Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SRM Stickers with Marvy Markers Feature

Hello dear friends! I'm very excited to share a project that I did with Le Plume Permanent from Marvy Markers. Back in the mid-90s, I had brush markers from Marvey for rubber stamping and now fast forward warped speed to today, Marvy has come up with this alcohol-based coloring makers. I find that there is really NO difference between Marvy and the other comparable brand such as Copics. Marvy markers have just one brush tip which is the side I use the most. The bottom line is the PRICE! Marvy sells for $2.99 EACH and they are made in Japan!  See color chart here. Need I say more?
 About the markers:
LE PLUME PERMANENT is great for comic, Manga, cartooning, designing, rubber stamps, clear stamps, landscape studies, gesture drawings, painting, and sketching. Available in 144 colors. 141 of the colors are alcohol based and permanent while the other 3 colors are opaque and pigmented. 

I made three cards to showcase the beautiful colors from the Marvy Markers.
I am here for you
Marvey Markers are so easy to use. I really like the juicy brush tip. See those little windows? No problem! In case you went over the line, you can use the white marker that comes with a tiny tip to cover up. The colors are easy to blend in. For this sun flower, I did not have the perfect blending as I like the brush stroke showing on the flower. It gives a rustic feeling.
Happy Birthday
 Fancy Sticker Sentiment-Birthday
 For the next card, I made my own pattern paper strip for the sentiment and topped it off with the SRM Stickers. All I did was to color the white paper card stock with a ruler. I applied the same colors that I used for cute girl image (from Penny Black stamp).
HUGS
 The strips of border at the bottom is from Basic Grey. I added the faux zig zag stitching and white dotted lines and dots for interest. I hope that this gives you some ideas/inspirations about these marvelous Marvy Markers and SRM Stickers.  
Please comment in SRM Blog to win!  

Details: MARVY PRIZE GIVEAWAY
A set of 24 LePlume PERMANENT Markers (your color choices!) will be given away to a random comment provider each day of our feature. Additionally, a GRAND PRIZE of $400 worth of retail Marvy product will be awarded to one lucky winner at the end of the feature. To be eligible to win the Grand Prize, you must have commented during each day's feature. Good luck! Winners will be announced here at the Blog and at our Facebook Fan Page on Friday, September 23rd.
 Good luck! 


27 comments:

Dawn said...

Whoo hoo Virginia. These cards show case the markers perfectly. I NEED some NOW! Love how you made your stripy paper on the last one. Ingenious!

Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow...those are fabulous,Virginia!
Love...Love..them ALL!

Simone said...

Awesome cards Virginia! The colouring on them is so gorgeous! Love each of them!

Tracy said...

Great cards. Love the sound of the markers :)

Lynn said...

SERIOUSLY!!! Your cards are fabulous...I love them all..and the city scape...STUNNING Virginia! You are extremely talented!

Donna Bowman said...

GREAT cards Virginia! Love how you colored them! Especially the Sillyscape - I have got to get that stamp!!

diana said...

Great cards! TFS ;-)

Renee VanEpps said...

Hi Virginia, came over from SRM's blog.. Just wanted to tell you how much I adore your cards!!! And thank you so much for adding the links - that little girl stamp is so stinking cute!!!!! And the city scape is awesome too. Have a beautiful day :)

Barb said...

Wow, where do I start? These are all fabulous, V! I can't believe you used all those different colors on the city scene card and I adore that sentiment! Your flower is colored beautifully and what a fun and clever idea to use the markers to make the sentiment strip! So creative, as always! You inspire me!!

P.S. Big congrats on your win over at Moxie Fab! :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Virginia your cards are just another example of your wide range of style. Gorgeous designs!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Virginia, your cards are all wonderful--your city card is my favorite. I will have to try the Marvy markers.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Oh WOWZERS!! Fantabulous cards!!!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Virginia, I LOVE all of your cards! Going to check out the SRM blog now!

Chunyuan said...

Love all three cards. Great coloring.

Congrats on your win over Moxie Fab World.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I love your cards--you know I do! But I have got to say that the first one......OH MY GOOOODNESS! Too clever! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:) Great coloring--great use of stickers! LOVE!

BabyBokChoy said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, I really adore the last one, lol, it's so beyond extremely cute!! :)

pcm said...

VIrginia,
These are great! An congrats on your Moxie Fab win too!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

All three of these cards are so different but equally fabulous, Virginia! You are a rock star! :)

Lindsay said...

So so cool Virginia! Love all of your cards, so different from each other but no less amazing!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Oh wow....awesome creations Virgina. Love the coloring. :)

alexandra s.m. said...

Oh what a treat Virginia!
I absolutely ADORE these!!

xox

Annette said...

awesome cards Virginia... love your creativity...

Tiffany said...

Oh, Virginia, what beautiful coloring on all of these, now I'll have to check out these markers for myself!

Cristina said...

These are ALL so stinkin' adorable!

Lindsey said...

I've been waiting for your turn with these markers, Virginia, and it was worth the wait! All your cards are absolutely beautiful. Wow!

dahlhouse-designs.com said...

beautiful.

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful coloring and really love the happy colors you used for each card. fabulous work as always, Virginia!