Saturday, September 10, 2011

Heritage Photo Layout

Want to see my childhood photos? Well, today is the day that my page will be featured in Scrap Rendez Vous. When Alexandra asked me to contribute to the September theme "Heritage Photos", I was quite stumped. First of all, I have VERY limited heritage photos and secondly, I am not sure if my childhood photos will be suitable or good for scrap-booking. After a few days I searched in my one and only old album which I compiled just before I came to Canada in 1985. Back in those days, I basically just cropped the photos and added some captions and that's IT. No fancy or pretty embellishments or design..whatsoever. So I took out the old cropped photos and had them photocopied at the photocopy store, so they look like this. 
(1)
Then I decide to use three photos from the photocopy. I made all elements in three-3 photos, 3 butterflies, 3 flowers, 3 bike images....
(2)
Here is the close-up. I sprayed the background with Gold Comic Shimmer Mist (generously given to me by Cathy while we visited London last year). I love the negative spray effect with the little butterfly!
(3)
I hope you like what I did with the old photos. I am glad that I manged to keep the original photos in tact and the photocopies work just so perfectly. A little distressed edges was all that was needed. For more details, please visit Scrap Rendez Vous Maybe this will inspire you to photocopy some old precious photos and scrap them for someone special in your life? Have a GREAT Weekend!




13 comments:

Barb said...

Virginia, what a very special layout this is! I love what you've done with the photos and it makes a wonderful keepsake for future generations! You sure look cute in this pics. . .love the one with you playing the piano! Hugs!

Dawn said...

Awesome LO Virginia. Great idea to use photocopies...

Donna Bowman said...

Very nice layout Virginia! I love how you did the background with the spray mist and the bikes are too cute!!!

Lynn said...

Virginia, your layout is Amazing (yes with a capital A :)! I love the mist, and the flowers...gorgeous!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

This is gorgeous Virginia! Love all the elements. I'm sure this will spur you one to do more heritage pages.

Annette said...

You did an amazing job and your photos are awesome...great job.. Love the whole layout..

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a GORGEOUS lo Virginia! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is gorgeous, Virginia! What a fabulous layout. I love it. :)

Alice Wertz said...

such a beautiful layout, VIrginia! love seeing the old photos of you! =) amazing details and love love the design! fab work as always! have a beautiful weekend, my friend! =)

BabyBokChoy said...

amazing heritage layout!! awesome!

Lindsey said...

Fabulous, Virginia! And what a perfect sentiment to go with these sweet pictures of you. :)

Trinh said...

This is beautiful, Virginia! Love how you repeated the elements and that yummy mist.

onecraftymama said...

The negative of the butterfly popped out at me right away - love that, and the paper-pieced bloooms!
This would make a fabulous framed picture for your wall. How cool that you've added your own handwritten reflection. I think that's my favourite part :)