Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cards with Toothpick Flags

It's OFFICIAL! I am addicted to CREATE Challenge. If you see my sidebar from my blog, you can see how many times I entered. NOT once that I want to miss it. Even when I was on vacation this Feb., I manged to submit! I just love the themes and idea that Paige comes up with. It really helps me to look at the supplies and design in a different prospective. This week's challenge is NO exception. Now how do you make a card with toothpick flags (details here)? Easy! Just get some toothpicks and make flags (LOL)! This was my first try...the little cute flags are from Lawn Fawn Stamp set called Cruising with Life. All sentiments are from SRM Stickers.
{HAPPY DAY}
Lucky for me that I can use the good old 50% off Michael's coupon and "treated" myself  with this It's a Parade stamp! I say this as if I got myself some candy. ice cream,...or diamond!!. We paper-crafters are simply not high-maintenance people, right? (loud applause!!!!!) --thank you!

I was not entirely happy with the first card. So I made another...similar, but different! The cute butterflies on the flags are from SRM Stickers! Some Liquid Pearlescent Dimensional glue were added over them. I think you can see that I LOVE them and have been adding it to EVERYTHING. It's my new Glossy Accent!
celebrate life
These are uplifting cards and I think they are great for anyone at any occasions! Thanks so much for stopping by!

25 comments:

Annette said...

you did awesome.. I seen that challenge and thought about do it... I don't have any toothpicks...
Love what you came up with...

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh Virginia!
How inspiring once again!!
I've been thinking about trying that, now you have me completely convinced!
I adore these 2 cards and must look into CREATE's challenges

Thank You~

Brenda said...

I love your flags Virginia! It makes for a really fun set of cards!

Cathy Fong said...

super lovely cards!! the flags look fun. i should try making card with flags too. thanks for inspiring me :)

Fika said...

love love love your FUN flags V!! adorable card with fresh color combo!! good luck on the challenge :)

Trinh said...

I love seeing your cards on the Create blog each week, Virginia! Both are adorable but I'm partial to that 2nd one. Love the little dimensional butterflies.

Isha said...

Lovely cards Virginia. Yup!!! you sure are addicted to these challenges. I love them too but somehow cant create on time. You sure are motivating me to do that:)

Dawn said...

super cute Virginia. CREATE is such a fun challenge. Love Paige's ideas heaps.

Vera Rhuhay said...

These are so cute and fun,Virginia!

Lindsay said...

Such a fun card Virginia! LOVE those pennants! I laughed out loud at the high maintenance people comment! Seriously, I tell my hubs all the time that I could have a serious addiction to something REALLY expensive. He has yet to see my point! lol!

Barb said...

I'm glad you like the liquid pearls. Aren't they fun?! Love both cards, V! Your toothpick flags are adorable!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute!! Love both cards! Your designs are always brilliant! I'm sure we'll see these cards on the CREATE blog tomorrow. :)

Cheryl Nelson said...

Ohhhh my goodness...sweet CUTENESS! LOVE those cards!!

Clare said...

LOOOOOOOVE these, Virginia! Both are SO sweet - I love that stamp! I wanted to treat myself to that as well, but I decided to go with some new storage instead.
And lol! Your comment about high maintenance really made me laugh!

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooo cute!! Love these V....xoxoxo!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love those adorable toothpick flags. :)

BabyBokChoy said...

I tried toothpick flags... oh about three months ago! Yeah, mine looked NOTHING like this, it's in the trash now!!! Yours is absolutely amazing!!!!

Lindsey said...

I think both cards are great! But I will say, I'm totally intrigued by how you used the dimensional glue ON the stickers... what a fantastic idea!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I hope you keep submitting FOREVER because I always love to see your take on the challenges! These cards are no exception - they're fabulous!

Rachel W K said...

love them both! I just took a trip to michaels this afternoon... treated myself to a new paper stack haha. I love the little toothpick flags they look awesome!


-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Allan said...

Very fun and festive flags!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Congrats on the Create post, Virginia! Woo hoo! I love Paige's challenges too and agree that they really push you to try new things. Love your card! Love that stamp! Love the way you made the flags!

Alice Wertz said...

hee... i also got this at 40% off with M's coupon! high five! =) love love the flags you created. so fun! thanks for the inspirations, girl!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Eeeek, loved your first one, but REALLY love the second with the super cute butterflies.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! These are super cute--I esp. love the second one! It looks like the kids are really holding the flags! LOOOOOOVE! So clever!!!