Thursday, October 20, 2011

Card with Chevron Stripes

 I am always intrigued with chevron stripes, but I am kind of stumped since I do not own pattern paper with chevron stripes. A couple months ago, I made this card for the Moxie Fab's Chevron Challenge, but I never did submit it. I used the stitching image from the stamp set (Sew Artsy ). That was my first attempt.
After coming across with this video by Julie Campbell over Two Peas in a Bucket , my light bulb finally went up! Unlike the video, I used strips of paper since I have abundant of them. I am still saving my precious washi tape. This is my card after trying out a few patterns of chevron.
thank you
As you can tell, the chevron strips are not perfectly even. BUT I really like how it turned out. the flower was embossed in white and then was distressed with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I love the white sentiment from SRM Stickers  that are perfect in coordinating with the embossed flower. I love to learn something new along the way....this is definitely one of them! Oh...and of course, this card was prompted by CREATE Blog and it is featured here.
  Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Barb said...

I love that you are always ready to try new things, V! This card turned out great and that white sticker sentiment is perfect against the darker colors! So fun! :)

Was this a pre-written post, or is your computer now working again? Hope so!

Nancy said...

How crafty are you! Both of your cards show off your amazing creativity!

alexandra s.m. said...

This is so cool Virginia!
love it!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Fabulous cards, Virginia! Love the vibrant colors, you are so creative! I've been seeing the chevron pattern being used but haven't try it myself yet, I think I should give it a try after seeing your cards! Have a happy beautiful week, my friend!

Christina said...

Two fantastic takes on the chevron pattern, but I'm especially fond of the bold background on your second card. I'll have to give this technique a try!

cnelson said...

Oh WOW! I'm so in LOVE with BOTH of these! So FAB!

Maureen Morton said...

Wow, Virginia. your mind is always in high gear! Love both (wish you would have submitted the first, it is great), but the boldness of the second one simply knocks my socks off!

Lin said...

Great take on the challenge with both cards, my friend! Wishing you lots of luck!

Barb said...

wow. these are both so pretty! i would have submitted your original card...so genius to use the stitching stamp that way. and with the rainbow? love! that second card is wonderful too. i love that the chevron strips are slightly offset. very pretty!

Carolyn King said...

You are so clever!!! Love them both ;)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun cards and congrats on your Hero Arts win, you go girlfriend!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow that is awesome! I love how this turned out!

Rachel W K said...

i've never figured chevron out either, you're a brave soul to test the waters! The paper strips worked so so well, it looks fantastic. You should make more :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Annette said...

wow great use of the chevron design... I love your ideas...

Chris and Paige Evans said...

A-MA-ZING cards!

BabyBokChoy said...

seriously brilliant ideas!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

EEEK...love this design Virginia. Fabulous idea. :)

Lindsay said...

So so creative Virginia! Love them!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

I have wanted to try this technique since I saw it on 2peas also. Love how you did it. Love the first card with the stitching too!

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous take on the chevrons, V!! so clever. fab cards, my friend!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER cute! I LOVE LOVE each card--that second one is so pretty! LOVE that you you always try new techniques/etc. YOU ROCK!

Deirdre said...

Wooohoooooooo - just spotted your card on the front of the CARDS blog post.... WOOHoooooo for you. So thrilled. Love what you created. Have a great weekend.

Lindsey said...

Hee, it's Friday, so of course there's a Virginia card over on the Create blog! I like both of these, but that flower on the second one really makes the card pop.

Kehkshan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eve said...

Luv them both, Virginia, Great cards. I esp. luv the 1st card, with many colors! What a FUN CARD! :-)