Friday, September 9, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #19

Welcome to CAS-ual Fridays! I know you are going to LOVE this challenge! If you have some pattern paper lying around on your craft shelf, it's time to get them out .....
 Falling to Pieces--Use paper-piecing on your fall themed CAS
Our sponsor: ScraPerfect  
Our guest designer: Stacy Rodriguez.
 I know that the pinwheels are not exactly typical fall images, but I think about the wind in the fall....thus, I used the pinwheel stamps from Lawn Fawn. So the objects of paper-piecing are not really just limited to acorns and pumpkins. They can be leaves, cat, haunted house, trees, apples...etc.
make a wish
For this card, I used Bazzill Pattern paper (Grandma's Feather Bed) for the paper-piecing project. I used Lawn Fawn stamps  (Cruising through Life) for this project.

I love how the stripey paper give the windmill such a clean and fresh look. Thanks so much for stopping by! Please link up your card to CAS-ual Fridays by September 14, Wednesday Midnight Eastern Time. I can't wait to see your paper-piecing!  

Lastly, if you like to win some CUTE Penny Black stamp, here is one post you might not want to miss.  Elizabeth Allan  is the super talented Penny Black designer and is giving some blog candy away (comment has to be made before Sept. 24). By following her blog, you'll learn so many techniques and pick up tips and tricks in stamping. Her detailed work and instructions always wow me!

31 comments:

Laura Davis said...

What a fun card!
Hugs
Laura

Dawn said...

this is adorable Virginia. Thanks for updating me on CREATE... go visit my blog and you'll never guess who was my inspiration for the card!!!! thanks

Glenda J said...

This is so fun Virginia! Love the colours and the pinwheels!

onecraftymama said...

I love the stripy grass - so cute! And it looks like the twine is blowing in the wind :) What a whimsical fun card!

BabyBokChoy said...

I can FEEL the wind blowing across the card, great motion!!!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so CUTE!

Barb said...

I have so missed visiting your blog, Virginia! Love this delightful card! I hope to play along this week! Hugs to you! :)

Anni said...

What a cutie!
Da spĆ¼rt man schon den Wind um seine Nase pfeifen!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thank you for your kind words Virigina. You better put on your baseball glove because I am tossing that "wow" right back at YOU! So glad you had those patterned papers on your shelf so we could be treated to this gem of a card!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Virginia! How've you been? I saw your pinwheel card over at CF and thought how cute it is. And you're right, the wind does really blow in the fall! Glad I read your post about the requirements for the challenge. I read it wrong at CF and thought it said "paper-PIERCING", not "piecing". Whoops! Just in case I have time to play!

Annette said...

so cute..love the color combo..It is just a happy card...

Angi @ CokiePop said...

EEK...Love the paper and the twine. :)

Rachel W K said...

this seems like a very fun challenge, i can't wait to try it out. you're little pinwheels look too too fantastic!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute! Love the different colors in the grass and the cute pinwheels!

Kelly Booth said...

LOVE this V.....Such an adorable card!!!

Kate Lewis said...

Great card Virginia - I love those cute pin-wheels! Kate x

Marlena M. said...

I love the wind you created here...from the swirls to the twine reaching up, Virginia. ;)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

Ooooh, LOVE all the fun colors and those pinwheels!!! Fabulous card.

Alice Wertz said...

love that you have the baker's twine flowing the same direction, too! so fun! love this clean fall card, V!!

Eve said...

wow, great papers for paperpiecing the great stamps, for a great card!! Very cheerful. Luv this kinda card! :-)

Lindsey said...

I'm with you, just about anything can be paper-pieced! Love this colourful card.

Pam said...

I love your card!! The pinwheels are so cheerful and the colors are so bright! Simply gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Super cute Virginia...love the way the twine appears to be blowing in the wind!

Brenda said...

I just love these pinwheels and you have captured the "movement" so well! Also love the colours!

Laurie said...

Adorable little pinwheels! What a cute card!!

Heather Innusa said...

This is absolutely SO fun!!!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your card is gorgeous--love the bright colored pinwheels. I always look forward to see the cards that you create. Hugs to you.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Virginia, this is so stinkin' cute! Love those sweet pinwheels and your happy go lucky color scheme. Such a clever girl!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your paper pieced pinwheels Virginia!

Dana said...

You have the most creative ideas! This card is awesome and the grass is my favorite part. Cute cute cute!

Julie Day said...

Love this card! Your scene and the way you've tied your twine creates the perfect movement, I can *feel* the wind blowing :) Love that snipped grass!