Monday, September 26, 2011

A LAYOUT--a goofy one, too!

 Paint and spray are the hard-to- control elements for projects....well, mine seem to be quite a bit"messier" than I had in mind. Not sure if I should enter the challenge, but it's good to share with you all.

 I had been itching to make a layout for David's photo. This picture was taken in Orlando, Florida back in Feb. David and Stephanie were at the gift shop and they have always loved to pose with the stuff toys since they were little. Somehow he got talked into posing with the toys in front of the camera! I love the goofy look of him and it always reminds me of the fun moments we had during our winter getaway. So when I saw the Embellish challenge (see here), I thought to give myself a challenge. Instead of a card, I made a layout based on the colors and used the Cosmic Spray that I don't use enough of.
DSC_0010
I painted the borders of the layout with a small brush (Making Memories paint ) and sprayed the grey paper with the silver glitter. I have never had a messy and unruly border like this one before (what was I thinking???). I stamped the monkeys and frog and then colored them with Copics and Marvy markers.
DSC_0005
The sentiments and zig zag lines are from SRM Stickers.
DSC_0007
As you can tell, this layout is more of a stamper's work. There is not an inch of pattern paper or flowers or fancy embellishments. Well, that's the beauty of making a page, RIGHT? There is practically no rule (for me anyway).  Each photo has its own character and style....anything goes! If you have never scrap before, it's time to try and unleash your creativity (just overlook my messiness in this page)!! I am just happy to share and appreciate your stopping by! I know David likes it :)

19 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Virginia, this layout is SO sweet! What wonderful stamped elements you have added...you are quite the scrapper, my lady! This is a great way to capture the essence of that sweet picture...filled with such nice memories!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Great layout! Oh my gosh.. I am loving that inspiration piece! Thanks for the share!

Barb said...

Goofy and oh, so fun, Virginia! Love the cute stamps you used and that photo of David is a riot! :)

Dawn said...

so cute Virginia. A superb LO. You really make the photo stand out with the overwhelming it

Lynn said...

Such a fun picture of David and what a fabulous layout. The painting of the background page is so cool!

joy said...

What a fun layout - and a fabulous way to keep the memories alive for your family! Love the spray; the stamps; the photo!

tortagialla said...

Super cute! Love the monkeys!

Lindsay said...

So so cute Virginia! I love those monkeys!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia I love YOUR crafty rules - they always result in something unique!

AnitaRex said...

What a funny photo!!! I like your stampers page you are a stamper first after all right?

Kathy (krolski) said...

David, you crack me up! Great photo. Virginia, your LO and your card a super! Love the monkeys!

Annette said...

wow Virginia... I love love love this page... The monkeys are adorable...I just love your creativity...

Brenda said...

I think your layout is great Virginia! Nothing wrong with it at all! Love that photo!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! This is soooooo fun! I love the painting and the frog--and those monkeys on the string--TOOOOO CLEVER:) LOVE LOVE LOVE this LO! You nailed it!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a cute layout, Virginia!

Lindsey said...

Perfect layout for this great photo! Love the monkeys!!!

Alice Wertz said...

haha! i LOVE that photo. David is too cute and it really put a big smile on my face!! =) LOVE how you used the paint to frame the photo and the details are amazing. super layout, Virginia!

ivy said...

i guess they never grow up, do they?! great LO!

Rachel W K said...

i love seeing you create a scrapbook page!! I can tell all of your stamping techniques have been included :) And a super cute photo !

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com