Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Take on Square Card

I think I warned you that I might try to make another square card..well, here it is!  Again, I am entering it for the Square Sketch Challenge at Moxie Fab World. 
I love the simplicity of the sketch and how refined it look with the perfect shape of square! 
 I did very little coloring with the help of Pattern paper (Basic Grey's Our Of Print). Only some distress ink shading and Prisma color pencil detailing were needed. I love the textured yellow in this paper pad. I snugged in the little sentiment (SRM Stickers) on the leaf!
I found that it is perfect for this Classic Bloom . Thanks to the 50% off coupon from Michael's, recently I treated myself some yummy dimensional Liquid Pearls that come in a pack with three little bottles. I added droplets of Buttercup and Platinum Pearl. LOVE the result!  These little bottles should really be on your wish list!

BUT, If you are really into coloring, here is your chance to comment to win some marvelous Marvey Markers over the SRM Blog. I am one of the lucky SRM DT to have these markers to work with and will have a post on the new Marvey LePlume Permanent Markers next week. Now that the kids have gone back to school, I need to get some more serious stamping and coloring done.

33 comments:

Brenda said...

Love what you did with this beautiful flower Virginia! And stamping it behind the coloured flower adds a great effect! I also love my liquid pearls!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Virginia I so love your card! Wow what a amazing job with the sketch and your flower looks sooo real! I just bought bisque liquid pearls at my LSS!

Cheryl Nelson said...

GORGEOUS!! LOVE that flower!

Annette said...

This card is amazing...love how you did the flower..

Rachel W K said...

i always love the look of color pencils, it's so soft and beautiful! I need to try out some liquid pearls too, they look great!

onecraftymama said...

That's why I love the textured pieces BG usually has in their pads - I don't like how I colour :) I'd much rather cut out fiddly little pieces! lol
The liquid pearls are really such a lovely touch - love it!

joy said...

So very pretty - I love liquid pearsl, too. Just don't use them often enough - thanks for such a beauty to remind me of them.

Chunyuan said...

Beautiful card. Love the flower stamped on PP and popped up on flowers stamped on cardstock. fabulous details.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Love that gorgeous flower with the liquid pearls! I always love BG paper! Beautiful card my friend.

CinnamonSally said...

This is gorgeous Virginia, I love the beautiful sunflower so stunning.

Christina said...

Gorgeous! I love the pierced frame and pearl droplets in the flower center! I wish my Michaels had these!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so love this card dearie!! Hope all is well....

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is stunning, Virginia. I love that big flower and how you stamped the outline of the flower behind the popped flower. LOVE! :)

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Virginia. Love that flower.

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

WOW, gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

That flower is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the way you've stamped behind it, too. Beautiful card!

Lindsay said...

Totally lovely Virginia! Love that flower!

Lynn said...

Virginia, you just keep on going with those square cards...the flower is gorgeous and I love the sentiment on the leaf!

Dawn said...

Awesome Virginia. I love square cards and am always buying sets when I see them. This is one beautiful card.

Diana said...

Who wouldn't like sunflowers! Awesome!

Barb said...

I sure am late getting here today. . .been so busy since getting back to work but I'm glad I didn't miss this post. Beautiful card, V! Love those liquid pearls! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

The liquid pearls in the center--FAB! LOOOOOOOOOVE your take on this sketch:) I need to play along again!

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh my! This is HEAVEN!!
TFS~

BabyBokChoy said...

The colors are so rich and amazing!!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

The liquid pearls are goregous Virginia. Love this big beautiful bloom!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I love everything in yellow. This is adorable. :)

MarcyK924 said...

This card made me smile BIG!! I love sunflowers. Something about them standing so strong and tall, yet beautiful and stunning. Gorgeous card V! xoxo

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, I love your gorgeous card--your design is great and I love the simplicity of your card. Great job.

Tiffany said...

Love this Virginia! The multiple stamping of the flower is wonderful! The yellow color on the flower really has such an impact on the card!

veronica said...

love your layers, cool background stamping!

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE the sentiment on the leaf and stunning colors! this is so pretty, Virginia!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I've got one word to describe my reaction to this card: WOW.

Cath said...

Hey Virginia! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)