Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Border Punches!

Like most of you, I love border punches. But, really, how many do we actually use all the time? I swear every time I go to Michael's, I like to stand in front of the isle and stare.at.them  (this sounds CREEPY! But it's what we do, right? ) and think of the potential uses in each and every one of the punches. Until I see the price--GASP!! They sell around $25 US/Can each for the Marvy punches. The price often stops me drooling right there and then. Of course, it is a different matter when I arm myself with the 50% off coupon. Still, I try to limit my purchase and prioritize the "needs" to buy some more.... it's also bad for the environment as I am often told by my family members. 
just for you!
Anyhow I used three punches that I have for the current CREATE Blog . I REALLY like this little exercise because this really get my punches out of the closet . I store them in the closet shelf as they are huge and unsightly. I chose three of them (two are scallop borders by Martha Stewart and Fiskars). The film strip-like one is from a cheaper brand called Recollections (only at Michael's). The leaf stamps are from Maya Road and the Envelop patterns are from Hero Arts. The oval sentiment is my favorite-SRM Stickers!
I purposely curled up the scalloped borders just a bit. I love the subtle dimensions that they give. The pattern paper is from Basic Grey. I am entering this card for Simon Says Stamps Challenge  (Anything Goes). There are so many new stamps that I want to get from that store....just need to compile a long list now.

 I will be taking part in the World Card-Making Day Blog Hop on Oct. 1, 2011. I will not be sending my cards in for the contest, but I really don't want to miss the fun of card-making. CAS-ual Fridays and World Card Making Day are coming up next!! I also have a little post about my stint with Creating Keepsakes (yup, I know!!!)

25 comments:

Annette said...

Awesome to be a part of the World Card making hop... I love this border card...so cute and I love the layout.. Love that sentiment from SRM stickers...

alexandra s.m. said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Virginia! Wow!
I'm amazed at the fact that you managed to combine so many border punches and yet the result is very "clean" and crisp!
Love it!!
TFS~

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so FABULOUS! I LOVE border punches!

BabyBokChoy said...

Lots of things are worse for the environment, the house, the cars, the iPad's the iPhones :) lol.
Cute cute card, that's for sure :)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the layering look! So excited to see more of your work!

Rachel W K said...

I signed up my blog for the card making day blog thing, but what exactly does that mean? lol. Anywaaaays I'm glad to be back to see all the great things you're coming up with! I have never thought to layer my border punches before, although I do only own two of them (for every single reason you have listed in this post)... and that butterfly has me drooling, gorg!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful, Virginia! That MS punch is one of my favorite border punches, EVER! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

I'm laughing at your post Virginia! I do the same thing at Michaels...just stare at the punches. haha! I love your card! Love the paper and the way you used the border punches! Beautiful!

joy said...

I love border punches too! Your card is adorable - I love the way you actually combined three and made it look so cohesive!

Barb said...

This is such a neat idea, V! Love that you used three different punches. It turned out beautifully! Creating Keepsakes? What? You've definitely peeked my curiosity! :)

Lindsay said...

Looove me some border punches! This one is one of my favs and you've used it to perfection Virginia! Love this card!

Liliana W said...

Great creation, Virginia! What can I say...I love, love punches and the more I buy, the more I want :)

Joy said...

Gorgeous card Virginia, really love the punched scallops, adds such a beautiful touch... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Alice Wertz said...

LOVE your scalloped borders! beautiful card, V!!! love the mix of patterns! ahhh..... you are so right, i don't use my punches enough... hanging my head in shame... =)

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your card is gorgeous. Love the scallop borders and that butterfly is beautiful.

Kimba's Kreations said...

STUNNING card!!!
" stint at Creating Keepsakes"...what happened? Inquiring minds want to know....LOL!

Dawn said...

well done Virginia. I couldn't think how to put 3 different ones on a card, you really nailed it here. Looking forward to seeing on CREATE 'cause I KNOW it will make it!

Smitha said...

love love love this!!! I havent seen your blog posts on facebook for soe time now.... need to check why! I missed out on so many pretty cards of yours!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these punches! BEAUTIFUL design--love that butterfly too!

What is a stint with CK???

And what do you have to do to get involved with the WCMD blog hop??? I wanna play!!! LOVE:)

Tiffany said...

Super cool effect with all the varying punches you used! I am the same way about looking at those punches at the store. I still end up getting way too many that just sit there! Poor things!

Donna Bowman said...

Great card Virginia!! LOVE how you used the punches!!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

Beautiful card Virgina! I love the layered punch border look!

Lin said...

LOVE, love, love this, Virgina - it really moves the eye around, looking at all the pretty elements - well done, and good luck!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

fabulous!!!

Lindsey said...

Punches are addictive, aren't they -- but I'm with you, they're expensive! And take up a lot of room. But who cares when they can help to make such a pretty card! The butterfly and patterned paper are gorgeous, too.