Monday, September 26, 2011

SMILE!

My attempt of making a circus card without any obvious circus stamps. Thought I would make the last minute entry for Paper Crafts September 2011 Gallery Challenge. I am also re-submitting this elephant card that I made for the Paper Crafts submission call for circus cards. It was my very first attempt to submit cards for publication. Even though it was a reject, it still remains to be my favorite circus card.
SMILE 
About this card:
Pattern paper:  Cosmo Cricket
Stamps : Hero Arts (Envelope Pattern and Playful Monkey)
Sentiment: SRM Stickers 
Embellishments: gems from Michael's (Reflections), twine

It seems that I in the mood for Playful Monkey as I also used it for my layout (see here ).  The most time-consuming part of making this card is cutting out the monkeys (see the tails!?).  Hope this makes you smile!

27 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fun card Virginia! Love how the monkeys are hanging off the rope, and the one with it's tail wrapped around it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love it, and I love the added bling!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Soooo crafty and clever. :)

Barb said...

Love this fun card, Virginia! The hanging monkeys are adorable and love the colorful, striped awning! Good luck in the gallery challenge!

Cheryl Nelson said...

ADORABLE!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

Super fun and cute! LOVE it!

Kate Lewis said...

What a cute and fun card Virginia, I love the bling! Kate x

BabyBokChoy said...

How can anyone NOT smile?? it's so cute!!

AnitaRex said...

What a fun circus card Virginia!!!! Love how you used the rhinestones! And that pp is a great choice!

Lindsay said...

Super fun Virginia! Love that pp!

Tina said...

Cute and sweet. Love your card - it really is a gorgeos circus card.

shirley said...

Fabulous card. Love the monkeys.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is darling, Virginia! :)

Annette said...

so adorable... these monkey are so cute...

Donna Bowman said...

Very cute circus card Virginia! Love the monkeys!!

Dawn said...

certainly made me smile. Good luck with the challenge

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute--love your papers and the string with the monkeys! I LOVE how they are playful!!! You rocked this challenge--without any "circus" stamps! YOU are AMAZING:)

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

adorable monkeys!!! too cute.

Kelly Booth said...

Soooooo Cute!!! Love this fun card V.....Those monkeys always make me smile!!

Lindsey said...

Yay, it's the monkeys again! What a fun card.

Vera Rhuhay said...

hehehehe this is super cuuute,Virginia!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hee hee--the monkeys are hilarious! I bet that took a while to fussy cut them! I love the papers you used and the envelope stamping in the background. Awesome card, Virginia!

Anni said...

This is such a cute! I love the monkeys hanging in the twine! So eine süße Karte! Und die Papierauswahl hast du wie immer wunderbar getroffen!
Liebe Grüße, Anni

Alice Wertz said...

this is so fun and super cute! love love those monkeys!

ivy said...

love these monkeys!

Elizabeth Allan said...

How could anyone resist the smile that this card offers! Those hanging monkeys are adorable.

Eve said...

how cute! I esp. luv one monkey's tail, clinging to the rope (twine) too! This card made me "SMILE" :)