVE it!

lisa arana said...

LOVE how this turned out. Amazing use of the sketch and the shadow stamps are awesome.

Barb said...

Wonderful card for the scramble, V! I love your take on the Moxie Fab sketch! Beautifully done! Enjoy the rest of your day! :)

Kathy Martin said...

Hi V! Great card! :)

Brenda said...

I love how you used this stamp and how it fitted into this sketch perfectly! And I love your sense of humour! Gorgeous card!

Lynn said...

I love all the botanical images with the touch of ribbon to finish it off!

Christina said...

Love your story about getting your first HA stamp and dancing in the aisle! Isn't it funny how giddy this hobby can make us sometimes?

I love your take on the sketch with the sweet botanical images and touch of bling!

VanessaB said...

love this! great images with such perfect earthy colors.

Karen B. said...

A great take on the sketch! Just love your colors too!

Donna Bowman said...

Very pretty card Virginia! Great version of the sketch!

Trinh said...

You are a genius under pressure! This is so pretty! And I have that same shadow stamp somewhere in my cabinet. I should pull it out and give it some love.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super duper cute! LOVE your take on the sketch!! LOVE that ribbon--and your stamping--WOW! LOVE:)

alexandra s.m. said...

Fabulous card! and how sweet of a story!
Thanks for sharing Virginia!

Dawn said...

awesome work Virginia. Love this one.

Lindsay said...

Love this card! Such fun colors and elements!

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful colors and i love your take on the sketch. fab card, Virginia!

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Glenda J said...

Absolutely terrific Virginia! Love the colours and the shadow stamp!